WWE looking to acquire El Generico?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
thatwrestlingshow

Re: WWE looking to acquire El Generico?

Post by thatwrestlingshow »

Punk has a great look for the WWE? I feel like confetti and balloons should drop, that's the first time anybody's said that. Punk wasn't even allowed to wear pants for the majority of his time with WWE because they felt it made him look like an average joe. And Bryan Danielson being the best in the world didn't automatically qualify him to be signed, I mean he was the best in the world for at least 5 years before that. And look at all the great wrestlers from Japan that haen't gotten a second look from WWE
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

thatwrestlingshow wrote:Punk has a great look for the WWE? I feel like confetti and balloons should drop, that's the first time anybody's said that. Punk wasn't even allowed to wear pants for the majority of his time with WWE because they felt it made him look like an average joe. And Bryan Danielson being the best in the world didn't automatically qualify him to be signed, I mean he was the best in the world for at least 5 years before that. And look at all the great wrestlers from Japan that haen't gotten a second look from WWE
I can't be the first person to have said that. If you look at Punk next to the other Juniors, or guys who were once juniors, that the WWE has went with, Hart, Michaels, Hardy, Punk has an absolute superstar look. We're off the point here, though; my point was if the WWE told The Briscoes they weren't visually appealing enough, El Generico is a far way from a television look.
thatwrestlingshow

Post by thatwrestlingshow »

You recognize that Hart, Micheals and Hardy were all the obvious exception to the rule? That's why there's three of them compared to EVERYOTHER MAINEVENTER. Also, Hardy didn't have a long or successful stint as a bonafide main eventer and business was at its worst during the reigns of Hart and Micheals so they aren't great examples of the marketability of Punk's look.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

I didn't say anything about what kind of business the WWE/F did, TWS, all I said was that if you look at the juniors they've gone in the past, Punk has an absolute superstar look. Go right now to Google Images and type in CM Punk and you'll see the characteristics that have always made a star for Conneticut: He's ripped with an original look that pulls you in. He looks like you could have legitamatly been pulled from the pages of a comic book.

But, as I said, this wasn't my point. El Generico is my favorite wrestler in the world, but he looks like I would if I shaved my chest, put on a mask and got into a wrestling ring tonight.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

Talk about night and day - there's yet another round of reports that WWE are looking to bring in Ricky Reyes. Let's compare the two, shall we?
Generico: Over with the crowd, Has great matches, In demand across the indies, Several memorable feuds
Reyes: None Of The Above
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Ricky Reyes is at least in great shape.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

D2Kvirus wrote:Talk about night and day - there's yet another round of reports that WWE are looking to bring in Ricky Reyes. Let's compare the two, shall we?
Generico: Over with the crowd, Has great matches, In demand across the indies, Several memorable feuds
Reyes: None Of The Above
Isn't the Ricky Reyes rumor kinda old?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

YimYac wrote:Ricky Reyes is at least in great shape.
Also, the fact that (apparently) both Triple H & William Regal are high on him is at least good for Reyes.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Sooo from PWPonderings' Twitter
Word has it @ElGenerico has signed with WWE. If we get any other details we will share.
We'll see if this is true soo enough.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

http://www.pwponderings.com/?p=21950
We’re breaking news here. We have been told by several sources that El Generico has been signed to the WWE.
pwponderings is saying he has signed.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:http://www.pwponderings.com/?p=21950
We’re breaking news here. We have been told by several sources that El Generico has been signed to the WWE.
pwponderings is saying he has signed.
Good for him, but I'm a bit doubtful he'll go over there. I'd like to be wrong for his sake since he's great and I love watching him, but my gut instinct is he'll fit in the way Cabana did during his brief run
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

This is awesome Generico could be one of the top faces in WWE
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Ladrao12 wrote:Yeah, I gotta agree with WrestlingMatters. WWE titles mean nothing anymore, doesn't matter whose holding it.
I disagree. Punks title reign means a lot, and many of the smaller titles were given purpose too.
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
BTW10 wrote: Black, Claudio, Hero all got the WWE type look, which Generico is far, far away. It's not that I'm being generally sceptical when ROH guys join WWE, cause guys like Claudio and Black have WWE superstar written all over them? But Generico, totally different story, he'd probably end like Caban did, in a useless comedy gimmick with no ring time.
Daniel Bryan and CM Punk didn't have that WWE look either, and they are now two of the biggest wrestling stars in the world. WWE is obviously looking for him to be a success, that's why they signed him. Like someone else said, the ball is in Generico's court to impress, draw fans, and become successful.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Lets see some reputable source report this before we all jump to conclusions.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Generico unmasked?
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

ICHIFUJI wrote:Generico unmasked?
THat pic already exists on the internet
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Good for him. He has all the tools that could work for him, it's just a matter of timing and having a good attitude.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

Well WWE will blow this but thank god this means no more Steen v Generico matches
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

MuayThai wrote:Well WWE will blow this but thank god this means no more Steen v Generico matches
I've only just started posting here. Presumably this is the resident troll?
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Kikuchiyo wrote:
MuayThai wrote:Well WWE will blow this but thank god this means no more Steen v Generico matches
I've only just started posting here. Presumably this is the resident troll?
Yep. Not sure why he hasn't been banned yet.