NYC TV Taping

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Orange

NYC TV Taping

Post by Mr. Orange »

I just did the early bird special for the two newest TV tapings and in the first match they ran through ROH on tour and on the bottom of the screen it said April 5th iPPV taping and April 6th TV Taping. Looks lik TV is coming to NYC Wrestlemania weekend.
BigTChamp

Re: NYC TV Taping

Post by BigTChamp »

A month of TV from the Hammerstein, with a Wrestlemania weekend crowd, could be pretty epic. Even with it being 'Mania weekend and all, with everything else going on that day I imagine they'll do GA tickets pretty cheap like they've been doing for the Chicago and Toronto post-PPV tapings.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

UGH it'll be awful. The crowd won't give a shit about angles and short TV matches.
MOOSE!
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

DieHard wrote:UGH it'll be awful. The crowd won't give a shit about angles and short TV matches.
Obviously you dont watch the TV show
Thomas Bobo

Another Mania Weekend Show

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Ring of Honor will be running the Grand Ballroom of the Manhattan Center on Saturday 4/6 at 2 PM.
The promotion is running Friday 4/5 downstairs of the same facility in the Hammerstein Ballroom with their Supercard of Honor iPPV. That event is nearly sold out as only general admission tickets remain.

The Saturday matinee will be a ROH on Sinclair TV Taping. An official announcement is forthcoming, but we are told tickets will officially go on sale today at www.ROHWrestling.com.

So, add ANOTHER event to Wrestlemania weekend!

credit: PWInsider
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Another Mania Weekend Show

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Nice to see ROH returning to the other Ballroom in the Manhattan Center. I like the idea of ROH holding a double-shot in the same building but in 2 Different "venues". Having the WM crowd added to the usually rowdy NYC crowd should make for a lively audience
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I do watch the show... what's your point?

Just saw they're going to do this in smaller venue. Well I could be positive if I didn't watched FB 2010 a month ago. In atmosphere terms this is going to be horrendous.
MOOSE!
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

DieHard wrote:I do watch the show... what's your point?

Just saw they're going to do this in smaller venue. Well I could be positive if I didn't watched FB 2010 a month ago. In atmosphere terms this is going to be horrendous.
How is it going to be horrendous
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Yeah I'm not seeing how this is gonna be bad. Unless Hardy is there. Should be fine.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

I'll be attending SHIMMER and CHIKARA, but as always, with 60,000+ fans in the area, there's plently for everyone to do.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

It's nice to see ROH return to the Grand Ballroom. I always thought they should do a double shot in NYC using the two Manhattan Center venues, and WrestleMania weekend is a great chance to take advantage of that. With the NYC Crowd and the WrestleMania Crowd mixed together, it should make for a lively TV Tapings.

This is also a good change for ROH to maybe use any outside talent on the TV Tapings (if they plan to bring in any for the iPPV).
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Hope the NY crowd doesn't shit on the shows
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

yeah i was planning to go to SHIMMER also since they never run anywhere but Illinois,not sure what im gonna do now.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

dark patriot wrote:yeah i was planning to go to SHIMMER also since they never run anywhere but Illinois,not sure what im gonna do now.
SHIMMER live is an awesome experience. I cant recommend going to that show enough.
MLS

Post by MLS »

My Mania weekend got even bigger with this announcement!

For those who've been to ROH TV tapings before, how does the experience compare to an iPPV? How long does the whole show go for? Are there breaks between each episode?
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Maaaan, it's a shame that it's only a TV Taping in the Grand Ballroom because that's my favorite venue ever.
knickzmetzgiantz

Post by knickzmetzgiantz »

Anyone know how much GA tickets are going to cost for the taping?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

knickzmetzgiantz wrote:Anyone know how much GA tickets are going to cost for the taping?
$15 now, going up to $20 after January 31.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I'm going. Front row!

So Friday it's ROH, Saturday I'm going to this and the HOF, and Sunday I'm going to wrestleexpo in the morning and wrestlemania at night. Talk about a busy, but fun weekend :D