Final Battle 2011

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GardenStateSaint

Re: Final Battle 2011

Post by GardenStateSaint »

dark patriot wrote:return date is sunday march 4th 2012 for the 10th anniversary show. i hope they hit somewhere else close by that weekend.
Don't they have a TV Baltimore date for the 3rd?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Thomas Bobo wrote:J - I think you are missing the point a little.

People do have a right to voice their displeasure/disappointment over the production miscues. They paid their money and ROH is the #3 promotion in the U.S. There is no place for that...if it happened in TNA, please would be all over them.

I don't disagree people shouldn't complain, but it's not going to change overnight. TNA is a multi-million dollar company, ROH isn't. It takes time perfect something like production of an IPPV.

Thomas Bobo wrote:ROH being owned by a TV company, even under the GoFightLive team on this night, should have had their ducks in a row and not had those things occur. It's not as simple as saying Dan Bynum missed a free throw and he gets another shot. Dude was bricklaying all night long if we use that analogy.
Yeah from what I've heard it was awful, but this was his first shot at doing it for ROH. No way to practice doing live production. But it's gotta get better. It's just not coming instantly.
Thomas Bobo wrote:Additionally, I have a real issue with you stating that you are "sure all the matches are fantastic" when you haven't seen the show. That really is being just too blindly loyal to a product when you make statements like that.
I was definitely being sarcastic when I said that because there are a few guys booked on the shows regularly who are awful. Ciampa, for example is a guy who appears to be musclehead with no personality or skills.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

ROHWorld_Dave wrote:You can't really compare ROH's production to Chikara's. Chikara spend a fortune on getting other companies to produce their stuff. The DVDs are released quicker, have better covers and better audio/video but the company, almost certainly, isn't profitable.

Doing things in-house is the best thing for ROH, business-wise. Plus, people with Lagana's talent and experience are few and far between.
Do we know Chikara isn't profitable? How much do DVD-Rs cost anyway?
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
rohgod399

Post by rohgod399 »

it will get better
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was this ROH's first attempt at using replays during an iPPV?

They did seem to cause the majority of the problems.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Thomas Bobo wrote: I feel like it would have made a lot of what happened a lot more dramatic than what we saw last night and not as some have said where they felt that watching the bout on iPPV or live was "laborious."
Me! This is totally me.

Another small thing I didn't like how soon Severn, Kozina, O'Reilly, Elgin, Martini and Strong vanished and how long the match continued from there. It's small but that should have happened in the waning moments rather than just leave so much time for one of those guys to logically hit the ring.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but was this ROH's first attempt at using replays during an iPPV?

They did seem to cause the majority of the problems.
Yes it was, and it was a bold move on their part. I know it's just going to get better over time
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
dark patriot wrote:return date is sunday march 4th 2012 for the 10th anniversary show. i hope they hit somewhere else close by that weekend.
Don't they have a TV Baltimore date for the 3rd?
Do they? That's interesting...a taping before a big NYC show.