The Haas issue is not a work!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
UncannyKid

The Haas issue is not a work!

Post by UncannyKid »

I just left "War" in Asheville, NC. After returning from the restroom I heard a loud yelling from behind the curtain. It was Haas yelling at Grizzly. After a lot of "F bombs." Haas hit Grizzly Redwood in the face. Steen helped walk Redwood to the bathroom and hes was bleeding from his face.(Keep in mind this was all behind the side of the curtain while a match was going on.) Later Haas came out and started "shooting". He said something about Delirious booking and many other things. He also yelled at Kevin Kelly a few times during the match and said something like, "Fuck Nigel" towards Kevin Kelly during a headlock. After the match there was a guy waving him back but he didn't want to get out of the ring and started shooting again and then thanked the fans.
My wrestling youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/uncannykid
TYFDK

Re: The Haas issue is not a work!

Post by TYFDK »

Oh damn. I'm kind of hoping this is left on the DVD/PPV showing, but I doubt it will be.

By the way, will you be posting your thoughts and whatnot on the show?
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

This is Meltzer type scoopz~! Shocking if true.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

If this incident is true, props to UncannyKid for catching it.
Smile

Post by Smile »

Looks like Haas retired from wrestling tonight. Something really upset him.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

If it's real, I think that's the reason:
Haas' pre-match promo talked about all the friends he lost, mentioning his brother and Lance Cade and Reid
But anyway this could be a work and Haas will attack Shelton from behind.

BTW here's a review for the show - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxSUeQh4CkA
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

So basically he's a prick?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Eh.. April Foll's joke, maybe?
MOOSE!
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Here's another report from a fan that attended the show:
He comes out to take on some guy who's name I don't know to this very minute...And Haas gets the mic and tells everyone in the audience that he's given it all to wrestling and all his friends have died (naming his brother Russ, Umaga, and Lance Cade) and this is his last match. We all are shocked, obviously, and a "Thank You Charlie!" chant starts up. And he starts crying. He says he can't wipe his ass without it hurting and turning 40 sucks. He basically tells Kevin Kelly to go fuck himself about ten times then the match begins. He's yelling a Kevin Kelly the entire time and said he was going to beat the hepatitis out of Nigel McGuinness, and that drew some noise from us... And Haas loses to this guy with a little crucifix pinning combo...

So he's lying there on the mat crying and he gets up to more "Thank You Charlie!" He asks for a mic again. The ROH crew refuses, as some of the guys near the curtain are waving for him to come back and don't do all this. They absolutely won't give him the mic. So my buddy yells out for everyone to shut up so we can hear him talk and luckily they do. He thanks us all and tells us how much he loves us, and how he's ready to be a good father and husband. He then hops out of the ring and gives Kevin Kelly the finger very agressively and walks out.

Amazing show, they tore the house down. But this was strange, bittersweet, and unexpected.
Credit to Gabe_Dooders on Reddit. I'm sickened by the Nigel line. If this does turn out to be a work (which isn't the case AT ALL) that is still disgusting to say just to get heat.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

the entire time and said he was going to beat the hepatitis out of Nigel McGuinness,
God. Fuck you Charlie Haas. I don't care if this was a work or not. That's too fucking far. And if this wasn't a work... Wow. Good fucking riddance from wrestling. No one will miss you.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Actually I really hope that this isn't a work.. Haas is getting stale and after the Lethal storyline I'm not all for an another "wrestler going crazy against the company" storyline.. But I'm pretty sure it does a work, why would he mention Nigel who he hates Storyline-ish? Just like I said I think it's an April Fools joke and he'll be at SuperCard.
MOOSE!
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

He assaulted Grizz before the match and they still let him go out and work a match? It's a storyline.
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

This is an odd situation. This is not the type of thing one does to "get people talking". I know people automatically think "work" when anything seemingly out of the ordinary happens in wrestling, but this would be a really badly timed "worked shoot" heading into Supercard Of Honor. So, as awkward as it seems by the written reports, I hope it was legit or it is just bad.
Last edited by Midnight138 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

