ROH should bring in Willie Mack

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
projectf40

ROH should bring in Willie Mack

Post by projectf40 »

The guy reminds me of Samoa Joe in 2003, a big athletic guy who can go all high flier mode out of nowhere. Why on Earth is ROH not throwing money at this man? ROH has already passed over TJ Perkins, Jon Moxley, and Sami Callihan lets not miss another. Mack could come in and feud with the soon to be heel Jay Lethal to start off his ROH career. Hopefully he could beat Jay in a Loser Leaves ROH Match to rid us of that wack ass dude.
DieHard

Re: ROH should bring in Willie Mack

Post by DieHard »

projectf40 wrote:The guy reminds me of Samoa Joe in 2003, a big athletic guy who can go all high flier mode out of nowhere. Why on Earth is ROH not throwing money at this man? ROH has already passed over TJ Perkins, Jon Moxley, and Sami Callihan lets not miss another. Mack could come in and feud with the soon to be heel Jay Lethal to start off his ROH career. Hopefully he could beat Jay in a Loser Leaves ROH Match to rid us of that wack ass dude.
One reason - East Coast.

Mack isn't that good. Joe was much more than big fat flippy guy. I mean, I wouldn't mind him and he'd get over really quick but honestly there's much more guys I would like seeing in ROH than him.
MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Yes please! Maybe at the Supercard, as far as I know he is not booked at WM weekend for any other Indy promotion...
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

If ROH isn't willing to keep West Coast Talents like TJP & The Bucks (at least on a part time basis) what makes you think they'd use Willie Mack?

Now I will say there's a chance they could bring him in if it's a Mid-West Show, or if they ever run the West Coast again, maybe....but it's highly unlikely we'll see Mack in ROH.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

There is a laundry list of people ROH should bring in. Mack is on that list, but not in the top half.
projectf40

Post by projectf40 »

Hawkeye wrote:There is a laundry list of people ROH should bring in. Mack is on that list, but not in the top half.
Who is on this laundry list? That isn't in DGUSA?
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

projectf40 wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:There is a laundry list of people ROH should bring in. Mack is on that list, but not in the top half.
I'd like to know this as well
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

projectf40 wrote:
That arent Gabe Sapolsky guys:

Colt Cabana
Adam Pearce
Jeremy Wyatt
Mark Sterling
Johnny Goodtime
Nearly 20 women.

Admittedly, a good chuck of that list are Sapolsky guys.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Hawkeye wrote:
projectf40 wrote:
That arent Gabe Sapolsky guys:

Colt Cabana
Adam Pearce
Jeremy Wyatt
Mark Sterling
Johnny Goodtime
Nearly 20 women.

Admittedly, a good chuck of that list are Sapolsky guys.
Pearce is retired.

Never heard of Wyatt.

I think Mark Sterling has done matches for ROH.

Goodtime is a Cali guy
MidnightHouseRocker

Post by MidnightHouseRocker »

20 women instead of Willie Mack? Adam Pearce? Give me a fucking break. This idea that there needs to be more women in ROH is INSANE. That is a niche that is being filled by Shimmer, GLOW, and to a lesser degree Chikara. Let ROH do what it does. To pretend that Willie Mack isn't one of the better up and coming talents in the USA is to be in denial. I bet you thought letting the YBs walk was a good idea too.

http://youtu.be/5yEql4doFJU?t=1m49s highlights of him v davey
MidnightHouseRocker

Post by MidnightHouseRocker »

http://youtu.be/B8IcMlK4Lig?t=2m14s highlights of willie v kevin steen

So while you bullshit about your little joshi fantasy, you're basically saying a guy who has wrestled great matches against ROH champions (roddy, davey, steen) shouldn't be in the top 5-10 wants of ROH.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

MidnightHouseRocker wrote:20 women instead of Willie Mack? Adam Pearce? Give me a fucking break. This idea that there needs to be more women in ROH is INSANE. That is a niche that is being filled by Shimmer, GLOW, and to a lesser degree Chikara. Let ROH do what it does. To pretend that Willie Mack isn't one of the better up and coming talents in the USA is to be in denial. I bet you thought letting the YBs walk was a good idea too.
Yes, like 20 women. ROH wants to be the 3rd company in the country, gotta have a womans division. And why not have the best while they are at it.

Never said Pearce had to wrestle.

I clearly said he would be on my list, just not top half.

And yes, the YB leaving is fine by me. IF ROH wanted them, they'd be here. There must be a reason why they arent.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Willie would fit in ROH perfectly.
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

I'm not sold on that one. Mack works well in PWG being that he's the fan that became the wrestler, but I wouldn't buy him in ROH the same. He's a big guy that can work well but I would pick several other indy names before I'd look at him too personally.
PhenomenalTLD

Post by PhenomenalTLD »

I'd rather see "Mr.GMSI" Brian Cage in ROH, personally.
Kevin Steen Scares Me.
Follow the Indy Power Rankings @IndyPowerRankin on Twitter!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Hawkeye wrote:
projectf40 wrote:
Nearly 20 women.
Pass.
Last Real Man Hype
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Mack's amazing. He's not only got the power & the agility to pull off some wonderful stuff in the ring, but brings out a really terrifying intensity on occasion and has a great charisma to him to boot. ROH could benefit greatly from having someone with his personality on the roster. Top indie prospect not tied down to DGUSA, I'd say. Snap him up before that changes.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Mr. Soul

Post by Mr. Soul »

I would like to see Shaun Ricker brought in.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Hawkeye wrote:
MidnightHouseRocker wrote:20 women instead of Willie Mack? Adam Pearce? Give me a fucking break. This idea that there needs to be more women in ROH is INSANE. That is a niche that is being filled by Shimmer, GLOW, and to a lesser degree Chikara. Let ROH do what it does. To pretend that Willie Mack isn't one of the better up and coming talents in the USA is to be in denial. I bet you thought letting the YBs walk was a good idea too.
Yes, like 20 women. ROH wants to be the 3rd company in the country, gotta have a womans division. And why not have the best while they are at it.

Never said Pearce had to wrestle.

I clearly said he would be on my list, just not top half.

And yes, the YB leaving is fine by me. IF ROH wanted them, they'd be here. There must be a reason why they arent.
That makes no sense. Women's wrestling is a niche product. WCW did just fine without any, thus rendering your point completely void.

Then why bring Adam Pearce in? What's he offering?

The reason the Bucks left is because ROH didn't want to fly them in and had "nothing for them". Meanwhile. the Headbangers feuded with the Briscoes....

Anybody agree with this guy? Anyone? Hello? Thought so.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Adam Pearce has a match booked on 3/9 for Metro Pro Wrestling. Also set to do some CNWA shows in May. He's not retired. He has his full upcoming schedule on his FB-page.