Tag Team Division

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DieHard

Tag Team Division

Post by DieHard »

It's just me or the tag team division became really great again?

I'm really happy with how the divison improved after the shitty second half of 2012. First of, reDRagon are an awesome team and great champions. The Wolves, in my opinion, has been incredible so far. Much better than Edwards getting lost at the mid-card and Richards having his worst run. I wasn't a big fan of Thomas and ACH first because I thought that ACH could be a star alone but they're so much fun to watch, perfect newcomers that will be having good matches with everyone. I'm not sure that the fans would accept Evans as single wrestler because of his comedy stuff and because he's not only about wrestling so him teaming up with Marshall is good, helping QT as well. My only complaint right now is that C&C aren't looking as strong as I hoped in 2012.

So are you happy about the change too? Who do you think will become the next champions? Who do you want?
MOOSE!
Robareid

Re: Tag Team Division

Post by Robareid »

Wouldn't mind seeing C&C as next champions, but it'll probably be the Wolves, which I've got no qualms about.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Robareid wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing C&C as next champions, but it'll probably be the Wolves, which I've got no qualms about.
My fantasy booking is:

Wolves to win the belt at MM

DBD - After an epic tag team match Wolves defeting C&C with a controversial finish

Final Battle - In their third match C&C are finally able to beat The Wolves in a long match and they are the new champs
MOOSE!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It would be LONG overdue if C&C got the belts at Final Battle, especially since the last Final Battle was a great time to pull the trigger. Why did The Briscoes have the belts again?

C&C should be the ones to dethrone reDRagon.
Last Real Man Hype
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Marketh. wrote:It would be LONG overdue if C&C got the belts at Final Battle, especially since the last Final Battle was a great time to pull the trigger. Why did The Briscoes have the belts again?

C&C should be the ones to dethrone reDRagon.
Yeah The Briscoes' reign was pointless. They lost it after two monthes and this "open challenge" storyline never happend. Really wanted C&C to win the belts there.

And well, in my opinion they need to build them again as serious contenders for the big names. They lost in all of their big matches in 2013 (SCUM, Wolves and Briscoes).
MOOSE!
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

I agree on all points. Everyone on the roster's being used to maximum efficiency right now as far as I'm concerned. I'm ready to see C&C start picking up some wins, though. I have no idea who will unseat reDRagon. I enjoy that kind of unpredictability in the tag team division. To go way back, it's like the heyday of the WWF tag team division where they had a bunch of strong teams and it felt like any one of a handful of them could win the belts at any time. I suppose that makes Coleman and Alexander the Jim Powers and Paul Roma of ROH if you follow that analogy.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Tag division is really solid at the moment and we are seeing great matches from all teams. I think and hope wolves will be the next tag champs and then after that i would not mind a C&C regin.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Well if Richards is in fact leaving Ring of Honor he won't be around for DBD as his contract expires in August. I'd love to see him and Eddie get one last run with the tag titles. Jay or Cole as World Champion, Wolves as Tag Champions and Taven as TV Champion looks very good to the eyes, but on the division itself I feel it could be stronger and still fail to see why The Bravado's were released considering they'd improved a ton due to their time in NOAH.

I guess we also have whatever combo of SCUM they put forward.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

I can't help but feel that C&C get lauded as the next champs in the making simply because that's how the status quo goes. They're booked as this new hip team who are constantly chasing the belts, like Steenerico or ANX or the Briscoes in their early days, and happen to be the longest-tenured of the new hip teams. So surely they should be champs next, right? Never mind that they're not up to scratch with those other teams by a longshot. Having C&C fill even ANX's old spot feels like a fall from grace, and a cause for concern for the tag division.

