Strong vs. Cole in San Antonio!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Strong vs. Cole in San Antonio!

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/former ... lide-texas
On June 1st ROH heads to San Antonio, TX for the very first time! Already signed for the event Davey Richards challenging for the World Title against the winner of Jay Briscoe/BJ Whitmer, a Texas Tornado Tag Team Match with Michael Elgin & BJ Whitmer versus 2 SCUM Members, and Jay Lethal taking on Texas' own ACH!

Now, coming off their Triple Threat collision in Belle Vernon, ROH officials have signed a rematch between two former World TV Champions as Roderick Strong goes one-on-one with the very man who beat him last year on ROH TV, Adam Cole!

“Rematch.” said Roderick Strong to ROHWrestling.com, “That's the word of the day because that is what I never got! Adam Cole beat me for the belt on TV in June last year, he lost it in March of this year, and not one damn time did Ring of Honor try sign on the rematch. I'm not complaining, just pointing out the truth bro. So consider this the rematch that never happened Adam, and just like what would have happened if I had ever had the chance to win my belt back, you are getting beat down.”

Cole, who suffered the pinfall loss to BJ Whitmer in that Triple Threat in Belle Vernon, has been told by Nigel McGuinness he is in-line for a future World Title match but if Strong beats him in San Antonio, compiled with the Belle Vernon loss and as his championship loss at “Border Wars 2013”, one has to wonder if McGuinness will be able to keep that promise. The pressure is certainly on for Cole in San Antonio...

Tickets for our San Antonio debut on June 1st are on-sale now in the ROH Store!
Should be a great match
LariatWinslow

Re: Strong vs. Cole in San Antonio!

Post by LariatWinslow »

Strong even says "bro" in writing.

R-bro-H! R-bro-H!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Should be a great match, i am interesting to see them without nothing holding them back.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

I'm glad that they finally referenced Roddy's lack of a rematch.

Seriously, he's the only TV champ to stick around after losing the belt and not get his rematch. It's not like he was preoccupied; his first PPV match after the loss was a thrown-together opening contest with Mike bloody Mondo.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

That Mondo match was pretty great.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Marketh. wrote:That Mondo match was pretty great.
Seconded
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Sweet. This card is coming together quite nicely.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Card looks great so far, I hope they book Taven vs Edwards here or in Providence.