Kikuchiyo wrote:He assaulted Grizz before the match and they still let him go out and work a match? It's a storyline.
Frankly that's the only thing that doesn't set well with me, too. This would mean that we have a "plant" from ROH posting as Uncanny Kid though, wouldn't it? This was something he overheard going on behind the curtain and just happened to catch a glimpse of Redwood and Steen? Prove you're real, Uncanny! :D

I'll tell you though, if ROH was planting people on the forum to work the company's most loyal fans, it would be even more catastrophically bad than running a "worked shoot" before Supercard Of Honor. Anyone with half a brain would not do that, so I doubt this is the case.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Midnight138 wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:He assaulted Grizz before the match and they still let him go out and work a match? It's a storyline.
Frankly that's the only thing that doesn't set well with me, too. This would mean that we have a "plant" from ROH posting as Uncanny Kid though, wouldn't it? Prove you're real, dude! :D

I'll tell you though, if ROH was planting people on the forum to work the company's most loyal fans, it would be even more catastrophically bad than running a "worked shoot" before Supercard Of Honor. Anyone with half a brain would not do that, so I doubt this is the case.
Perhaps they filmed the stuff he described? The beat the hepatitis line sounds too much like it was written for his character.
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

Kikuchiyo wrote: Perhaps they filmed the stuff he described? The beat the hepatitis line sounds too much like it was written for his character.
Then it would really make no sense AND be in poor taste. Would you hype a big blow off match between two internationally known wrestlers with one already having left the company and the other one going on a rant and telling everyone he has retired? That's not gonna sell any iPPVs. Even if it was done as a way to get out of having the match because Shelton won't come back, it's just a very bad way to go about it. The "worked shoot" is not a good thing for any company IMO, but especially not for ROH.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Delirious has booked worked shoots before. Besides, we don't know if the match isn't going to happen yet and I don't see why Shelton won't come back to have a last RoH match with Charlie. We'll know for sure either if Shelton acknowledges that his friend has retired or if RoH provide 'backstage footage.'
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

The report on prowrestling.net reads a little different than our Uncanny Kid account. Haas was said to have been heard "having words" with several people, including Kelly and Delirious. Our forum member did not SEE Haas punch anyone, he drew that conclusion. He heard someone arguing and then saw Grizzly bleeding and walking to the restroom. Mind you, this is after Grizzly had already had a match, so there's good reason he may have been bleeding. I think we may need to hold out until later today to get it all sorted out for sure.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

Former WWE, and current ROH, star Charlie Haas announced his retirement from wrestling on Saturday before a match with Jeff Louis Neal at the ROH show in Asheville, NC. Haas came to the ring to start the second half of the show, and cut a long, and sometimes rambling, promo about his history in wrestling and having done enough. He wrestled the match, and then stayed in the ring after the match and drew cheers from the crowd. Someone on the ROH staff waved him to come to the back twice, and Haas flipped him off both times. He asked for a mic but was not given one after the match, so he cut a similar promo by just yelling it into the crowd.

During both promos, he called out ROH booker Delirious (a/k/a Hunter Johnston) and ROH commentator Kevin Kelly, specifically referring to Kelly as a "fat piece of shit," for "all the things they say" about him. Haas was visibly shaken and cried during the entire match and later in the locker room. He changed and packed quickly, leaving the building in an agitated state.

Haas later went on to tweet: "Officially retired. No match against [Shelton Benjamin] next week NYC. Time to be a full time dad and husband. I've turned my spandex in for scrubs. Thanks to all the fans throughout the years. I love you all. Stay safe and God bless. WGTT will always be a top Tag Team, forever."

Shore's Slant: Haas appeared to be intoxicated and was heard having words with several people backstage during the final match before intermission, including Delirious and Kelly, which may explain why he took shots at them specifically. The situation was addressed in a post-show meeting with the locker r
from prowrestling.net
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I can def see Haas coming out at NYC and saying that he folled everyone at April Folls. If it's a work then all these Nigel, Kelly and especially Delirous commonts are really unnecessary IMO.
MOOSE!