ROH World Television Championship

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dougiefresh605

ROH World Television Championship

Post by dougiefresh605 »

The ROH Television Championship was discussed by officials and it has been determined that the title will only be defended on television and iPPV. This has been the unwritten rule for sometime but officials have now confirmed this regulation with proper documentation. Do not expect the TV title to be defended at live events taped exclusively for DVD. With that said, ROH officials are looking at signing Roderick Strong to a ROH TV title match soon. Strong survived the Proving Ground at “Glory by Honor X” when he battled Jay Lethal to a time limit draw.

What do you guys think about the TV title not being defended at house shows anymore?
Rudas_Iskariot

Re: ROH World Television Championship

Post by Rudas_Iskariot »

its one step closer to having no titles defended at house shows :(
dougiefresh605

Post by dougiefresh605 »

That's what I was thinking too. I mean there's usually only an iPPV once every 3 months and TV tapings occur every 1-2 months. So that belt will get defended less and less. It seems like ROH is afraid to defend their titles as often as they used to.
davew00d

Post by davew00d »

I wrote this, in August: http://rohworld.com/news/123.html.

To answer your question, I don't think the TV title should be defended anywhere but on TV.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I think this is good. The big companies should have done this too. I mean it is called the TV TITLE so it makes sense for it to only be defended on tv.
Jimthy

Post by Jimthy »

Totally agreed Anthony. It's the TV TITLE, no need to jump to conclusions that because the TV TITLE isn't being defended on a house show that the World Title and Tag Titles won't be defended on house shows/DVD Tapings. I mean, WWE has title defenses on their house shows. And since it seems that house shows (meaning non televised events) will likely still be taped for DVD release, title matches are going to be a selling point for those, so it's not a big deal. I am absolutely in favor of this development.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

It makes perfect sense to me. I think Proving Ground matches need to happen at most house shows for a future Television Title match. That way it builds for the future and gives the match some importance to the fans in attendance.

Also, does anyone else think Strong is going to win the TV Title or is it just going to be a token title defense for Lethal? I have a feeling Strong is going to take the title and Elgin is going to break away from him and the House of Truth and eventually win the title from him.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I hope not. We need a good lengthy reign after the hot potato series between Daniels and Generico.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Strong as a Triple Crown Champion so soon after Eddie would be terribly undeserving. Strong's been terrible since 2009.
Last Real Man Hype
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Marketh. wrote:Strong's been terrible since 2009.
Do you really think that? I could understand that he's been quite repitive, but he's had some of his best matches over the past 2 years.

- vs Davey FB
- vs Davey HTCS
- vs Eddie MM4
- vs Eddie DBD IX

Just to name a few.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

if thats the case then the tv champ should defend the title a couple times on each tv taping IMO.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Marketh. wrote:Strong as a Triple Crown Champion so soon after Eddie would be terribly undeserving. Strong's been terrible since 2009.
No.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

BalzOfHonor wrote:
Marketh. wrote:Strong as a Triple Crown Champion so soon after Eddie would be terribly undeserving. Strong's been terrible since 2009.
No.
Well, in that case, I take it all back and suggest Strong defeat Davey for the world title ASAP.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

Marketh. wrote:
BalzOfHonor wrote:
No.
Well, in that case, I take it all back and suggest Strong defeat Davey for the world title ASAP.
I wouldn't complain one bit about that.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

I think you're in the minority there Marketh.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
Actually I think I'll change it to 2010. He wasn't terrible in 2009, but he was still on the way downhill. He's still not deserving of being a champion right now, let alone Triple Crown Champion.
Last Real Man Hype
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Marketh. wrote:
WrestlingMatters wrote:
Actually I think I'll change it to 2010. He wasn't terrible in 2009, but he was still on the way downhill. He's still not deserving of being a champion right now, let alone Triple Crown Champion.
He's definitely stale, I don't think he should be winning any singles gold any time soon. Back in the day every time he had a rare opportunity in the main event it was usually a great match. In the last couple of years he's been in that spot time and time again and not delivered those type of performances but I've still enjoyed some of his stuff. I would only use the word terrible to describe World's Worst Tag Team.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

In my opinion,Roddy's character has developed a lot since the start of the TV show. I love his cocky routine a lot more than his old schtick. You know you'll always get a good match out of him too. While I wouldn't consider him for titles soon, he's definitely still one of the best in the company.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

I don't mind it one bit seeing as it is a TV title after all. Why should it be defended at a live event/house show? Makes the word TV meaningless in IMO... #justsayin'
cviens

Post by cviens »

Yeah, I've always thought the Television Championship should be defended on television. I mean, the name speaks for itself. Proving ground matches can be done on live events to set up contenders for TV. This is how it should be IMO.