RvD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Six String Samurai

Re: RvD

Post by Six String Samurai »

I never thought RVD was ever that good in the first place. Like the Hardys, so massively overrated by certain fans because he does/did flips galore.

That said, my most enduring memory of RVD will forever be when he and Sabu were pulled over and busted by the cops during his little reign in WWE. The video of RVD trying to bluff his way out with them by saying he is world champion, as if it was a get out of jail free card.
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

Six String Samurai wrote:I never thought RVD was ever that good in the first place. Like the Hardys, so massively overrated by certain fans because he does/did flips galore.
Nothing to do with that. It's about creating a relationship with the fans. Rob is legit. He is a trend setter and innovator. Rewind to 1996 when he was tearing it up in ECW - you put that guy in any promotion in the world at any time - HOLY SHIT. It works.

Even now, he goes through the motions on regular matches, but come PPV's he normally steps it up.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

ShaunSperling wrote:
Six String Samurai wrote:I never thought RVD was ever that good in the first place. Like the Hardys, so massively overrated by certain fans because he does/did flips galore.
Nothing to do with that. It's about creating a relationship with the fans. Rob is legit. He is a trend setter and innovator. Rewind to 1996 when he was tearing it up in ECW - you put that guy in any promotion in the world at any time - HOLY SHIT. It works.

Even now, he goes through the motions on regular matches, but come PPV's he normally steps it up.
He was a trendsetter and innovator. He stopped being innovative well over ten years ago!
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

Because he created stuff people wanted to see. Why deviate. Fans go to his matches hoping to see hsi signature moves. Add more, and you dilute that.
Six String Samurai

ShaunSperling wrote:

What makes you think he will feel the need to step it up for ROH?

He has not done anything we have not all seen before from him in ECW. He goes through the motions. Some fans enjoy those motions. The audience ROH currently courts does not and whats more, RVD is not exactly a name that will draw a crowd that is worth putting up with his needs earlier stated in this thread. What makes anyone here think he will not pull the crap he pulled in PWG?
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

I don't know, I think RVD would be a good draw for ROH. I used to tune into TNA to mainly see him and a ocuple of other, I doubt I'm alone on that one. RVD has a pretty strong fanbase.
Six String Samurai

ShaunSperling wrote:I don't know, I think RVD would be a good draw for ROH. I used to tune into TNA to mainly see him and a ocuple of other, I doubt I'm alone on that one. RVD has a pretty strong fanbase.
Yeah, he does have a fanbase, I just don't know if the ROH fans will warmly welcome RVD and I don't know if RVD's fans would follow him to ROH. I certainly can see him as a draw but it would have to make sense for everyone involved to have it happen. I certainly do see your points though.