Kurteous reviews In Your Face

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kingkurteous

Kurteous reviews In Your Face

Post by kingkurteous »

Whats up everyone? Let's see if I can get through a few shows this week. Briscoes and the tag champs give quick promo's and the show starts.

Briscoe Brothers vs Sterling James Keenan & Jason Blade........NYC is hot tonight. Same commentary team as last show (no Lenny Leonard). All 4 guys wind up on the apron and the floor. Big dive from Blade gets the crowd roaring. Dropkicks by the Briscoes. Keenan toys with the crowd a little but Mark is in to stop the offense. Exploder suplex on Blade and a death valley driver follows. Spike Jay driller wins the match.

Nigel is backstage in the electrical closet with his partner for the night, Colt Cabana. Highlights of Dave Christ and Ricky Reyes are shown and we see Chris Hero jump Julius Smokes.

Davey Richards vs Jimmy Rave........Rave jumps Davey before the bellthey bothe get some offense in and then Richards suplexes Jimmy off the top rope on the floor. Flurry of kicks by Davey. Rave almost gets the win using the ropes but out of nowhere, the rookie locks in a nasty shoulder submission. Rave is pissed but another good showing from Richards.

Colt Cabana & Nigel McGuiness vs Austin Aries & Roderick Strong......These 4 guys have themselves quite the match. I was doing something while watching, so not much play by play here. Towards the end Nigel is forced to tap after the Stronghold and Boston Crab, Lots of chops and intensity here.

Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Whitmer.....this match stems from their last meeting when Jacobs was almost killed on the apron. BJ attack Jacobs outside but in the ring Jacobs is right there matching chop for chop. Dropkick to the back of the head gets 2. He goes for a top rope rana but BJ blocks it. Contra Code is reversed into a tombstone but Jacobs kicks out. Jacobs catches Whitmer kissing his girl and is pissed. He leaps through the ropes with a diving forearm. Again, Whitmer powerbombs Jacobs out away from the ring and into the crowd. The match is a no contest. To be continued I suppose...

Intermission time is a quick Davey Richards promo. He has a nice blue knot on his left eye but he's proud to be 2-0 in ROH.

Shane Hagadorn vs Mitch Franklin....Great bathroom break match. Hagadorn wins after a reverse sleeper submission.

Adam Pearce vs Claudio Castagnoli.........Scrap Iron jumps the Swiss money man outside. Claudio with a kneedrop gains control for a minute. Gut 01rench superplex by Pearce for a 2 count. Chris Hero runs out to the ring and clocks Pearce with his PWG tag belt. Homicide runs down and connects with a tope con hilo. He brutally attacks Hero outside and we have a new match...

Vhris Hero vs Homicide.....Both men seem to have counters for the other. Unfortunately, there is no counter to steel in the face. Back senton by Hero for 2. Powerslam from Hero gets another 2 count. When in doubt the cravat is Hero's move of choice. Back body drop into a swinging DDT followed up by an ace crusher and Homicide has a nearfall. A table gets pulled from under the ring as Homicide is laid out from a swinging neckbreaker. The CZW charge is able to powerbomb Homicide through the table for a 2 count. Just when it seems Chris is in control Homicide crushes him with the lariat for a 3 count. At least these guys has a finish. Afterwords, Homicide says that by years end he WILL be the world champ.

Samoa Joe vs KENTA vs Bryan Danielson.......This is one hell of a main event on paper. Dragon has been ducking Joe and now you throw one of the best Jr. Heavyweights in the world in too.....This should be awesome. Kenta wants to think kicks only will win this and Joe quickly slams him down to remind him this is a wrestling match. All 3 men exchange chops and Kenta delivers a dual dropkick to both men, Joe leaps thru the ropes with an elbow onto both men. Dragon leads off the turnbuckle with a somersault onto both guys in the crowd.Flying knees by Kenta onto Joe.A leapingf Falcon Arrow off the top gets the 2 count. Dragon gets Kenta in Cattle Mutilation but Joe saves him with a senton. Regal plex on Ksenta earns 2. Super back body suplex for 2. Joe gets his lands wrapped up in a Kenta cloverleaf but Danielson dropkicks then to break it up. Joe drops Dragon onto Kenta's knee and a Go To Seep Follows. The winner in this one should get a title shot asap.

Backstage, The Briscoes inform GenNow that a tag title champ is coming. I had a hard time with this one. Even had to stop a few times. I'm Only giving it a 6 guys, sorry..
"Just for today, my thoughts will be on my recovery"