Border Wars - Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin vs. S.C.U.M.

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mike Adamle

Re: Border Wars - Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin vs. S.C.U.M.

Post by Mike Adamle »

What's up with all these threads getting closed? It's a forum. Everyone has different opinions. These mods don't need to close threads that are getting actual responses just because they're different responses than they have.

Anyways, hope SCUM wins, would love to see Matt Hardy WIN the ROH title, he'd be a heat machine.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Don'tTalkJustWrestle

Post by Don'tTalkJustWrestle »

SeanWrestling wrote:
Don'tTalkJustWrestle wrote:I'll take Corino leaving the company over Hardy getting a title shot everytime. In fact, I'll take any member of the roster leaving over a Hardy title shot.
Don't be ridiculous.
It is not at all ridiculous. I watch ROH for the WRESTLING, everything else I skip, including having the commentary on low if I can (which is why ROH is the only North American organisation I watch). If Hardy is in a championship match, and forbid, win it, then ROH is no longer an organisation that concentrates on the wrestling aspect (of which they continuously state is in fact the case), but have other proiroties that detirmine their product (which is their prerogative). This would lead me to quit watching ROH for the forseeable future (I am not an enthustiastic supporter of one company), which would be a shame. This would limit my viewing to Japan, and I would go without seeing some of the REAL talent that current resides in ROH.

Now back to the topic at hand.

I do think it is strange that Corino's team as not been announced yet. It leads me to believe that either ROH are not sure about the availability of one/both of the wrestlers, or, there will be (or an attempt at) a slight surprise in the team. At this point in time I am more likely to believe the former, especially given that some people have noticed the recent absence of Jimmy Rave (I would prefer it to be Jacobs and Rave, as this combination as the best potential for a very good match against Lethal and Elgin).
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

What if ... Elgin turns on Lethal at BW and joins SCUM? As a heel he could then feud with Lethal (as well as Cole and Steen), later defeat Jay Briscoe or the ROH title, and somewhere down the line lose the strap to - his then arch enemy - Jay Lethal? Just some fantasy booking...
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

DanielBryanson wrote:What if ... Elgin turns on Lethal at BW and joins SCUM? As a heel he could then feud with Lethal (as well as Cole and Steen), later defeat Jay Briscoe or the ROH title, and somewhere down the line lose the strap to - his then arch enemy - Jay Lethal? Just some fantasy booking...
I wondered about that, but he just left the HoT not all that long ago, so going back to heel seems a bit abrupt.
KaceCC

Post by KaceCC »

Don'tTalkJustWrestle wrote:
SeanWrestling wrote:
Don'tTalkJustWrestle wrote:I'll take Corino leaving the company over Hardy getting a title shot everytime. In fact, I'll take any member of the roster leaving over a Hardy title shot.
Don't be ridiculous.
It is not at all ridiculous. I watch ROH for the WRESTLING, everything else I skip, including having the commentary on low if I can (which is why ROH is the only North American organisation I watch). If Hardy is in a championship match, and forbid, win it, then ROH is no longer an organisation that concentrates on the wrestling aspect (of which they continuously state is in fact the case), but have other proiroties that detirmine their product (which is their prerogative). This would lead me to quit watching ROH for the forseeable future (I am not an enthustiastic supporter of one company), which would be a shame. This would limit my viewing to Japan, and I would go without seeing some of the REAL talent that current resides in ROH.
Bro, you need some PWG in your life.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

DanielBryanson wrote:What if ... Elgin turns on Lethal at BW and joins SCUM? As a heel he could then feud with Lethal (as well as Cole and Steen), later defeat Jay Briscoe or the ROH title, and somewhere down the line lose the strap to - his then arch enemy - Jay Lethal? Just some fantasy booking...
Maybe Lethal is the one to turn? Now that Steen is gone they could still make him sort of work in SCUM.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Robareid wrote:
Maybe Lethal is the one to turn? Now that Steen is gone they could still make him sort of work in SCUM.
He's scheduled to face Jacobs after BW, so it's unlikely. Also all SCUM really needs is a credible threat to the world title (Not Matt Hardy), and Lethal just had another shot, so building him up for another run would be a waste.
SeanWrestling

Post by SeanWrestling »

Don'tTalkJustWrestle wrote:
SeanWrestling wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.

Now back to the topic at hand.

I do think it is strange that Corino's team as not been announced yet. It leads me to believe that either ROH are not sure about the availability of one/both of the wrestlers, or, there will be (or an attempt at) a slight surprise in the team. At this point in time I am more likely to believe the former, especially given that some people have noticed the recent absence of Jimmy Rave (I would prefer it to be Jacobs and Rave, as this combination as the best potential for a very good match against Lethal and Elgin).
Really? You would let one guy getting a title shot stop you from watching an entire company? If that's the case, you were never really a fan in the first place.