SCUM vs ROH ideas

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

SCUM vs ROH ideas

Post by 187_Joeism »

Well since this is a very interesting angle that have the fans talking i think that we can use this thread to share ideas for the feud, matches, angles or whatever
BlackLesnar

Re: SCUM vs ROH ideas

Post by BlackLesnar »

I'm quite partial to the "Tomasso Ciampa kills everyone, the end" idea that's been tossed about.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I've had a few swim around in my head, nothing concrete but I'd like to see a Jimmy Rave versus BJ Whitmer match. Their Glory By Honor II meeting is underrated, or at least I've always felt it has. Corino made mention of how they brought Whitmer back and not Rave, which makes sense because there was a time when Jimmy Rave was considered one of the hottest prospects in pro-wrestling, so a feud or match between these two should gain praise from long time ROH fans and give newer ones a second chance to view a great past rivalry renewed.

With SCUM bringing back a guy like Rave, I think Ring of Honor needs to bring somebody back too. Who epitomizes Ring of Honor more than Colt Cabana?! When people hear his name they practically think Ring of Honor. Hes held championships, hes been involved in some of the biggest feuds, worked with pratically every top name to have stepped through the promotion and it got him on the proverbial map. A Cabana return to defend ROH from SCUM would be instant buzz added to the angle.

Whenever Kevin Steen turns (if he does... okay we all know he will) I'd like to see him to put a lot of blame on Matt Hardy's addition for him being sour on SCUM's new direction. It'd be hilarious if he just verbally bullied Hardy. Another swerve I'd love to see from Steen's turn is if he still holds the ROH World Championship, defend it against the catalyst of the nightmare beginning, Steve Corino. Their meeting at Final Battle 2011 wasn't too bad, and I think It'd be interesting to see Steen and Corino try having an actual wrestling match as opposed to a brawl.

There are others in my head but those are straight off the top of it.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think this angle will be use to elevate wrestlers so i think Elgin, Cole (If he stays), Mondo, C&C and Ciampa should be the ones that defend Honor the most against SCUM.

I see a lot of multiman matches happening but i think Jimmy Jacobs, Rhett Titus and Jimmy Rave should be the ones from SCUM facing ROH best, a few wins would help to get them over pretty quick as treats.

Another match that i think can be awesome to watch is Kevin Steen & Matt Hardy vs Some ROH Tag Team (Briscoes, Wolves or C&C) imagine the dynamic of Steen and Hardy "working" together as a team, this could also help Steen hate for the new direction of SCUM.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Plus whereas Steen is usually supported by fans teaming him with Hardy will at least guarantee heat in his general direction.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

They have Steen taking on nothing but baby faces until May, so the full on heel-turn is down the line, as I see it. In that time, theoretically, one of the other members of SCUM could do something to elevate themselves to main event status. I am psyched to see what Super Domino has in store.

If that's not the case, though, the most intrigueing story, in my opinion, is having Cole and Steen switch places at Border Wars. Cole at the helm of a heel stable would be epic. I picture dark promos by Cole about how he's tearing apart wrestling, with an army of guys in SCUM shirts behind him.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Rave vs. Richards (they have history).

Prince Nana as a face because of Jimmy Rave attacking him, leading to Ciampa snapping and turning face.

I think Cedric should be the "sacrifical lamb", BJ's role in the CZW fued, resulting in a push for Alexander.

Jimmy Jacobs defeating Steen for the world title.

I agree that the fued should mainly involve Cedric, Coleman, Cole, and Elgin.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

From what it looks like, based on Corino's article, we're going to see BJ Whitmer vs. Jimmy Rave at some point. We'll probably get BJ Whitmer vs. Rhett Titus as well, for obvious reasons.

What's somewhat of an issue is that S.C.U.M. (at this point) really can't go for any titles because Steen is their World Champ and the other champs are heels. (They could win but it's have to be a multi-man match where they'd pin the face guy/team).

As far as Steel Cage Warfare (which I still think is likely), it'll be interesting to see which whey they do it, whether it would be the elimination format of the first two or "one fall to a finish once everyone is in" like the third one. It'll be interesting to see whether it's four-on-four or five-on-five. I definitely think regardless we'll see Corino, Jacobs & The Briscoes. If its four I'd say Corino, Jacobs, Rhino & Rave vs. The Briscoes, BJ Whitmer & maybe Jay Lethal? If it's five I'd say Corino, Jacobs, Rhino, Rave & Titus/Compton vs. The Briscoes, BJ Whitmer, and Coleman & Alexander. (I'd put Rhino & Rave on S.C.U.M.'s team based on there experience in these kinds of matches)
canUsaythis

Post by canUsaythis »

SCUM after defeating Jay and Mark decide to Spray Paint or Get a Spike and vandlize the ROH World Title BUT Steen says NO and Steen turns Face and every Month he takes on one member of SCUM and leads to Steve vs Steen at Final Battle

I love the Idea of Cole Turning Heel but also Leathal I think would be a good Heel because no offense ever since ever since him losing to Steen the 1st time he has been showing more Heel thing also talking trash to Nigel who is one of the most beloved people in ROH you are going to get Booed

I say have Jacbos and Rave as your mid carders, Rhett and Cliff as your Tag Team, Matt Hardy and Rhino as the Main Event 'more of a reason to hate him' as Cole/Leathal if any of them goes Heel and Steve as the Manger

I do expect SCUM to have all the Gold by....May for BW
Tim

Post by Tim »

I really don't see them going after the TV title, Matt Taven just turned heel, I really dont see him turning face and fighting off SCUM. And I really dont think hes gonna lose the title anytime soon.

