Final Battle 2011

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Re: Final Battle 2011

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

That was a complete mess and made no sense at all :/
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Fucking amazing double turn.
Last Real Man Hype
Motion.

Post by Motion. »

Yeah, that was a really weird match.

But anyway, main event time, can't wait!
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Main event time, this is going to be MOTY
Deadpool

Post by Deadpool »

Fruity pebbles chant. Real mature :roll:
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

I just hope the towel doesn't get thrown in to end the match
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Yeah, that tag title match was awkward.

Completely made Paul Turner look like a buffoon as a referee with the pre-match stuff.

While I agree it was time to turn WGTT, NYC might not have been the best place for it...because that city is just not the biggest group to be fans of #DemBoys.

All that said, it worked out and Jay & Mark got the belts back.

Now, with The Young Bucks and ANX both having title shots in their "holsters" it will be very interesting to see when those title defenses get booked.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Tag match was awful, terrible terrible booking.
cviens

Post by cviens »

"Mark my words...in 2012, I will take that ROH World title from you!" - KEVIN F'N STEEN
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Great show, thumbs way up
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Motion.

Post by Motion. »

Great match to end the show. Only complaint is that they're were too many exchanges, there seemed to be one every 5 minutes. Apart from that though, very entertaining match.

And the ending with Steen capped things off very nicely. I can't wait for this Davey/Steen fued next year.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I'm so glad Steen came out at the end there!

I'm gonna sleep on it before posting any thoughts on the main event, it's 5am here in the UK so tiredness may make me write something stupid haha!
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

I hated the main event. It was everything I feared it was going to be and more. Thank God Steen was there to rain on Richards' parade. Steen needs to win the title as soon as possible.

If you didn't get to see the show, I would recommend everything before the final two matches. Even though I'm really happy the Briscoes won, it was a terrible match. I thought the first six matches were fantastic, though. I'd recommend the show, but I'd say skip the tag title match and be cautious with the main event. It's a match you're either going to love or hate.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
davew00d

Post by davew00d »

Need to rewatch the show to take everything in. Especially the main event.

The Steen-Corino match was a great old-school hardcore match. Awesome moment afterwards too.

Maria is a great addition. Surprised that Bennett didn't win.

Loved Severn brawling with everything that moved.

The gauntlet was a mess but it was, obviously, only there to get everyone else their payday.

Liked the way they switched the tag belts.
cviens

Post by cviens »

I wholeheartedly agree with Jon. The tag match was an abortion and the main event dragged on too long and that whole House of Truth involvement bit was unnecessary.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

ROHWorld_Jon wrote:I hated the main event. It was everything I feared it was going to be and more. Thank God Steen was there to rain on Richards' parade. Steen needs to win the title as soon as possible.

If you didn't get to see the show, I would recommend everything before the final two matches. Even though I'm really happy the Briscoes won, it was a terrible match. I thought the first six matches were fantastic, though. I'd recommend the show, but I'd say skip the tag title match and be cautious with the main event. It's a match you're either going to love or hate.
The main event was Awesome dude, it was world war 3 for both men
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

ROHWorld_Jon wrote:I hated the main event. It was everything I feared it was going to be and more. Thank God Steen was there to rain on Richards' parade. Steen needs to win the title as soon as possible.

I am very interested to read more of your thoughts on the main event.

While I cannot go as far as to say I hated it, there are a lot of faults that I think can be found with that style of match. I have never been a fan of kicking out of multiple finishers because it lessens their value - that would be a primary gripe I hold with this bout.

I am really, really disappointed in the build for future World Title challengers by ROH. As it stands, we have Lethal, Elgin and obviously Steen, even though he is "technically" just reinstated tonight. When he is the one I want to see get a title shot the most, it says more about Steen as a wrestler and personality than anything ROH has done at all.

Outside of those three, are there any other wrestlers on the roster that would even merit consideration for a title shot?
cviens

Post by cviens »

HarpoonIPA wrote:

The main event was Awesome dude, it was world war 3 for both men
It was the weakest encounter of their three matches.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

Thomas Bobo wrote:

I am very interested to read more of your thoughts on the main event.

While I cannot go as far as to say I hated it, there are a lot of faults that I think can be found with that style of match. I have never been a fan of kicking out of multiple finishers because it lessens their value - that would be a primary gripe I hold with this bout.

I am really, really disappointed in the build for future World Title challengers by ROH. As it stands, we have Lethal, Elgin and obviously Steen, even though he is "technically" just reinstated tonight. When he is the one I want to see get a title shot the most, it says more about Steen as a wrestler and personality than anything ROH has done at all.

Outside of those three, are there any other wrestlers on the roster that would even merit consideration for a title shot?
You're going to have to listen to the next ROHCast to find out! But seriously, I don't feel like typing since I'm using my dad's laptop and the keyboard sucks. I might post about it when I'm on a different computer.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
cviens

Post by cviens »

ROHWorld_Jon wrote:You're going to have to listen to the next ROHCast to find out!
Final Battle '11 thoughts and how you would book ROH in 2012?