The Young Bucks

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
typicalrohfan

The Young Bucks

Post by typicalrohfan »

The best tag team on the indy scene and likely in the world free agents but are never in ROH. How WEIRD is that?!
YimYac

Re: The Young Bucks

Post by YimYac »

Something something flights

Something something golden planes

Something something lives in California
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Agreed. They need to be first priority. They add so much to every show they're on.
Smile

Post by Smile »

They'll probably end up in TNA at some point. Their buddy TJ Perkins made his Impact debut tonight as Suicide.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Smile wrote:They'll probably end up in TNA at some point. Their buddy TJ Perkins made his Impact debut tonight as Suicide.
They did one of the TNA taped PPVs

But they've said already they aren't willing to sign a contract anywhere
Smile

Post by Smile »

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publ ... 1500.shtml
ZZ: You seemed to have a nice spot in Ring of Honor in 2009 and again in 2011-early 2012, but disappeared quickly. What’s the situation with them?

MJ: That place never really felt like home, honestly. It was always just another company we worked for. It was never a place we strove to work for or dreamed of being a part of. Of course we had fun there and are thankful for the times we did spend there; we learned a ton from the guys there. They've got an amazing roster. We've recently been contacted about coming back, but long story short, it didn't work out, which is a shame because making money is always nice! Who knows; in the meantime, we're doing just fine!
typicalrohfan

Post by typicalrohfan »

I know what happened and why but isn't ROH the place for the "best wrestling in the world?"
I mean there's a show coming up titled "BEST IN THE WORLD" and arguably the best talent bar none on the indy scene are right there.

I know some lonely wolves out there don't like the name drops of other promotions but the WWNLive Universe are bringing them in for East coast shows. What does that say about ROH?!?!?!?!!?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Dragon Gate USA & Evolve got a huge gain when they got The Young Bucks. They won the Open The United Gate Titles in short order and are already a focal point of the promotion. Dragon Gate USA/Evolve knows how to use them.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

typicalrohfan wrote:I know what happened and why but isn't ROH the place for the "best wrestling in the world?"
I mean there's a show coming up titled "BEST IN THE WORLD" and arguably the best talent bar none on the indy scene are right there.

I know some lonely wolves out there don't like the name drops of other promotions but the WWNLive Universe are bringing them in for East coast shows. What does that say about ROH?!?!?!?!!?
The post above you pretty much says that they were contacted to come back. And that it didn't work out. Things happen. They're good wrestlers and all, but its not like they're needed for BITW.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Superkicks are passé.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

obviously the best tag team on the indys right now, such a shame they weren't given the chance to showcase their talents during their second tenor. I think if they were allowed to have 25 plus minutes amazing tag team matches against Briscoes, future shock in 2012, ROH management wouldn't even be thinking of the flight costs and bring them in as much as possible.
In contrast to Hardy, Rhio and other has beens, they're a team that would contribute much to the tag team scene and eventually (after hpye, reviews praising them) woudl generate a larger number of buys than Hardy or Rhino could ever dream of.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Judging by the interview they were asked to come back but presumably either didn't want to sign contracts or wouldn't agree to stop taking DGUSA/Evolve bookings. I can't blame them or TJP choosing to hold out for a spot in TNA. RoH have probably done their reputation with wrestlers damage by having TJP and the Bucks under contracts that prevent them working iPPVs and DGUSA but not using them for long periods.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Dragon Gate USA & Evolve got a huge gain when they got The Young Bucks. They won the Open The United Gate Titles in short order and are already a focal point of the promotion. Dragon Gate USA/Evolve knows how to use them.
Or it's just Gabe satisfying his boner
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:obviously the best tag team on the indys right now, such a shame they weren't given the chance to showcase their talents during their second tenor. I think if they were allowed to have 25 plus minutes amazing tag team matches against Briscoes, future shock in 2012, ROH management wouldn't even be thinking of the flight costs and bring them in as much as possible.
In contrast to Hardy, Rhio and other has beens, they're a team that would contribute much to the tag team scene and eventually (after hpye, reviews praising them) woudl generate a larger number of buys than Hardy or Rhino could ever dream of.
Are people STILL complaining about Rhino?

The guy who has had probably 1 bad match since coming to ROH?

Rhino has more than proved his worth time and time again.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

YimYac wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Dragon Gate USA & Evolve got a huge gain when they got The Young Bucks. They won the Open The United Gate Titles in short order and are already a focal point of the promotion. Dragon Gate USA/Evolve knows how to use them.
Or it's just Gabe satisfying his boner
Gabe apparently reads the internet forums and books for them so he is, in effect, satisfying lots of IWC fans' boners. He's made the right decision if the cost of booking the Bucks has led to an increase in the gate and iPPV sales to cover their costs (presumably not $150 with nothing to cover trans).
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

YimYac wrote:
Are people STILL complaining about Rhino?

The guy who has had probably 1 bad match since coming to ROH?

Rhino has more than proved his worth time and time again.
Maybe if he used piledrivers as transition moves and no-sold superplexes like Davey Richards, people would think he's a better worker. Or if he used no psychology and botched every third move like ACH or Coleman & Alexander.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Hawkeye wrote:Superkicks are passé.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

I don't care for them to be honest.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

ShaunSperling wrote:I don't care for them to be honest.
This.

I wanted them to be champs, sure. But for the principle, since they're are considered the top indie tag team by others and could thereby add to the title's prestige.

Also, my apathy aside, I think that it'd make for a cool statistic if they won the tag titles in every top indie. If only CZW would sign them for a few shows...
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Amazing tag team. For some reason their match in ROH weren't that good and I don't think their goofy shtick fits in ROH but I still would love to see them once again in an ROH ring.
MOOSE!