And I think Jimmy Jacobs should be pushed to the main event level. He has been having good matches lately, he does good in fueds, his promos have always been great,and it seems like he and Corino are the leaders of SCUM. I really think he has a chance to become the next ROH champ.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

canUsaythis wrote:I say have Jacbos and Rave as your mid carders, Rhett and Cliff as your Tag Team, Matt Hardy and Rhino as the Main Event 'more of a reason to hate him' as Cole/Leathal if any of them goes Heel and Steve as the Manger
I'd rather have:
Corino as the manager/mouthpiece
Jacobs and Rave as main event players (They've already been there and have proven in the past they can deliver in main events)
Titus and Compton as the tag team
Rhino and Hardy as midcarders and those who keep interfering in matches (in NO way shape or form should Hardy or Rhino be in any singles ROH Main event...NEVER EVER!!!)
and...Adam Cole as the leader of SCUM after winning the belt from Steen and turning on Steen and ROH

Steel Cage Warefare at Final Battle (Yes, this storyline has th epotential to be dragged out until ROH's most important show and still be interesting - also this should be contested under the original Wargames-like rules of the first two Steel Cage Warefare matches):
Team ROH (Steen, Lethal, Whitmer, C & C) vs Team SCUM (Cole, Jacobs, Rave, Hardy, Rhino)
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Rhino is fine in the Main Event

He's more than proved himself multiple times that he is a great fit in ROH and can hang.

The only bad non-TV match he's had was vs Tadarius
oldandyounger

Post by oldandyounger »

The Dragon Saga wrote:With SCUM bringing back a guy like Rave, I think Ring of Honor needs to bring somebody back too. Who epitomizes Ring of Honor more than Colt Cabana?! When people hear his name they practically think Ring of Honor. Hes held championships, hes been involved in some of the biggest feuds, worked with pratically every top name to have stepped through the promotion and it got him on the proverbial map. A Cabana return to defend ROH from SCUM would be instant buzz added to the angle.
That would be sweet.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

oldandyounger wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:With SCUM bringing back a guy like Rave, I think Ring of Honor needs to bring somebody back too. Who epitomizes Ring of Honor more than Colt Cabana?! When people hear his name they practically think Ring of Honor. Hes held championships, hes been involved in some of the biggest feuds, worked with pratically every top name to have stepped through the promotion and it got him on the proverbial map. A Cabana return to defend ROH from SCUM would be instant buzz added to the angle.
That would be sweet.
Agreed. I also think it would be sweet to bring in London&Kendrick for SCoH.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Roddy beats Steen and joins SCUM in the process. Roddy has a quick reign a la Eddie or Roddy himself that is made memorable by ROH (lead by Steen) vs. SCUM. After Steen loses his rematch, he loosely becomes a mentor to Elgin who dethrones Strong. At the next iPPV, Team ROH (lead by Elgin and Steen) kill off SCUM in Steel Cage Warfare.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I think Cabana has to be included in this in some way. Rather than him defending ROH though, I'd be interested to see him join SCUM. That could be the next big reveal when SCUM look to be fading out. Maybe at Border Wars or even Best In The World. It would make sense and really give the angle the legs it needs to see it out until a Final Battle steel cage warfare match that I think we all want to see.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I think for SCUM to maintain their heel heat, Cabana needs to be on ROH's side. I could see him teasing joining SCUM as he returns, but then turning on them immediately.

That may sound like a heelish thing to do, but being goody-goody is what's been costing ROH the war on Steen from the start.
Last Real Man Hype
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I could realy see this angle as a good way for them to bring Eddie Kingston back. They said they wanted to book him more and this could be the perfect oppurtunity. If he came back on SCUMS side it would give them the advantage of having another main event wrestler on their side. Some people may say that Eddie Kingston is only a mid carder but he still main evented a iPPV last year and is damn good in and outside the rings in my opinion. Hope he comes back on either side.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Mr. Orange wrote:I could realy see this angle as a good way for them to bring Eddie Kingston back. They said they wanted to book him more and this could be the perfect oppurtunity. If he came back on SCUMS side it would give them the advantage of having another main event wrestler on their side. Some people may say that Eddie Kingston is only a mid carder but he still main evented a iPPV last year and is damn good in and outside the rings in my opinion. Hope he comes back on either side.
He no showed Chikara's last show and, while I don't think a reason has emerged yet, with Kingston's past history that's not a good sign.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:I think Cabana has to be included in this in some way. Rather than him defending ROH though, I'd be interested to see him join SCUM. That could be the next big reveal when SCUM look to be fading out. Maybe at Border Wars or even Best In The World. It would make sense and really give the angle the legs it needs to see it out until a Final Battle steel cage warfare match that I think we all want to see.
I don't see how this would make sense. Sure, Cabana is reportedly on less than stellar terms with ROH management. However, he's spent years building himself up as such a happy-go-lucky funny goofball and it would be hard to believe such a drastic change in character. Combine that with his past feuds with Corino and it's just too much.
Even when he's intense (Steen/Generico feud or NWA/Pearce feud) he's still obviously the good guy.