Thank you

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
YimYac

Re: Thank you

Post by YimYac »

Jeremy wrote:
supersonic wrote:
YimYac wrote:It is a bit ironic that Steen is calling someone else lazy.
LULZ

Where Steen lacks in physique training (he should definitely work on cutting weight for his own long-term benefit), he does something that this QT Marshall fellow doesn't - busts his ass to have legitimately entertaining and very good to great matches as often as possible. When's the last time Marshall pulled off MULTIPLE genuinely good, engaging matches in the same night?

Your anti-smark schtick is quite transparent by now buddy.

There's defending and then there's YimYac dissing Steen over weight of all things to try to make Marshall seem credible by comparison in some warped way.
How did I do that exactly?

I just think it's ironic that a guy who won't go to the gym called someone else lazy.

I'm probably one of the biggest Steen fans here but the reality is, is that he is overweight and I'd rather have Steen for years to come then have him retire due to bad knees. Stop making strawman arguments.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

QT Marshall had only 3 single matches and of them was 2 minutes, lol.
MOOSE!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

DieHard wrote:QT Marshall had only 3 single matches and of them was 2 minutes, lol.
They should all be 5 Stars or he is worthless! :evil:
LigerSword

Post by LigerSword »

DieHard wrote:QT Marshall had only 3 single matches and of them was 2 minutes, lol.
Exactly. Would it kill people to wait and see what he has to offer before crucifying him?
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

LigerSword wrote:
Exactly. Would it kill people to wait and see what he has to offer before crucifying him?
THANK YOU

Thats been the point I've tried to make for the past 3-ish days.

With that I bit you all adieu
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

His match with Mike Mondo from Charlotte was terrifyingly bad in the worst way. There wasn't one redeeming entertaining quality about the match.

That wasn't the first non-squash match i've seen him in. I'm not shallow enough to sit here and form an opinion from one or two performances in a single company.
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

Christ, if your're God's Gift to Wrestling, I'm going somewhere else on Sundays.
Tree

Post by Tree »

BTW10 wrote:
QT Marshall wrote:There really isn't an argument. I'm sorry that my grammar isn't up to ur standards,, believe it or not,, this is actually kind of fun for me...you see while wrestling in Florida n Puerto Rico, we don't really have too many smart marks. So I kinda like listening to people who think that they know everything about pro wrestling!
Just the fact that you keep responding to my trolling & are even posting on a message board for the fans who share their opinions to begin with should speak volumes.
yes it should.

in the earlier days of ROH, Roderick Strong, Alex Shelley, and numerous other guys routinely popped up in chat rooms and so forth. they've done ok for themselves.
Tree

Post by Tree »

supersonic wrote:Marshall strikes me as one of the dime-a-dozen carnies that takes advantage of marks, asking them to pay for shit and give him free rides.
you strike me as one of those marks you're referring to. seriously.
Rooskie

Post by Rooskie »

My mind's not closed on QT Marshall, but you have 2 strikes in my book. 1) I was front row in Charlotte where his match with Mike Mondo was so abysmal it was hypnotic. 2) His manager is a superior worker. [cornette]
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Tree wrote:
supersonic wrote:Marshall strikes me as one of the dime-a-dozen carnies that takes advantage of marks, asking them to pay for shit and give him free rides.
you strike me as one of those marks you're referring to. seriously.
I really don't give a fuck about your opinions of me. Be entitled to your opinions though.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

LigerSword wrote:
He's been on the roster for quite a few shows and had several poor to terrible matches. Page, Taven, Young and ACH have all looked far better this year with much less time. Noone wants him crucified, they just don't want to see him wrestle.
No Remorse

Post by No Remorse »

LigerSword wrote:
Perhaps they have seen him many times before, in other promotions like I have.
Zach

Post by Zach »

give it time QT will show how he's a true heel. Ive been watching him in TRP for years and hate him ever since I first seen him
LigerSword

Post by LigerSword »

No Remorse wrote:
LigerSword wrote:
Perhaps they have seen him many times before, in other promotions like I have.
Fair point. I personally haven't see anything of him past his few ROH matches. I can only speak for myself.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

He would've got a much greater bollocking off the old board. What are there, like, 20 regulars here?
Last Real Man Hype
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

ninetwentyfour wrote:His match with Mike Mondo from Charlotte was terrifyingly bad in the worst way. There wasn't one redeeming entertaining quality about the match. .
Eh? I just watched it. It wasn't terrifyingly bad by any means. Compared to Mondo vs. Samson at Rise and Prove, which was a 'big guy against Mondo' match, that one was truly bad and painful to watch. That being said, Mondo/Marshall was very much a bland match, with Mondo looking the better of the pair. After I watched it I couldn't remember a thing about it. It was very much 'just there' and I do want better than that. Now CC+ vs. The Bravados, that was a match.

QT's match against Page at the TV tapings was decent enough, though again Page looked the better in the match. I honestly found early Bennett worse than QT now. I'll give him a while to show what he has, but thus far there's nothing that's been inspiring. Nothing that makes me want to scream 'get him off the air' either.