RvD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Renegade121

RvD

Post by Renegade121 »

What are your thoughts of rvd coming in and having a few matches in roh?
YimYac

Re: RvD

Post by YimYac »

This was asked like 3 months ago

The consensus back then and now is still likely NO
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

RVD/Elgin or RVD/Cole might not be so bad.
Last Real Man Hype
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

RVD vs. Matt Hardy for the ROH World Title in Ladder War V ...

...and I'll never watch ROH again!

#NoRVDNo
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

No, thanks. He's a douch and will come in the atitude of "if the match is bad it's your fault because I have no idea who you are" like he did in PWG. Plus he's no good anymore.
MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Hell No, he's a a has-been, we already got Hardy to fill that place, no need for a second has-been who can't go anymore on the roster
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Meh, I'd be ok with it.

Although having so many old ECW talents on the roster at the same time is a lil off putting.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Renegade121 wrote:What are your thoughts of rvd coming in and having a few matches in roh?
PFFFFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Last edited by BlackLesnar on Wed May 15, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

BlackLesnar wrote:
Renegade121 wrote:What are your thoughts of rvd coming in and having a few matches in roh?
PFFFFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No really, tell us how you really feel ;)
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I actually wouldn't mind a one off appearance, not really hoping for it to happen exactly but it could be interesting if it does.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Wasn't he asking for a ridiculous amount of money to wrestle Jerry Lynn?

No thanks.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Hawkeye wrote: No really, tell us how you really feel ;)
That the thought of someone as apathetic as RVD putting on ROH-caliber matches is humorous.

That the image of someone as egotistical as RVD wasting his precious Attitude Era aura on ROH-caliber wrestlers is hilarious.

That the concept of someone as contemptable as RVD being honest-to-god PAID with the expectation of entertaining ROH-caliber fans is downright sidesplittingly hysterical.

Ergo, one more time, my thoughts of RVD coming in and having a few matches in ROH: PFFFFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think it would be ok if RVD was brought in, but only if it would be for one, two shows max (iPPV/TV Tapings) to put over young talent. Anything past that is overkill in my opinion.
Die Harder

Post by Die Harder »

no interest, A) i don't think he's that good anymore, B) would rather see money spent on brining in stars from Japan, or West coast talent that needs to be flown in.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

I would be all for it....

if this were 1999.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

If it is finanacially viable, why not give him a shot. If he doesn't deliver, just don't bring him back again.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think it would be ok if RVD was brought in, but only if it would be for one, two shows max (iPPV/TV Tapings) to put over young talent. Anything past that is overkill in my opinion.
The man who refused to drop TNA's World Title because none of their choices were from the Attitude Era?

The man who had to be given over two years of fellatiory booking before he'd willingly lose to homegrown main eventers?

The man who publicly voiced confusion as to why fans wanted him in TNA because "Who would honestly care about seeing RVD vs Christopher Daniels? Seriously?"

This is a man you'd honestly expect to JOB to obscure indie whippersnappers?

:P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When TNA jobbed him out cleanly to Kenny King, he was so indignant that he immediately took his ball and went home. Not even a post-match promo, he was so embarrassed at having to lose to *gasp* a post-90s wrestler! I'm not sure which would be the bigger challenge: trying to persuade him to have matches with anyone other than Rhino & Matt Hardy, or trying to persuade ROH fans to give a shit about RVD having matches with Rhino & Matt Hardy.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

I'd rather see Derrick Bateman, who just got fired by WWE, in ROH.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

DanielBryanson wrote:Derrick Bateman, who just got fired by WWE
NO! FUCKING NOOO!!!!!!