LADDER WAR IV Official

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

LADDER WAR IV Official

Post by fm20000 »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ladder-war-iv
As seen at the Ring of Honor TV Tapings last Saturday night, and as we announced yesterday right here at ROHWrestling.com, former ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness has stepped up into the authority/matchmaker role formerly filled by Jim Cornette.

As his first order of business in that position, McGuinness announced that at “Final Battle 2012”, coming on the heels the blockbuster surprise at the close of “Glory by Honor XI”, the ROH World Title would be on the line with Kevin Steen defending against his greatest rival, the man who drove him out of ROH for one year back at “Final Battle 2010”, "The Generic Luchador" El Generico!

Nigel was not done yet though as he also stated that he had a discussion with Generico prior to the TV Tapings, well as much of a discussion as one can have with The Generic Luchador, and he simply kept repeating two words: LADDER WAR! LADDER WAR! LADDER WAR!

It is a match, arguably the most dangerous of ROH's near eleven year history, that was made famous, in part, by the blood and broken bodies of both Steen & Generico. They battled it out with Jay & Mark Briscoe in the original Ladder War at “Man Up” over the World Tag Team Titles and again against The American Wolves at “Glory by Honor VIII” in 2009.

As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the pleading of Steen & Generico in 2009, the Ladder War would likely still be a banned stipulation as ROH officials put it on the shelf following the violence of the original war.

A third Ladder War, the only one not involving Steen & Generico, took place at “Death Before Dishonor IX" between The Briscoes & The ANX, and that proved just as violent as those that came before.

Now, for the very first time, the War will take place in a one-on-one contest and over the ROH World Title to boot! It's “Ladder War IV” pitting Steen vs. Generico at “Final Battle 2012” and, depending on the outcome, this is an event that ROH officials feel could truly be our Doomsday...

More info and all of the details on this unbelievable announcement will be explained on the November 17th edition of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, and make sure you tune into ROH TV every & every week as we get closer to “Final Battle 2012”.

-Honor Lives-
AHHHHH I AM EXCITED
DXvsNWO1994

Re: LADDER WAR IV Official

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

That graphic looks AWESOME!!! One of the best ROH has come out with in awhile.

I am so glad I'm going to this show. I'll get to see this LIVE!! Guarantee this will be the best Ladder Match of the Night (WWE has their TLC PPV in Brooklyn later in the day). It'll be interesting to see how they will top their Ladder Match from Steen Wolf in PWG

So I guess by the tags at the bottom of posts by ROH recently, it'll be Final Battle 2012 - Honor Lives
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

It's going to be BRUTAL. I mean that in the good way.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

Boring we have already seen this hell just two years ago at this same even we saw them have a fight with out honor that was supposed to end things once and for all Hell ROH would have been better brining back Cabana at least that would be kind of fresh not the same old now very boring Steen vs Geneico feud
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

MuayThai wrote:Boring we have already seen this hell just two years ago at this same even we saw them have a fight with out honor that was supposed to end things once and for all Hell ROH would have been better brining back Cabana at least that would be kind of fresh not the same old now very boring Steen vs Geneico feud
wow, you really are the minority aren't you? Just watch the match, they'll prove you wrong.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

Well they didn't prove me wrong two years ago there fight without honor wasn't that good. Truth is Generio is the worst kind of wrestler to put in these matches with his fish out of water selling. Hell I don't even think Steen wants this feud given his reaction to pull out the mask was about the same as a person opening there mail box to find nothing but junk and bills
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

MuayThai wrote:Well they didn't prove me wrong two years ago there fight without honor wasn't that good. Truth is Generio is the worst kind of wrestler to put in these matches with his fish out of water selling. Hell I don't even think Steen wants this feud given his reaction to pull out the mask was about the same as a person opening there mail box to find nothing but junk and bills
Okay now you just sound stupid.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

MuayThai wrote:Well they didn't prove me wrong two years ago there fight without honor wasn't that good. Truth is Generio is the worst kind of wrestler to put in these matches with his fish out of water selling. Hell I don't even think Steen wants this feud given his reaction to pull out the mask was about the same as a person opening there mail box to find nothing but junk and bills
You're going to get banned talking like that.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Don't feed the troll.

Anyways, this has all the potential to be the best main event in final battle history. I can't even imagine the stuff they're going to do in this match.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

Oh yeah I'm stupid for wanting something fresh something new something hasn't been driven into the ground be doing every where and I'll get banned for stating how I feel. I am an ROH fan but I'm not a fan of this match beeing done for 6,000,000,000 time

ANd I'm not a troll just because I'm not going "ROH IS GREAT EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AGAIN ROH CAN DO NO WRONG"
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

MuayThai wrote:Oh yeah I'm stupid for wanting something fresh something new something hasn't been driven into the ground be doing every where and I'll get banned for stating how I feel. I am an ROH fan but I'm not a fan of this match beeing done for 6,000,000,000 time

ANd I'm not a troll just because I'm not going "ROH IS GREAT EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AGAIN ROH CAN DO NO WRONG"
Well we've rarely seen you say something positive. Everytime ROH does something you don't like, we hear about it, but we've never seen you say something about anything you do like. That sounds kind of troll-ish to me.

If you don't like this match, that's fine. To each his own. But stating your displeasure with it, while a sea of other people are very happy about it is just pointless. It's not like ROH is gonna see one negative opinion in this area and be like 'OK, we have to change this.' We get that you don't like it, no need to comment more on the matter.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

This should be GREAT. Having the ROH World Title on the line gives it a whole new edge and you can't really go wrong with a Ladder War... I hope.
RickyJH

Post by RickyJH »

I wouldn't be upset if that were the artwork for the poster & DVD cover. It's simple but effective
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Damn it spoilers!
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

They probably announced it on the website before it aired on tv to sell tickets. Great idea.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Robareid wrote:Damn it spoilers!
ROH posted this on their Twitter, Facebook, and it's on the front page of their website. If it was something to be saved for TV I wouldn't have posted this.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

No, I'm not annoyed with you lot, I'm annoyed with ROH for spoiling themselves. Although, I guess it's probably a wise business decision, but it takes away a lot of the unpredictability of the TV show.

I can't really complain, I am on a ROH news site after all
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Sounds great! I've already seen their ladder war in PWG, but this one should hopefully be as good.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

This is 3/4 years in the making, is amazing to have a storyline that long on 2012 and not lose any heat.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I just can echo the statement of one of the users before me: this has the potential to be the greatest Final Battle Main Event of all time. This war has been raging for 3 years now, 3 years of violence, mayhem and bloodshed and it's gonna end where it all started: Final Battle, the continuity and storytelling of this feud is just out of this universe. In my humble opinion, this is the greatest grudge feud in all of pro wrestling, and I mean ever. I can't think of any feud that's been going on for 3 years and hasn't become stale:
Final Battle 2009: the turn
Final Battle 2010: Steen is banned from ROH
Final Battle 2011: Steen is reinstated
Final Battle 2012: Generico ends the reign of terror?

Seriously this is going to be off the charts and could even top Elgin/Davey and Elgin/Steen as the MOTY!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer