Official Cincinnati Results/Discussion Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official Cincinnati Results/Discussion Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So since the show is just over a week away and we've pretty much got the majority of the card announced, I figured I'd get this going. You know the drill....

Show Yet To Be Named
Cincinnati, Ohio 2/16/13

1.) Six Man Elimination War - Team ROH (Davey Richards, "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & World TV Champion Adam Cole) vs. S.C.U.M. (ROH World Champion Kevin Steen, Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino)
2.) Roderick Strong vs. ACH
3.) BJ Whitmer vs. Kyle O'Reilly
4.) Jay Lethal vs. Tadarius Thomas
5.) ROH World Tag Team Champion Mark Briscoe vs. "Spyder" Nate Webb
6.) ROH World Tag Team Champion Jay Briscoe vs. "God's Gift" QT Marshall
7.) "The Outlaw" Charlie Haas vs. Pepper Parks

-Truth Martini will be host a special in-ring gathering that he calls "HOOPLA", which will be taking place after intermission
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BigTChamp

Re: Official Cincinnati Results/Discussion Thread

Post by BigTChamp »

Don't forget they announced Pepper Parks on last week's newswire, they just forgot to add him to the event page.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Pepper Parks vs Haas I guess
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BigTChamp wrote:Don't forget they announced Pepper Parks on last week's newswire, they just forgot to add him to the event page.
Ah...good point
YimYac wrote:Pepper Parks vs Haas I guess
I'm sure this is what it'll be
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

So, I discovered if you go to the ticket ordering page on the ROH site and try to place some ridiculous number of tickets in your cart, it will give you an error and tell you there are only X number of that item remaining in stock. First and second row have been sold out for awhile, and there are only 1 third row and 3 fourth row seats remaining. 283 GA tickets remain, in a venue that has a total seating of 820 (this includes the reserved seating as the floor is only just big enough for the ring and a few feet of space around it). With a last minute social media push, a hype piece on the show on the next Inside ROH, and whatever walkup business they get, this could be damn close to a sellout.

Compare this to last year's Cincinnati debut, which drew around 400, maybe 450 fans, and the Dayton show a couple months later (harder to get an eyeball estimate in the much larger Hara Arena, but I bought a GA ticket at the door, strolled in and sat down in a large empty stretch in the second row.) This is a positive sign that interest in ROH is on the upswing again, hopefully they can hold onto their top names long enough to sustain the momentum.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'm praying there are walk up tix available on the night of the show. I don't really feel like paying Sticketmaster's stupid service charges, so I'm gonna risk it and buy em when I get there. For once, I'm hoping an ROH show doesn't get sold out before it begins.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Damn that allstar main event has dried up the rest of the card something fierce.

Anyway ADAM WIN WIN
Last edited by BlackLesnar on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

TYFDK wrote:I'm praying there are walk up tix available on the night of the show. I don't really feel like paying Sticketmaster's stupid service charges, so I'm gonna risk it and buy em when I get there. For once, I'm hoping an ROH show doesn't get sold out before it begins.
Ticketmaster? The tickets are sold directly through ROH, I don't recall paying a service fee. You should be alright getting tickets at the door, though. Probably wouldn't hurt to get there early, but I doubt they're going to move 250 more tickets in the next week.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

BigTChamp wrote:
TYFDK wrote:I'm praying there are walk up tix available on the night of the show. I don't really feel like paying Sticketmaster's stupid service charges, so I'm gonna risk it and buy em when I get there. For once, I'm hoping an ROH show doesn't get sold out before it begins.
Ticketmaster? The tickets are sold directly through ROH, I don't recall paying a service fee. You should be alright getting tickets at the door, though. Probably wouldn't hurt to get there early, but I doubt they're going to move 250 more tickets in the next week.
I have no idea why I thought Ticketmaster was who you bought the tix from.

I'll probably get there an hour or so before the show, so I should be good.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

This could be a real good show and I hope they pull out all the stops. Mark Briscoe vs. Nate Webb could be tons of fun.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Really exicted about the Main Event, the match could be fantastic. ACH vs Strong and Whitmer vs O'Reilly both should be very good as well. Saw Webb only twice (ROH vs CZW COD and a random match against Sabin in IWA:MS) and he looked pretty good but I'm not sure if he can still go. Hopefully he'll be decent enough and the match with Mark will be enjoyable. Really don't care about Briscoe vs Marshall, I mean finally Jay is getting singles match and this is what you are giving him? stupid. Letahl vs Thomas can be either good or bad so I don't know what to expect. Overall they could've book better undercard matches but the show looks pretty good.
MOOSE!
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

BlackLesnar wrote:Damn that allstar main event has dried up the rest of the card something fierce.

Anyway ADAM WIN WIN
It doesn't help that there is no Eddie, C&C, or Fish. Add them in anywhere and the undercard would obviously look alot better.
KaceCC

Post by KaceCC »

Teenage Dirtbag better be used.
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

The card looks decent, but it would have helped to give The Briscoes some more interesting opponents.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Nate Webb is great . I look forward to seeing in a ROH ring. QT not so much.
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

Haas vs Parks was just announced via the newswire.

I'll be posting the pick ems tonight.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Show looks solid, ME, BJ vs O´Reilly and ACH vs Strong will make this show
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I think the main event will tear the house down.. the undercard is a question mark. ACH/Strong, Lethal/Thomas and Whitmer/O'Reilly have the potential to be great, but it depends how well they click in the ring and how much they're allowed to do. Martini's in ring segment should be pretty entertaining as well, I wonder if we'll get some kind of impromptu match out of it. Incidentally, it looks like they've moved about 60 more tickets since I last checked a few days ago.. if anyone was getting tickets at the door, it may not hurt to reserve them at the will call, just to be on the safe side.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

No time limit for the main event sounds awesome, this could be an EPIC match if it goes over an hour.
Really looking forward to Strong/ACH and Whitmer/O'Reilly as well, so this souns like another very good house show to me
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'm honesty willing to bet ROH can sell this show out. 220 tix before Saturday? It's entirely possible.

Hopefully that means they'll return sooner than a year again, and hopefully in a bigger venue. Anyone know if there are larger halls in the same building as the Cincy Masonic Center?