Ask Ring of Honor thread?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BigTChamp

Ask Ring of Honor thread?

Post by BigTChamp »

So I was thinking, now that Ring of Honor has an official presence on this forum, maybe we could have a permanent thread where us fans could ask questions and discuss things with Ring of Honor management (or whomever is representing them). They'd have to decide which topics they'd want to discuss and in what manner, but I think most of us would like something a bit more candid and in depth than the official press release type stuff they've mostly stuck to so far. What say you?
TEOL

Re: Ask Ring of Honor thread?

Post by TEOL »

I don't beleive it is the real deal only a poser or a single person on it only but I'll ask.

When is ROH getting a UK deal with one of the new upcoming wrestling showing channels of Challenge TV or My Channel anytime soon as I hate watching on a 19" computer monitor not big enough for a wrestling show if the TV was on YouTube on the Thursday editions again different story as I can watch YouTube on the TV so it will be just like a TV Channel?

What are the titles and libraries on the 2 SBG intro themes for ROH TV as well as the Briscoes theme from the HD-Net days?

Will you be coming out with a shop mp3 or m4a zone anytime soon so we can buy ROH made tracks as it's a big market of it's own like.

Adam Pearce - "Prelude to a Bludgeoning" by The Girthtones
Chris Hero - "Chris is Awesome" by Viro the Virus
Colt Cabana - "Copa Cabana [Remix] by Kidd Russell
Colt Cabana - "Boom Boom" by Kidd Russell & Matt Jenkins
El Generico - "¡Olé!" by The Girthtones
Grizzly Redwood - "Chop 'Em Down" by Biz Mighty
Jay Lethal - "A Lethal Dose" by Blue Smock Nancy
Kevin Steen - "Unsettling Differences [Instrumental]" by Blue Smock Nancy
Kevin Steen - "Unsettling Differences" by Blue Smock Nancy
Mike Mondo - "No Fear" by J57
Rhett Titus - "The Thrust is a Must" by Kid Russ & The Girthtones
Sonjay Dutt - "Rock the Fight" by Asoka
Steve Corino - "Redemption" by Blue Smock Nancy
TaDarius Thomas - "Trampoline" by Alan Doyle
The Kings of Wrestling - "K.O.W. (Kings)" by White Indian feat. Cody B. Ware

And the rest that are custom made for the wrestler if you can strike a deal with the people who made those.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

TEOL wrote:I don't beleive it is the real deal only a poser or a single person on it only but I'll ask.
It's not a poser, it's somebody who works for ROH at quite a senior level. But yeah, I think a Q&A type of thing would be kind of cool, not down to us if that happens though.
canUsaythis

Post by canUsaythis »

Here is my question
In 2004 before CM Punk vs Joe 1 Joe was presented with a new ROH Title because he turned the ROH Heavyweight Title into a ROH World Title. After the match Homacide came in and stole the new title. What ever happened to that new title and was it ment to be a replacement title back in 2004?
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

canUsaythis wrote:Here is my question
In 2004 before CM Punk vs Joe 1 Joe was presented with a new ROH Title because he turned the ROH Heavyweight Title into a ROH World Title. After the match Homacide came in and stole the new title. What ever happened to that new title and was it ment to be a replacement title back in 2004?
From what I can gather (as the subject comes up often) it was never supposed to be a replacement title, it was a gift to Joe for what he'd done for the company during his reign.
RingofHonor
Verified
Verified

Post by RingofHonor »

That belt was never meant to be a replacement for the first ROH World Title. A beltmaker at the time presented ROH as a sample of his work, but his work was no match for Reggie Parks.
OneTwoKickOut

Post by OneTwoKickOut »

This is a question I have for ROH and I would really appreciate it if I got a response. I was thinking of getting the ringside member annual subscription soon, but I was wondering if you are possibly going to do a special for it in the near future such as like a free DVD, ippv or shirt. I have seen you do things like that in the past so I'm thinking I should wait until something like that. Could you specify on any cool deals coming up? Thank you!
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Glad to see ROH responding in this thread. I have a question.. are there any plans for the television show to go HD in the foreseeable future? I seem to remember Joe Koff mentioning in a press conference last year that it was something he'd like to see by the end of 2012. The TV product is good and some of the recent production upgrades are a nice touch but I can speak from personal experience that the low resolution video may keep a casual fan from sticking around long enough to see how good the show can be.

If I may sneak a second question in here, what's the current ROH status of Mike Bennett? Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your reply.
canUsaythis

Post by canUsaythis »

D2Kvirus wrote:
From what I can gather (as the subject comes up often) it was never supposed to be a replacement title, it was a gift to Joe for what he'd done for the company during his reign.
Wow cool thank you for telling me to think ROH Would give him that and he still was champ for roughly another 6 months
canUsaythis

Post by canUsaythis »

RingofHonor wrote:
That belt was never meant to be a replacement for the first ROH World Title. A beltmaker at the time presented ROH as a sample of his work, but his work was no match for Reggie Parks.
Thank you so much for telling me it has been bugging me for about 8 years thank you for telling me about that title
canUsaythis

Post by canUsaythis »

Would ROH ever concider doing a ROH Hall Of Fame for something like your 15th Anversuary or 20th Anversuary Show or sooner then that?
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

TEOL wrote: Will you be coming out with a shop mp3 or m4a zone anytime soon so we can buy ROH made tracks as it's a big market of it's own like.

El Generico - "¡Olé!" by The Girthtones
This!

THIS THIS THIS THIS!

PLEA-EA-EASSSSSSSSSE!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Will this Video on demand servide (which is awesome by the way, thanks for listening to our wishes!) possibly be extended for the OOP shows as well in the near future?
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Captain44

Post by Captain44 »

Why was the ROH Message board taken away?
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

Captain44 wrote:Why was the ROH Message board taken away?
Which one, the first or the second?

The first, I believe, was because they couldn't revoke Gabe's admin privileges (or something along those lines)
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

We paid Kevin Steen to hack the old board, shutting it down completely. Allowing us to swoop in and become the best and only ROH forum around*

*May or may not be 100% accurate
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

Any chance we see some NOAH guys appearing on any 2013 events?
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

Blackshirt30 wrote:Any chance we see some NOAH guys appearing on any 2013 events?
Are there any left?
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

The last one that ROH had was just a fantastic day. Every thread Generic Luchador posted in was must read.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

D2Kvirus wrote:
Blackshirt30 wrote:Any chance we see some NOAH guys appearing on any 2013 events?
Are there any left?
I wouldn't say no to a KENTA return. KENTA versus Kevin Steen is a match I hope to see before I die.

Imagine the brutality.