ROH World Title - Kevin Steen vs. Tadarius Thomas

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BTW10

Re: ROH World Title - Kevin Steen vs. Tadarius Thomas

Post by BTW10 »

Burnside wrote:
BTW10 wrote:Someone explain to me how this dude gets a title shot before Adam Cole.
Because Cole doesn't need to be randomly jobbing to Steen while in the middle of feuding with Matt Hardy.
Never said he should get the match NOW, but how hasn't he gotten a shot in the seven months Steen's been champ? Mike Bennett and this guy have gotten shots before their mid-card champ. How does that make sense?
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

I'm sure this will be better than Steen vs. Bennett, at the very least.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Who next Grizzly Redwood?
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Lone Wolf wrote:Who next Grizzly Redwood?
Or even worse...
Spoiler: show
QT Marshall
Last Real Man Hype
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

I really haven't "bought in" to Thomas yet. I don't care for the Capoeira stuff. There's a big margin for error with those types of kicks (see the match with Rhino), and to me it comes off looking more like a dance than a match. However, maybe he can show a little more range when put in a higher profile role and he'll surprise some people. Someone must be high on him to put him in this position.
Tim

Post by Tim »

this reminds me of Steen vs Brian Cage in PWG. No one expected Cage to win, but it really put him on the map. This reminds me of old school ROH... not saying they had this exact scenario or anything, but they are giving new talent a chance really make a name for himself. I personally love this.
burrhead

Post by burrhead »

I like this myself.Granted it came as a surprise for a house show maybe instead of this weekends tv taping but it wasn't long ago people were complaining that the same people(Davey,Eddie,Roddy)were in the main events.Now at least it's something different.

I personally am not a fan of Steen and I know that puts me in the minority.I was disappointed Generico didn't get the win at FB because of the fact that,to me at least,it had me wondering who was Steen supposed to work a program with now?Storyline says Davey and Lethal can't challenge for the title as long as Steen is champ(which I find a little stupid to have the same stip for two different challengers but that's just me).And guys like Davey and even Elgin have different programs going anyway.

Generico winning the belt would've served two purposes.Made storyline sense that Steens biggest rival would be the one who "saved" ROH and ended his reign as well as some fresh main event title matches.Of course at some point the storyline with Lethal will somehow end up with him getting a shot anyway and hopefully the title and still get some fresh match-ups in the top spot vs.Eddie,Elgin,Cole,etc.

During that time,matches with someone like TT gives us fresh matches,buys time for the storyline with Lethal to play out,and possibly,depending on how well TT does,maybe another new star that breaks out.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

I'm all for fresh matches but this makes Zero Sense hell I think even the most hardcore ROH fans would have a hard time naming 3 of his best moves
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

donkitrk99 wrote:I'm sure this will be better than Steen vs. Bennett, at the very least.
Bennett is better than Tadarius Thomas. Has Thomas even had a good match yet in ROH? His offense is crap.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I know it didn't happen in ROH, but did Danielson vs. Kamala make sense?
Tadarius has impressed officials, and they think he and Steen can have a good match, So they made this one.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

You guys gotta give Tadarius a chance. I mean the matches with Rhino (more of a segment) and QT Marshall (need I say more?) aside, his other matches have all been good. Nothing great, but good. He has potential. This match with Steen could be his chance to break out.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

People here always complain that ROH isn´t the same anymore and that the old ROH is gone but the old ROH was all about this, bring new talent and giving it the chance to prove that they belong so i can´t believe anyone is complaining about this, even more thinking that is happening in a house show in Thomas hometown.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

I'm all for giving chances, but throwing this guy into a World Title match is absolutely ridiculous. Plus, he already has a chance in the Top Prospect tourney so if they really wanted to give Thomas a title shot, let him win in the finals. I disagree too with the whole "hometown" scenario because he's not even the slightest bit over and even when they announce where he's from, Steen will still be cheered massively in the match no matter what. I can already see someone bringing up Lethal getting a shot in Rahway, but that's completely different since 1) Lethal has established himself in ROH and 2) He was a bigger threat to Steen than Thomas is now.

If the guy has a great match with Steen, great. I'm hoping that happens. But I cannot take ROH seriously when they say that the ROH Title is the most prestigious in all of pro wrestling when they're giving TD a shot. Just my opinion.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

BTW10 wrote:
If the guy has a great match with Steen, great. I'm hoping that happens. But I cannot take ROH seriously when they say that the ROH Title is the most prestigious in all of pro wrestling when they're giving TD a shot. Just my opinion.
Yeah ROH has never given a midcarder a world title shot out of the blue :roll:
I can name some instances
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

YimYac wrote:Yeah ROH has never given a midcarder a world title shot out of the blue :roll:
Did I ever say they haven't? I just gave my reasons why I don't like it.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

BTW10 wrote:
YimYac wrote:Yeah ROH has never given a midcarder a world title shot out of the blue :roll:
Did I ever say they haven't? I just gave my reasons why I don't like it.
But you said you can't take the ROH title seriously when they give a midcarder like TD a shot but they've literally done that for years on years
SeanWrestling

Post by SeanWrestling »

Still waiting for Jay Briscoe to get a shot. I think a big show like the 11th Anniversary Show or Supercard of Honor VII would be perfect for that.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

I thought this was spoiler of Top Prospect Tournament 2012.
No Remorse

Post by No Remorse »

187_Joeism wrote:I like this kind of booking, now is up to Thomas to swin or sink, let´s see what happens.
What makes one think he can swim?
Montana

Post by Montana »

i havent followed the roh tv show that much lately, but isnt TT a jobber, and not a midcard?

my biggest problem is that roh has hyped these shows as must see/
worth the drive in december and announce poor matches, other than the main event. not excited about cole vs jacobs, lethal vs corino, elgin vs rhino, and now steen vs TT? damn.