Official 11th Anniversary Discussion/Results Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Official 11th Anniversary Discussion/Results Thread

Post by Montana »

This is a pretty stacked card, and probably the most rounded card in a few years. I'm liking the tv title match, the 6 man, the street fight...really not a bad match on the card. It will be interesting to see if Steen can hold off Jay Lethal.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Remaining tickets with just over 4 days left.

GA - 600
Row 3 - 37
Row 4 - 2
Row 5 - 1
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Mike0284 wrote:Remaining tickets with just over 4 days left.

GA - 600
Row 3 - 37
Row 4 - 2
Row 5 - 1
Ugh that's sucks. Hopefully it'll look okay on iPPV.
MOOSE!
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

DieHard wrote:

GA - 600
Row 3 - 37
Row 4 - 2
Row 5 - 1
Ugh that's sucks. Hopefully it'll look okay on iPPV.
Still 4 days and they always sell tickets at the door.
lastchancery

Post by lastchancery »

Rows 1-4 will sell out, and that's a ton of tickets right there. Looks like they're only doing five rows this time; I've seen them do upward of seven or eight. Lately they've been condensing the audiences by shrinking down the size of the building. Comparing "Unity" in April 2012 to "9th Anniversary" in February 2011, and you can see (and hear and feel) the size difference. I want to say the latter show pulled in close to 1500 people, while ROH hasn't seen quite those numbers since then.

General Admission will sell well. Always does. Chicago Ridge is a terrific host and a humongous market that always does fine, if not better than fine, plus this is considered a "triple shot" weekend for many of the guys on the roster. Elgin, Davey, ACH, Silas Young, Truth, they're all going to be at AAW's show the Friday night before, so I'm expecting that to help attendance too.

I wouldn't worry about this. Seriously. It's a Saturday night show in Chicagoland. The lines typically run 200-300 deep outside just waiting for doors to open. Saturday will be fine. I do, however, fear for Sunday's TV taping. Could be a small crowd or it could be a laugher.
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

every match on the card should be at least 3 stars or better
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Hey @RingOfHonor, Sinclair, @RealKevinKelly, whoever.. My point has been proven. @McGuinnessNigel is prejudice towards Matt Hardy. Even though @MattTaven cheated to win the ROH Top Prospect tournament, he was still given an opportunity to wrestle Adam Cole for the ROH TV Title. But Nigel McGuinness refused to give me an opportunity and made me jump thru hoops to get a TV Title match-because I supposed "cheated" to beat the champion. Does this make sense to anyone? NO, IT DOESN'T. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Nigel is prejudice toward #MATTITUDE. It won't stop the inevitable from happening though-I will become the ROH Television Champion Sunday in Chicago, and I will go on to dominate and run Ring of Honor. I come in peace, for the greater good. To everyone associated with ROH, I'm not the cancer.. I'm the cure..

Matt Hardy
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

This definitely is a personal problem I'm sure but I feel very little excitement/hype for this show. Yes, the card is completely stacked but I don't have that 'feeling' Maybe because SCOH is the show everyone is waiting for and this show is so close to that one. Hopefully the show delivers though.
Manga4life

Post by Manga4life »

I'm really pumped up for this card, especially the main event of Steen vs Lethal for the ROH World Championship! I'm also really looking forward to the American Wolves vs The Forever Hooligans, that tag-team bout has the chance to really shine with the top level talent involved and I would love to see more NJPW guys coming over to do events with ROH.

Cole vs Taven for the ROH Television Championship should be a fun one too, there is just lots to like about this card and I'm ready for a fun event tonight! Go Steen and go Cole!
http://www.Twitter.com/manga4life
Championships I recognize/follow
IWGP Heavyweight Championship
ROH World Championship
World Heavyweight Championship (since 2009)
WWE Championship (since 2009)
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Manga4life wrote:I'm really pumped up for this card, especially the main event of Steen vs Lethal for the ROH World Championship! I'm also really looking forward to the American Wolves vs The Forever Hooligans, that tag-team bout has the chance to really shine with the top level talent involved and I would love to see more NJPW guys coming over to do events with ROH.

Cole vs Taven for the ROH Television Championship should be a fun one too, there is just lots to like about this card and I'm ready for a fun event tonight! Go Steen and go Cole!
I actually am extremely excited for all the matches, but Steen/Lethal is actually the match I'm looking forward to the least, I don't why but I can't buy into Lethal and Steen having a grudge match, it feels somehow contrived, but the rest of the card looks really awesome, especially the "dream" tag match and the 2 out of 3 Falls
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
SamoaNOAH

Post by SamoaNOAH »

Is their a discount for ringside members? I've been zoning out on ROH lately, and tonight's the night to get back in.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Man the show tonight is later than usual. Hopefully it won't go over 4 hours.
MOOSE!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

DieHard wrote:Man the show tonight is later than usual. Hopefully it won't go over 4 hours.
Yeah, I realized that last night. I'm not sure I will be watching it live, its bought and paid for so I may just wait until tomorrow and watch it then. I may also have to stay away from here so I wont see results :lol:
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

1:30AM for the UK folk :cry:
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Robert Davis Evans ‏@Oh_Robert_Evans
I may or may not be at @ringofhonor's 11th Anniversary Show. Show up or order it and let me know if I'm there. I'm excited to find out!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Details on all of our coverage tonight: http://rohworld.com/11th-anniversary-tonight/
Rooskie

Post by Rooskie »

I haven't been on the board in the past two weeks, so forgive me if this has already been observed, but Colt Cabana was in Berwyn, IL for AAW and shows no bookings for tonight. Hmmmmmmmmm?
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

Rooskie wrote:I haven't been on the board in the past two weeks, so forgive me if this has already been observed, but Colt Cabana was in Berwyn, IL for AAW and shows no bookings for tonight. Hmmmmmmmmm?

I believe on his AOW podcast he said he was going to be at Dreamwave Wrestling tonight. Don't know if that was cancelled or what. Would love for him to show up though.

Can someone clarify for me the deal with adding the DVD to the iPPV stream? Since I paid shipping for the DVD, do I just wait for the DVD to be released? I heard something about a code, but that seems redundant since I've already paid for shipping.
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

GA - 600
Row 3 - 37
Row 4 - 2
Row 5 - 1

I would be interested to know how many GA tickets they started out with. There are usually 80 tickets in each "row" for most buildings, so looks like they sold about 350 tickets on the floor as of 4 days ago. I guess it all depends on GA. 700-800 would be a decent turnout, not great, but not horrible.

In the other hand, as of 1 minute ago, there were 64 tickets left for SCOH in April, so it will sell out. One would presume that will be the largest gate in ROH history. Good for ROH.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:1:30AM for the UK folk :cry:
2:30 AM in my country ;)