Petition for ROH to use ThatWrestlingShow's hype videos

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnthonyD1987

Petition for ROH to use ThatWrestlingShow's hype videos

Post by AnthonyD1987 »

The following comments were posted on the Facebook page for ThatWrestlingShow last night:

"I may return to produce a few packages for ROH's 10th Anniversary, depends on ROH will send me the DVDs I need as they used to, we shall see comrades!"

"I stopped after Best In The World which was released the same day as the buyout was announced. Since then the new owners haven't reached out to continue our relationship."

I personally hope that ROH continues to use his video skills. The hype videos he created for big-time ROH shows and storylines (such as the Steen and Generico feud) really got me pumped for the live events I was going to, or for the iPPVs, which made me WAAAAY more likely to order one. I don't really know how to start a petition, or how to get ROH to notice a groundswell such as this, but I know that this guy has had huge support from the ROH fanbase for his work, and I for one hope he can continue to provide ROH fans with his amazing hype videos.
WrestlingMatters

Re: Petition for ROH to use ThatWrestlingShow's hype videos

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Love his videos!
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

AnthonyD1987 wrote:"I stopped after Best In The World which was released the same day as the buyout was announced. Since then the new owners haven't reached out to continue our relationship."
The buyout was announced well before Best in the World was released.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

His videos were good, but often times lacked that extra professional edge. I remember one had a pretty glaring spelling error at the end. That kind of thing shouldn't be acceptable, in all honesty. When you present a package to a national audience, it's need to be perfect. Proofread everything, because every error makes you look foolish. His response to that criticism was that "He wasn't paid" and "It's a hobby," which is all good and well I suppose.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

He should be making it a priority to reach out to them, not the other way around. I'd love for him to continue, but just waiting for an email from some SBG guy isn't going to do anything. He can't just assume these new guys know everything about old ROH.
Last Real Man Hype
Hammond Eggar

Post by Hammond Eggar »

Signed.
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

His Steen/Generico hype video was the bees knees so this MOFUGGAS signed!
Nikk

Post by Nikk »

Def signed.His videos are awsome
thatwrestlingshow

Post by thatwrestlingshow »

Well hey there guys, nice to know some still care <3<3<3

The deal is that I finished the Best In The World hype video shortly after the buyout was agreed upon. Lagana told me to hold off releasing it until the day after the press conference for whatever reason, then he let me know that he was leaving soon and the writing was on the wall for our little viral marketing "division". Lagana was the guy who brought me into the fold, he was a guy who really valued hype videos and viral marketing since his time in WWE. And although Silkin and the wrestlers really valued them as well, the new owners, much like with the old ROH forum, didn't really see their value.

Its unfortunate, I enjoyed making them and I did try to reach out but I got a resounding "not-interested". Not that it matters, besides Steen there's a whole lot of staleness in ROH these days, their old-school product is not too ripe for edgy hyperstylized videos. Still I appreciate the good people at ROH (Although most of them have departed the company), especially the very kind wrestlers.

If you really want me to make vids again then I guess you could try to appeal to Sinclair to show fans do value them but I'm not sure they'll care. C'est la vie, I'm proud of what I've given to ROH over the years and the Best in the World video was a good one to go out on, I appreciate the fact you guys still even remember them!
thatwrestlingshow

And as far as spelling order complaints, well I mean beggars can't be choosers, most all the videos were made in a weekend to one week range, just like WWE's are, I tried to get them out as soon as possible so such things happen. And yeah, if I'm not getting paid then you really should be happy with what you get, think its a valid excuse.

Its really a shame, I've grown leaps and bounds as an editor in the past year. Occasionally I make promos for WWE feuds I find especially bad and try to make it out like they were actually epic (Kane vs. Cena for example) just so I don't get too rusty at the old wrestling video and they usually turn out pretty cool. I'd really like to work in the biz again, Quakenbush and Lucha Libre USA have emailed me but I just don't feel as if I'm familiar enough with those products.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Signed.

The videos were great and always hyped me the fuck up! (the FB2010 one was epic)

And SBG should value the hype videos because they're a lot of people roaming the internet and these videos can reach them. If the WWE has gotten in the Youtube game then you can better believe it that hype videos are important.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Hype videos on youtube might be an extremely valuable tool to generate hype for and awareness of the product. While I do think their recent Steen/Davey was pretty cool, it's probably only because we haven't had any hype videos whatsoever ever since the Sinclair era started.
I'd sign any petition to make ROH officials aware of the fact how much impact these videos had. Simply awesome contribution that made the Steen/Generico feud even more epic, thanks for that ThatWrestlingShow! I wish ROH officials would realize that and sign you to some sort of a contract, it would vastly improve the product, that's for sure.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
AnthonyD1987

Post by AnthonyD1987 »

I still want TWS back making hype vids. I'm all about it, ROH should be too.
RickyJH

Post by RickyJH »

I for one would love to see you back, Alex. There are very few videos created (both on the Indy level all the way to Stamford) that have the "big fight feel" and you managed to create that more times than not.
thatwrestlingshow

RickyJH wrote:I for one would love to see you back, Alex. There are very few videos created (both on the Indy level all the way to Stamford) that have the "big fight feel" and you managed to create that more times than not.
I appreciate that my friend. I really enjoyed making the videos, I'd love to do it in the future, perhaps I may find my way to WWE or TNA should they be interested. I mean it's really a fun medium, there's endless possibilities, its a dream for an editor.

But I also want to make films, write comedy, I'm going to school very soon (I'm aiming for NYU or UCLA) and I'll be crippled by student loans, I just can't afford to sacrifice my time like I used to, it's burning money. And I definitely won't sacrifice it for a multi-million, publicly traded company. I don't know what to tell ya guys, I really appreciate all of the fans support, it was amazing to be a part of the period of ROH I was but that period's over. ROH is a different company, and hey, if COLT CABANA can't catch a break in the company, at least I'm in good company. But, well my hands are tied, ROH as a company has changed, these are things we must accept.
McBenedict

Post by McBenedict »

syxxpakk wrote:His videos were good, but often times lacked that extra professional edge. I remember one had a pretty glaring spelling error at the end. That kind of thing shouldn't be acceptable, in all honesty. When you present a package to a national audience, it's need to be perfect. Proofread everything, because every error makes you look foolish. His response to that criticism was that "He wasn't paid" and "It's a hobby," which is all good and well I suppose.
Lacked professional edge you say? His work got acknowledged on several different sites(Such as big news sites which brought attention in from outside viewers) and were praised by many including the company itself. Granted on one video he dropped the ball but it's a young man still wet behind the ears. Only place he could go was up from there and he did. His Aries/Black video sold people on a match many weren't looking forward to, his Big Bang video set fire under the asses of the people who weren't caring for it, and Richards/Edwards piece painted the story only a way a artist could. I'd argue they were at times better or equal to the WWE's video department and seeing how they package their stuff for a national audience, I'd consider that a compliment.

Signed especially in this era of ROH. I think he could of done wonders for Richards/Steen.