thatwrestlingshow Hype Videos

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
2 Gatz

thatwrestlingshow Hype Videos

Post by 2 Gatz »

Who else would like to see these return?

I know there was a petition to start using them again last year, but that was when ROH was in full retard mode when it came to listening to their fan base.
Robareid

Re: thatwrestlingshow Hype Videos

Post by Robareid »

Were they the ones who did the Steen-Generico one for Final Battle 2010? That was amazing, so it'd be great if they started doing them again.
ln586856

Post by ln586856 »

I would. Love his work. As I recall there was some issue with copyright stuff so he was let go from being offered contracted work by ROH once Sinclair took over.

Kid's got skills, Sinclair's ROH production team ought to hire him. He owns nearly everything they do, or at least hire him for iPPV hypes.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

The kid wasn't even 18 years old when he was making those videos. He's got a gift.

I honestly believe not hiring him is one of Sinclair's biggest mistakes.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

TYFDK wrote:The kid wasn't even 18 years old when he was making those videos. He's got a gift.

I honestly believe not hiring him is one of Sinclair's biggest mistakes.
Absolutely agree with this one, his videos would add so much to the product. Just think how awesome one of his videos would be for the blow-off to the ROH vs SCUM feud
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

If I remember correctly, he was saying along the lines of that he believed based on his work that should be enough for him to be used in the SBG era, rather than actively seeking their attention. Which, in my opinion, is the wrong way to go about it.

For what it's worth, though, my Steen vs Generico - Destined to do this Forever video got copyright'd.
Last Real Man Hype
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

His videos were amazing. He personally sold me on 2 ippvs when I wasn't actively following the product. I feel like there hit a point were thatwrestlingshow had done everything he could and the ball fell into ROH's hands. ROH could have contacted thatwrestlingshow, offered him some money, offered him access to footage when he needed it, offered to pay for the copyright of certain pieces of music, offered him ideas to what their looking for. Instead it sounded like they just kinda of blew him off and didn't offer him the appropriate amount of support. Which is fine I guess. They weren't obligated too.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Was he the guy that made that Davey/Eddie hype? Man that dude boosted that match so much.
thatwrestlingshow

Post by thatwrestlingshow »

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Just to set the record straight - no copyright issues or anything like that. I was brought into the fold by Lagana and worked with Lagana, HDNet employees and ROH employees all whom are no longer part of the company. I was told that the Best In The World video would probably be my last and even then ROH decided not to carry it on their own channel because of the new ownership. To Marketh, I tried inquiring to Sinclair before - Especially for the 10th Anniversary but they weren't interested. Thus are the casualties of regime changes, new directions and such.

Best wishes to ROH though, certainly a unique experience in my young life (I'm 18 now so I must've been like 15 when I started? Jeez.) but I think Sinclair execs just didn't get the worth of them.

A whole lot of those videos are collected here, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 038&type=2
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

If it's what I'm thinking of, they were great!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I remember most of them, Nigel's farewell was terrifically done.

This is a case where Sinclair doesn't see the value in hype videos that, you know, get you hyped for the main event. The ones they do now are okay at best, but this guy could do a ton better and considering the fact hes aged and I'm sure has learnt a thing or two its something ROH should look back into, if of course Alex would even want to assist them in improving the product just that little bit more.

I'm sure music will be a factor but I loved Nature of the Beast for Final Battle 2010 and I don't see them taking off any time soon, so good songs from unsigned/small bands are pretty easy to find. Certain Voodoo Vegas could contribute something. Considering ROH have taken note of some things we say on the forums this would be another. Effective hype videos. They do make a difference.