New Chicago venue this summer?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
bigz38

New Chicago venue this summer?

Post by bigz38 »

Edit: They must have just pulled the announcement image, but it was there, honest.

According to the Facebook page of 115 Bourbon Street, ROH is coming this summer.

AAW runs their bigger shows there every few months (including one just this past Friday), and Resistance Pro just ran there in January. Here are a few company videos to show what it looks like.

Makes you go hmmm.....
RickyJH

Re: New Chicago venue this summer?

Post by RickyJH »

Ugh, why?
kconstangs

Post by kconstangs »

I went to the AAW show last Friday (which was awesome by the way) and the venue is nice but not nearly as big as the Fontier Fieldhouse and if the crowd from last Saturday showed up there I imagine it would be pretty packed. Sunday crowd on the other hand. Not sure why they are running 115 Bourbon Street
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

I guess ROH was displeased with the attendance for the double shot.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

BTW10 wrote:I guess ROH was displeased with the attendance for the double shot.
Don't see why they would be since the IPPV drew a huge crowd
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

YimYac wrote:
BTW10 wrote:I guess ROH was displeased with the attendance for the double shot.
Don't see why they would be since the IPPV drew a huge crowd
Chicago Ridge has been hit or miss for a while now, both in numbers and reaction. I actually like this move a lot of moving into the city.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

The attendance was really low for the tv taping.

Is this place in Chicago? Or more on the outskirts? I like Chicago Ridge because I don't have to drive into Chicago which is way too busy for my liking.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I know this isn't likely, but maybe they wants to change to a venue with a more unique look.

It's possible, based on how the Milwaukee and Cincinnati venues look really nice, whereas the Frontier Fieldhouse looks rather plain.
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

TYFDK wrote:I know this isn't likely, but maybe they wants to change to a venue with a more unique look.

It's possible, based on how the Milwaukee and Cincinnati venues look really nice, whereas the Frontier Fieldhouse looks rather plain.
This is why I'm pleased with the change in venue.

I like that ROH seems to be more concerned lately with running their shows in nice looking buildings.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

My only question is do they serve alcohol at the new venue? If not then they might as well have more shows at Turner Hall in Milwaukee. Nicer venue and they serve alcohol. Let the Chicago peeps make the 1 1/2 drive down. It'll be worth it.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

ROH Fan 81 wrote:The attendance was really low for the tv taping.

Is this place in Chicago? Or more on the outskirts? I like Chicago Ridge because I don't have to drive into Chicago which is way too busy for my liking.
It's literately on the outskirts. As in, if you cross the street from the building, you are now officially in Chicago.

Yes, there's plently of alcohol, as the concert hall where the show would occur has a full bar. The building itself also features a full restaurant.
RickyJH

Post by RickyJH »

It's not in the city.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

bigz38 wrote:

It's literately on the outskirts. As in, if you cross the street from the building, you are now officially in Chicago.

Yes, there's plently of alcohol, as the concert hall where the show would occur has a full bar. The building itself also features a full restaurant.
Alcohol. Count me in.