Bizarre Kevin Kelly Commentary

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Marketh.

Re: Bizarre Kevin Kelly Commentary

Post by Marketh. »

"He's called Cheeseburger because one of the members of the ring crew looked at him and said, "You need to put on some size, you should eat some cheeseburgers!"

What did Charlie Haas ever do to piss off Kevin Kelly? Oh wait...
Last Real Man Hype
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

To be fair, I think that's the actual story. The just used the Charlie Haas feud as a way to bring him to the roster.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

I'm still bummed we never got Haas/Cheeseburger.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

TYFDK wrote:To be fair, I think that's the actual story. The just used the Charlie Haas feud as a way to bring him to the roster.
Yeah, but Charlie Haas was never a member of the ring crew.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

jordidebaas wrote:
TYFDK wrote:To be fair, I think that's the actual story. The just used the Charlie Haas feud as a way to bring him to the roster.
Yeah, but Charlie Haas was never a member of the ring crew.
Yeah I know. Kelly's referencing the actual story, not the storyline.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Which is annoying, since he'd rather ignore kayfabe than just simply not say Haas' name.
Last Real Man Hype
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

So on tonight's TV Corino makes a joke about Lawler's heart attack from a few years back. I'm not saying I was offended by it but come on, it's not even topical!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Well, that's just one thing. Everything else they say is pretty topical like Thunderbolt Paterson and the NWA top rope rule.
Last Real Man Hype
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Crash and burn. An accurate description of Corino/Kelly commentary.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Marketh. wrote:"BJ Whitmer enjoys making other people miserable. I knew this 10 years ago, when he was hanging out with Allison Danger. Now, he thinks I won't say what went on 'cause he's a true jerk. He knows what he did."

So did Corino, on a VOD C-level show, just make a fairly big advance of the plot of the BJ feud during a skippable BJ/Romantic Touch match? BJ screwed and dumped Corino's sister?
I figured this was supposed to be referencing that time Whitmer gave her an a wrist-clutch exploder suplex which Gabe used about a year later to set up a mini-feud between Whitmer and Daniels that got interrupted by the CZW stuff.
What an obscure reference to bring up on commentary, especially given Kelly and Corino's usual complete disregard of any pre-SBG history.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

I don't care what anyone says Corino makes me laugh. I think he's hilarious.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

this week Corino said "I'm gonna be the first commentator to have a heart attack on air!"
he even follow this wrestling lark?
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

He's asking for trouble, now that they've got a larger audience who can take offence to this. So's whoever the producer is that's either not noticing it or not editing it out.

Actually, it's both good and bad this hasn't been widely discussed. He's saying these things controversy-free, but probably because not enough people are watching or they're just tuned out from the shitty commentary.
Last Real Man Hype
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

I honestly don't think the commentary is that bad. Corino can be funny enough at times that he's a breath of fresh air from the WWE lads, and TNA's team is just the worst garbage that makes me actually want Don West back. I'm convinced if they stick Nigel in there more often/longer term a lot of commentary problems are solved, he can fill in those gaps of silence when Corino and Kelly are just staring at their desks and reign in some of their blabbering.
Kelly play-by-play, Nigel psychology, Corino just being a mark who's clearly having fun every week would be a good team but just the two is damaging them a bit
Jack

Post by Jack »

IchaelMelgin - I think you have hit the nail on the head there. Was it the recent DBD or from a recent TV show but Nigel was on the commentary as well and he was steering the ship a lot more in the content and also thI e description of the match at hand. now I don't know if a three man would work all the time but for the more important matches that are intended to have impact perhaps that would be best.

I must zone out of commentary a bit these days as I was watching the action in the ring from the ring and my girlfriend was doing something else in the other side of the living room and she commented on something they said - Christopher Daniels during the Adam Cole - O'reily match and I didn't even clock what they were saying. I think that may just be fatigue from the current team/approach.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

lariat_tubman wrote:Okay my favorite Kevin Kelly moment ever was on this week's TV show:

"Moose doesn't want to do this, their friends!" Immediatly followed by Moose beating the holy hell out of Colby Corino with zero remorse.
I hate to quote myself but they did this AGAIN on TV this week. They talked about him and Ferrara being friends backstage, which was immediately followed by Moose just destroying Ferrara by swinging him into the barricades.

They have to get it through their heads that that is a really heel move, one a normal person wouldn't perform on their "friends"!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

"THIS IS THE MOST IMPROMPTU OF TAG TEAM MATCHES!"
Last Real Man Hype
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

"But here in Ring of Honor, you're gonna see Cheeseburger against the likes of Brutal Bob Evans. That's what makes Ring of Honor so great!"

:lol:
Last Real Man Hype
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

wow

just
wow
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

People like to trash them a lot but i think we should be thankful for having Corino/Kelly, they are miles away from any WWE (NXT included), LU or TNA commentary.