I don't know. It just dawned on me a few months ago that these two did not feel championship-caliber in the slightest, and that I was cheering them on because I'm expected to rather than because I wanted to. It's been two years since they formed, and yet ACH & TDT do their same shtick better to be perfectly honest. More energetic, explosive and charismatic.
Marketh. wrote:Why did The Briscoes have the belts again?
I believe that the Briscoes won to better segue them into the World Title picture. It established them once again as ROH's most reliable weapon against SCUM, drove them to the forefront of relevancy again, and really highlighted just how tired & meaningless the headline "Briscoes win the tag titles" had become. Seven time champs was pushing it, but this was just a farce that benefited no-one; it sent a message that Jay & Mark deserve something more than what the tag division could hope to offer them anymore. At least to me.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

As much as I enjoy the C & C Wrestle Factory, I honestly see ACH & Tadarius Thomas winning the belts before they do.

C & C have lost 6 of their total 7 PPV matches (yes, I did the math), and thus don't have a real streak and momentum behind them.

ACH and Thomas, however, are slowly gaining said momentum and would make for good opponents for reDRagon. Not saying C & C aren't, but I'd be more hyped for the former match than the latter.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

A big part of the problem is just C&C being booked as chewtoys for SCUM since Final Battle. They've lost what credibility they had. Now they're just two guys who talk about "the grind" and lose.
Last Real Man Hype
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Marketh. wrote:A big part of the problem is just C&C being booked as chewtoys for SCUM since Final Battle. They've lost what credibility they had. Now they're just two guys who talk about "the grind" and lose.
Yeah, C+C is definitely on the downside now. Since someone has to lose to SCUM to build them up C+C is on that end of the loss column. But they are still getting booked and appearing at the ippvs, so ROH doesn't seem to want to get rid of them.

I'm hoping after that phase passes they get built up. I like them since I think they're that damn good and worthy of a title reign. I also am kind of eager for a title win as, after it's over, I'd like to Cedric get a singles push. I think he's got the in ring skill to be upper card material eventually. But I do want to see them in action. Their match against the Wolves is one of the few reasons I want the WAR DVD.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

I don't get why you people want C & C to be tag champs ASAP. They're not even REMOTELY over. Exactly why Taven is dropping the belt to Mark at the iPPV.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

My guess is the Wolves. I could also see SCUM taking the tag titles if they are unable to secure the World Title.

As far as what I want, it would be cool if Nana came back as manager of a new Embassy tag team that got pushed for a month or two and then won.
Tim

Post by Tim »

BTW10 wrote:I don't get why you people want C & C to be tag champs ASAP. They're not even REMOTELY over. Exactly why Taven is dropping the belt to Mark at the iPPV.
I feel like Taven could be really good if he started cutting promos, and wasn't taking a backseat to Scarlett and Truth... Anyway about C&C, I really like Cedric and don't really care for Coleman.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Tim wrote:I really like Cedric and don't really care for Coleman.
...Why?

Coleman's the interesting one. He's highly charismatic, and does some genuinely innovative stuff in the ring. Cedric's the same bland quasi-acrobat that we've seen a thousand times over in the indies already.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

The only thing I'll say against C&C are that their doubleteams tend to be sloppy. That leg lariat Hart Attack where Cedric takes the opponent down too early for Coleman to connect properly.
Last Real Man Hype
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Yeah sometimes Coleman is sloppy but he's really innovative as well. But Alexander is great and from I saw he's a good promo-cutter.
MOOSE!
SeanWrestling

Post by SeanWrestling »

C&C should definitely be next in line. They're starting to come down with Tyler Black syndrome where they have been ready to be champions for a while now, but it feels like ROH is taking too long to pull the trigger. As a matter of fact, since they're a tag team, I wouldn't call it Tyler Black syndrome in their case, I'd call it ANX syndrome.
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

SeanWrestling wrote:C&C should definitely be next in line. They're starting to come down with Tyler Black syndrome where they have been ready to be champions for a while now, but it feels like ROH is taking too long to pull the trigger. As a matter of fact, since they're a tag team, I wouldn't call it Tyler Black syndrome in their case, I'd call it ANX syndrome.
In order for this to be true they would first have to actually--well, winning a match would be a good start. Then maybe they can build something from there. Until they get a major win or two in a high profile position I just can't consider them anything more than the "popular underdog duo". Which is fine because not everyone can be a championship team or else the titles mean nothing. As it stands I'm pretty certain they're currently the only well established team (with more than a couple of months as a team) on the ROH roster that hasn't had the belts at some point.