Briscoes to WWE?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BlackLesnar

Re: Briscoes to WWE?

Post by BlackLesnar »

MuayThai's face right now:
ROHWorld_Harry wrote:Troll is gone
Awwwwww! Why'd you do that? I was just about to ask him what his ranked list of who should get signed was! I wanted to see where he'd put QT Marshal... :(
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Smile

Post by Smile »

If WWE don't sign Sami Callihan, TNA might. TNA will allow fans to vote for the next Gutcheck challenger and his name will be on the ballot.

Voting begins on Saturday. Bobby Fish is also on the ballot.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Hawkeye wrote:The only thing I will be sad about is that Jay never had his run at the top of the card as a singles star. He should have been champ, even if it was for a short amount of time.

PS, Ricky Reyes too? Kinda scraping the bottom on that one.
News sites all last year were making comments on the WwE being interested in Reyes. You'd think he woul be signed by now if so. Or it's just a big inside joke.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope they get signed, they do everything possible on ROH and they deserve to make millions. If they go if obviously a huge lost for ROH but they can always find new tag teams to fill their spot.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

TYFDK wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:The only thing I will be sad about is that Jay never had his run at the top of the card as a singles star. He should have been champ, even if it was for a short amount of time.

News sites all last year were making comments on the WwE being interested in Reyes. You'd think he woul be signed by now if so. Or it's just a big inside joke.
For the life of me I cant figure out why.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Smile wrote:If WWE don't sign Sami Callihan, TNA might. TNA will allow fans to vote for the next Gutcheck challenger and his name will be on the ballot.

Voting begins on Saturday. Bobby Fish is also on the ballot.
This saddens me greatly.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Hope they get signed. Their big paychecks are long overdue. They deserve it.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Smile wrote:Voting begins on Saturday. Bobby Fish is also on the ballot.
Well that isn't happening since he just signed an 18 month contract with ROH.
Smile

Post by Smile »

BTW10 wrote:
See for yourself. This is the poll that TNA will officially be releasing on Saturday. Fans have already started voting however...

http://twtpoll.com/kui524
seth

Post by seth »

I don't get how they are doing this gut check deal. So have they contacted everybody listed on this and made a deal with them to show up if they win? What about Fish with him signing that 18 month deal according to the observer? Did Callihan back out of a WWE tryout just to do this thing? also, Callihan has a contract with DG USA/Evolve. I thought it was reported that DG will only grant releases to people with wwe offers and that contracts do keep talents out of TNA. What's going on here?
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

I'd imagine that they fix the vote and that they've just put in a bunch of Indy names as the rest. They're probably not even aware that Fish is now working in RoH.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

(For them) I hope the Briscoes will get signed by WWE, because they really would deserve it. Also, Mark is all about the "entertainment" as of late anyhow. Furthermore, there is nothing left for the Briscoes - as a team - to achieve here in ROH.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Smile wrote:
BTW10 wrote:
See for yourself. This is the poll that TNA will officially be releasing on Saturday. Fans have already started voting however...

http://twtpoll.com/kui524
Did they announce this anywhere?
Even if they did, it's pretty dumb to include a bunch of names no one's ever heard before, a person signed by DGUSA, a person signed by ROH, and Arda Ocal....who isn't even a wrestler.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

According to the TNA website, the voting isn't starting until Saturday so that list is probably not legit. There is a TNA Gutcheck site that lists previous gutcheck wrestlers under presumably whatever name they gave TNA at the time that includes those in that list. They apparently used to have gutcheck segments at the live shows although whether they used that name back in 2010 I don't know. Tomasso Ciampa did one as well. I'd imagine the list will only have those who have competed on TV.

http://tnagutcheck.com/contestants/gut- ... whitney-2/
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I'd be happy for the Briscoes due to the money in WWE, but realistically if the Briscoes ever made the main roster there they'd be used as a babyface comedy jobber tag team. They'd be the redneck version of the Bushwhackers or the Highlanders.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Hawkeye wrote:
TYFDK wrote:

For the life of me I cant figure out why.
They see Reyes as having the basics down really well and can be a solid, reliable midcarder to help the newer guys once they come in from NXT. More or less a Hunico or Tyson Kidd.

I'm happy for the Briscoes. Clearly the tag division has much more emphasis in WWE now. Briscoes would fit in perfectly, in fact it seems the past few years the Briscoes have made key changes and work much more of a, how to say, WWE style or something similar. They'd do just fine.
Tree

Post by Tree »

Kikuchiyo wrote:According to the TNA website, the voting isn't starting until Saturday so that list is probably not legit. There is a TNA Gutcheck site that lists previous gutcheck wrestlers under presumably whatever name they gave TNA at the time that includes those in that list. They apparently used to have gutcheck segments at the live shows although whether they used that name back in 2010 I don't know. Tomasso Ciampa did one as well. I'd imagine the list will only have those who have competed on TV.

this is GREAT! i'm going to have to check this out more carefully when i'm not at work to see who i recognize.

off the top of my head, we do have former ROH Wrestler Don Juan: http://tnagutcheck.com/contestants/gut- ... alenzuela/...somewhere on youtube there's a pretty funny video of me interviewing "him" for my old company, and he won't stop flirting with me.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

Tree wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:According to the TNA website, the voting isn't starting until Saturday so that list is probably not legit. There is a TNA Gutcheck site that lists previous gutcheck wrestlers under presumably whatever name they gave TNA at the time that includes those in that list. They apparently used to have gutcheck segments at the live shows although whether they used that name back in 2010 I don't know. Tomasso Ciampa did one as well. I'd imagine the list will only have those who have competed on TV.

this is GREAT! i'm going to have to check this out more carefully when i'm not at work to see who i recognize.

off the top of my head, we do have former ROH Wrestler Don Juan: http://tnagutcheck.com/contestants/gut- ... alenzuela/...somewhere on youtube there's a pretty funny video of me interviewing "him" for my old company, and he won't stop flirting with me.
Is that Don Juan? Looks like Fast Eddie chose his wrestling gear.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If they end up leaving i think C&C or RedDragon should be the next tag team champions
Tree

Post by Tree »

Kikuchiyo wrote:
Tree wrote:

Is that Don Juan? Looks like Fast Eddie chose his wrestling gear.
yep. that's Don Juan. the storyline was:

"Joe Reinagel said that he had gained information that could destroy Don Juan. The secret would be revealed if Don Juan lost to Joey Spector in a Secret vs. Hair Match. Spector won, and Reinagel revealed Don Juan's true personality which was...

"El Mamacito" Ann Dromeda!"

i am not making this up. and this was like 3 or 4 years ago, and he's kept the gimmick.