11th Anniversary - Briscoes vs. Fish & O'Reilly

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

11th Anniversary - Briscoes vs. Fish & O'Reilly

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tag-ti ... nniversary
After this weekend's episode of "Ring of Honor Wrestling" TV it can OFFICIALLY be stated that on March 2nd at the "11th Anniversary Event", Fish & O'Reilly will challenge Jay & Mark Briscoe for the World Tag Titles!!!

On the episode available here to Ringside Members, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly earned a tag title opportunity with their Gauntlet Match victory over The American Wolves AFTER Eddie & Davey had already defeated both The Bravados & S.C.U.M in back-to-back battles. While The Wolves did defeat two teams back-to-back, they unfortunately fell victim to a post-match beating from Jacobs & Corino that saw Davey get blasted with a roll of quarters and Eddie fall victim to a Cutter from Jimmy.

Still, The Wolves persevered through the beating and nearly captured a victory in their third straight match but due to a combination of the beating and the freshness of their young opponents, Fish & O'Reilly captured the victory and earned their title shot!

"This is what Kyle and I became a team for." said Bobby Fish to ROHWrestling.com in Baltimore, "We earned our shot by beating one of the most lauded tag teams in ROH history; a team that can claim to be former Tag Champions, they are both former World Champions, Eddie is a former TV Champion, Survival of the Fittest winner, and the first Triple Crown champ in ROH history...and we beat them straight up. Whatever happened before we got in the ring is neither here nor there, all that matters is what happened when that last bell rang. Kyle and I will be your next tag team champions and we will do it by beating THE definitive tag team in Ring of Honor at the 11th Anniversary. This isn't bragging, this isn't tough talk, this is the reality of ROH's future."

Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly face Jay & Mark Briscoe with the World Tag Titles on the line! It all goes down in Chicago Ridge at the "11th Anniversary Event" on March 2nd! This event, which emanates from the Frontier Fieldhouse live on iPPV!
So this match has officially been announced. Should be a good one.
187_Joeism

Re: 11th Anniversary - Briscoes vs. Fish & O'Reilly

Post by 187_Joeism »

This should be crazy, really like the push for Red Dragon
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Either it'll be geat, or Amfishin' will only get about 2 minutes of offence.
Last Real Man Hype
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The result should be telling of when Jay Briscoe gets his title shot (assuming he gets one). I say that because I don't think a Jay Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen Title Match will take place at the NYC iPPV because the World Tag Team Titles will probably be on the line on that show. If they lose to Fish & O'Reilly then I'd say it could be at Supercard of Honor
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Although I would like Red Dragon to win, I'd also like to see Dem Boys win and continue their take on all challengers gimmick, that hasn't been shown as much as I would have liked.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

This should be an awesome match! Although I'd really enjoy a Red Dragon run with the belts, I think Dem Boyz should keep the belts for a while to finally start their take-on-all-challengers-from-all-over-the-world storyline. I really hope ROH follows up on that storyline, thus far the Briscoes have only defended against ROH regulars. They have to wrestle some big calliber international opponents at the Supercard IMO...
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer