Colin Delaney

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BlackLesnar

Colin Delaney

Post by BlackLesnar »

Did Colin Delaney/Olsen ever have a match in ROH a few years ago?

I'm watching the 5/25 Episode and
Spoiler: show
during Delaney vs Mark Briscoe, Kelley & Corino keep talking about how this is his 'grand return' to ROH, how it's so nice to have him back, etc.,
but I can't find any evidence that he's ever had so much as one dark match with the company before. Not on ROH's Past Events page, not on cagematch.net, nothing. Anyone have any idea?
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
YimYac

Re: Colin Delaney

Post by YimYac »

A dark match seems like the only possibility.

I will say however
Colin looks the best he ever has. I know AIW said that he's been working hard to get back into shape and do well in the ring lately. It just sucks indy fans will always have the stigma WWE gave him when he was on the indies for years before he got signed (one of the few people to skip developmental as well)
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Oh yeah Colin has looked great the past almost year.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

YimYac wrote:A dark match seems like the only possibility.

I will say however
Colin looks the best he ever has. I know AIW said that he's been working hard to get back into shape and do well in the ring lately. It just sucks indy fans will always have the stigma WWE gave him when he was on the indies for years before he got signed (one of the few people to skip developmental as well)
Haha, Colin Delaney, Stigma. ;)
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BlackLesnar wrote:Did Colin Delaney/Olsen ever have a match in ROH a few years ago?

I'm watching the 5/25 Episode and
during Delaney vs Mark Briscoe, Kelley & Corino keep talking about how this is his 'grand return' to ROH, how it's so nice to have him back, etc.,
but I can't find any evidence that he's ever had so much as one dark match with the company before. Not on ROH's Past Events page, not on cagematch.net, nothing. Anyone have any idea?
I can't find anything about this, either.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Holy shit Colin is in fantistic shape, he looked really good in the ring, I'm pretty shocked to be honest.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I hope for him he won't get signed. The idiotic fans will give him hell just like Mondo because he used to be a joke in WWE.
MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

DieHard wrote:I hope for him he won't get signed. The idiotic fans will give him hell just like Mondo because he used to be a joke in WWE.
I disagree, Mondo was given shit, because:
A) he was being forced down our throats, portraying him as somebody he was not
B) because the guy is as horrible on the mic as it gets, and just came across as a goofy comedy version of a heel (which became even more unbearable to watch as soon as he was turned face).

I get what you're saying as far as the ROH ans are concerned, they do tend to see former WWE talent as inferior, however, that just wasn't the case with Mondo. His look, his mic skills were more fitting for an undercard comedy wrestler than for the fighting super seious and determinded wrestler he was portrayed as. That'S the reason he was given shit by the fans, not the WWE stigma
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Tim

Post by Tim »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
DieHard wrote:I hope for him he won't get signed. The idiotic fans will give him hell just like Mondo because he used to be a joke in WWE.
B) because the guy is as horrible on the mic as it gets, and just came across as a goofy comedy version of a heel (which became even more unbearable to watch as soon as he was turned face).

I get what you're saying as far as the ROH ans are concerned, they do tend to see former WWE talent as inferior, however, that just wasn't the case with Mondo. His look, his mic skills were more fitting for an undercard comedy wrestler than for the fighting super seious and determinded wrestler he was portrayed as. That'S the reason he was given shit by the fans, not the WWE stigma
If someone is good they will get over. The main reason I started watching ROH is because I wanted to see what James Gibson was capable of without the "WWE handcuffs". Not only was Mondo shoved down our throats, but he could not have come around at a worse time, the fans were already fed up with Bennett, Charlie, Shelton, and QT were basicly WWE style guys. And I know that isn't his fault, but Mondo didn't help his own cause with his goofy promos or his "Godzilla fears Mondo" sign. If Colin (or anybody else) is truly good then there is no reason he shouldn't be booked. I didn't even recognise him when he first, but once his named showed up on the graphic and saw what he can do in the ring, I felt really proud for him, he has obviously been working extreamly hard, I would still say bring in Hollister first, but I certinly don't see why Delaney can't get another shot at some point.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:

I totally agree with this. I think Delaney would fare far better than other past WWE talent.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

It's even funnier because he was only in WWE for a year at most

He's been on the indies for about 8-9 years.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:

This. Other former WWE talent have been accepted when fans haven't felt that they are being pushed beyond their ability. Look at D'Lo no one objected to his presence in the midcard because he was putting on midcard quality matches.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Havent really seen much of Delaney since he left WWE apart from the odd CHIKARA match. He looks so much better, more mature now especially compared to his Olsen teeny bopper days. His TV match was decent and it would be cool to see him get more shots
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

Ugh, I thought this guy was the furthest looking thing from a pro wrestler imaginable. In a bad way.
Tim

Post by Tim »

He is min eventing an AIW IPPV next month, Im gonna order it just to see what he can do wen he gets time.