"A Nightmare in Norfolk"

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
syxxpakk

"A Nightmare in Norfolk"

Post by syxxpakk »

This Saturday, January 21st, Ring of Honor hits Norfolk, VA for the very first time and along with that also come this 1st time ever match when one-half of Future Shock, Adam Cole, takes on “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen!

“This is big.” offered Adam Cole, “For me, on my own, this is maybe as big as when I fought my way into the Survival of the Fittest finals in 2010. Kevin Steen is an absolute madman. I experienced that first-hand when Kyle and I fought him and Steve Corino in Dayton that same year, and from what I can see he’s only gotten worse. His time away from ROH just made him…crazier, and now he wants to take Ring of Honor hostage. That puts a lot on my shoulders in Norfolk, a lot of weight honestly. Whether anyone else feels it, I don’t know, but I feel this responsibility to do whatever I can to stop Kevin in his tracks before he gets anywhere near the ROH World Title.”

These two men have stood opposite one another before, in tag matches, as part of the aforementioned “Survival of the Fittest” in 2010, but this is the first time in Ring of Honor that they have gone one-on-one. Steen brings with him a streak of brutality that Adam Cole hasn’t really faced in his ROH tenure, but based on his above comments, Cole has a fire inside him that Kevin didn’t encounter in their previous meetings.

The eyes of the wrestling world will be on Norfolk, VA this Saturday night when Ring of Honor comes to town and Kevin Steen vs. Adam Cole will be one of the many reasons why. Get your tickets here for ROH’s debut at The Scope!
That should be quite a match. Kind of nervous, though, is Cole becoming a JTTS? I certainly hope not.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Re: "A Nightmare in Norfolk"

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I hope it will just lead to Cole being disillusioned (with his opening bouts and O'Reilly's main events with Davey) which will subsequently mean that he turns on O'Reilly. He would be a great heel IMO.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

This might be the first match announced for this show that I'm looking forward to seeing.
Rudas_Iskariot

Post by Rudas_Iskariot »

it will be a nice start to Steen's run through Team Richards
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

That should be the title of the show.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

rohfanAnthony wrote:That should be the title of the show.
Nah, the title should be "Wrestling's Greatest 2012" or "Honor Hits Norfolk".
Last Real Man Hype
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

JustSkiff wrote:This might be the first match announced for this show that I'm looking forward to seeing.
Yes, the show is looking pretty weak.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

rohfanAnthony wrote:That should be the title of the show.
I was thinking this as well as I expect Steen to appear more than once during the show.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.