Gateway to Honor rematch at the Homecoming!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
SM22

Gateway to Honor rematch at the Homecoming!

Post by SM22 »

In Collinsville, IL on November 11th at ROH’s “Gateway To Honor” event (available on DVD), Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly challenged Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin for the ROH World Tag Team Titles. It was a competitive battle, one that pushed Future Shock to their limits, but ultimately it was one that yielded no rewards for Cole & O’Reilly. What it did appear to earn them though was the respect of WGTT as they shook the hands of their challengers in a display of true sportsmanship. That may have been only two months ago, but it may as well be a whole different world given how the landscape has changed…

“Final Battle 2011” brought to light a whole new side of Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team, a violent, chair-wielding side, that seemed as intent on maiming The Briscoes as they were on defending their championships. The end result of the bout not only saw Haas & Benjamin lose their belts, it also forced the hands of ROH officials to fine the pair for their excessive usage of weapons that were illegal under the traditional rules of their title match that night.

“Honestly do you think we care about the fines?” said Charlie Haas, “Shelton and I can afford to pay, no worries there. It sucks that we lost our titles, but in the process I think we let the Briscoes know that we can be just as rough, just as brutal, get just as violent as anyone else. I don’t give a damn if ROH management likes it, if the fans like it, if Cornette likes it, as long as it produces results, then Shelton and I will keep doing whatever we want to do. It’s time for Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team to set the tone and it’s starting at ROH’s Homecoming.”

Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly were equally unsuccessful at “FB ‘11”, albeit with far less controversy, as they fell in the Tag Team Gauntlet to eventual winners, The Young Bucks. Still, they seem to be falling under some scrutiny as the spotlight on Team Richards gets increasingly bright, leaving many to question where Adam Cole stands…

“I’m happy for Kyle.” said Cole, “If the training he gets working with Davey and Tony Kozina makes our team better, than I am all for it. I mean he’s working with the ROH World Champion on a daily basis so it can only make him better, which in turn makes Future Shock better. I for one can’t wait to sit back in Norfolk and watch him and Davey fight the House of Truth in the main event. It’s inspirational really, fueling that burning desire for Future Shock to be in that main event slot together.”

We are in the dawning months of 2012; the playing field is wide open for any team to step up to the challenge and cement themselves as true contenders. For both Future Shock & WGTT that first chance will come on January 20th at “The Homecoming 2012” in Philadelphia when Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin battle Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly in a tag team rematch! The last time out Future Shock gave it their all but came up short, will the intense training of Team Richards sway things Future Shock’s way this time out? This is a bout that could shape the tag team picture for 2012 as WGTT is certainly in line for a rematch after the lengthy 2011 reign, while Cole told ROHWrestling.com that he feels a victory here will catapult Future Shock into that title hunt. Who will celebrate the Homecoming and who will go home unfulfilled? Be there live to find out! Tickets available right here.

---------------------------------------------
Looking foward to seeing this one live. I heard great things about their first match, and I can't wait to see that one too.