Why are people picking El Generico to win the title?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Why are people picking El Generico to win the title?

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

On the Final Battle Pick ems thread a lot of people have Generico winning. The only reason I can think of because it ends the last show of the year on a high note, but he isn't a permanent member of the roster and he is a regular for Evolve and DGUSA. Also he isn't scheduled for any shows beyond Final Battle.

So for the people who picked Generico, out of curiousity I ask why?
Lexicon

Re: Why are people picking El Generico to win the title?

Post by Lexicon »

The only reason I'd pick Generico to win the title is if Lethal were to "cash in" his Survival of the Fittest and beat Generico for it right after the match. That way they'd still protect the Steen/Lethal match up. Obviously, there are several things that could go wrong with this situation, including the crowd completely shitting on it, but they are making a big deal out of the Lethal situation. Could all be a smoke screen, I suppose.
Host of The Ringside Report. Lex and Lee discuss Ring of Honor LIVE every Friday night @ 9pm EST on TWRNetwork.com
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Cause it makes sense booking wise? It's the best way to get the belt off of Steen. I think Delirious is more open to working with Generico even while he isn't under contract and he knows it's what the fans want to see.
RickyJH

Post by RickyJH »

I'll be honest, I can't see Steen losing to Generico.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Wouldn't it make much more sense to have Lethal "cash in" on his arch rival - and heel - Kevin Steen than against the loveable fan favorite El Generico.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

DanielBryanson wrote:Wouldn't it make much more sense to have Lethal "cash in" on his arch rival - and heel - Kevin Steen than against the loveable fan favorite El Generico.
For now, Lethal can't challenge for the title while Steen is champ
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Because it makes sense and would be a special moment.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

SteenMark23 wrote:Because it makes sense and would be a special moment.
This, I can see him winning. I don't know why ROH should care so much about their champion at DGUSA because let's be honest - they're not a real competition for ROH right now.
MOOSE!
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
DanielBryanson wrote:Wouldn't it make much more sense to have Lethal "cash in" on his arch rival - and heel - Kevin Steen than against the loveable fan favorite El Generico.
For now, Lethal can't challenge for the title while Steen is champ
Forgot about that. You're right.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

What's all this talk about cashing in his SOTF win? It's not the Money in the Bank briefcase, he can't cash it in whenever he wants.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

WrestlingMatters wrote:What's all this talk about cashing in his SOTF win? It's not the Money in the Bank briefcase, he can't cash it in whenever he wants.
Yeah. This is a thing
bringrohtomontreal

Post by bringrohtomontreal »

I've read reports WWE is very interested in signing Generico.So, if that is the case,I think he might win then loose to Lethal as a send off for him to have had the title as a respect thing for all he's done for the company.Or,even if he looses,this is more than likely going to be his last match ever in ROH.Glad I've got my ticket in advance,I've loved this guy since his IWS days (being from Montreal)
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

I recall a certain Glory By Honor when a challenger, who wasn't a regular with the company, and wasn't announced as signed on to any future shows, came back into ROH and won the title.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think is more a wish than a reality, we all know that is very difficult that Generico can win the title but this is wrestling an anything can happen is the best way to explain it i think.

The thing of him not being announce to future shows mean nothing because they can add him after Final Battle.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

2 Reasons

1. It's just pick ems why choose the same pick as everybody else? It's all just for fun

2. I legit see Generico having a shot at taking the title off of Steen. And Lethal attacking Generico after the match setting up a title match at the next IPPV 11th Anniversary? Lethal is going to become the NEW Heel in ROH let's face it he is not as over with the fans as Steen is and Steen is supposed to be the main villian in ROH. So why not reverse the roles end the feud with Generico/Steen with a hug/handsake. Have Lethal come out take Steen and Generico both out and turn heel. Give Steen time off(As rumored) and make Lethal the champion. Have Steen come back as the face and chase the belt

Generico might not have a contract, but i think he has more credibility with the company then Kenny King did. I feel Delirious could and can trust Generico with the title even if it's just for a Transition period. Whats so wrong with that idea and it sends every ROH fan home happy because so many of us have wanted Generico to win the belt for a long ass time now.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

DieHard wrote:
SteenMark23 wrote:Because it makes sense and would be a special moment.
This, I can see him winning. I don't know why ROH should care so much about their champion at DGUSA because let's be honest - they're not a real competition for ROH right now.
Shhhh don't tell Gabe that. Gabe reads these forums, I'd watch your back.
Rooskie

Post by Rooskie »

I'll mark out if it happens, but I will be STUNNED if they put Generico over Steen even if it's to switch the title to Lethal. Steen is holding the gold until the 11th anniversary show, imho.
abekoby

Post by abekoby »

Yeah, I'd love to see Generico win, but I just can't see them putting the title on a guy who hasn't been on the roster for the last six months. Even if Delirious wants it, I have a hard time seeing SBG being cool with it.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

So a lot of you guys think that the lesson ROH learned from putting their tag belt on Kenny King is "putting titles on guys who are not under contract is a good idea".

El Generico is back for one night, to job to Kevin Steen.