LADDER WAR IV Official

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: LADDER WAR IV Official

Post by supersonic »

MuayThai wrote:Oh yeah I'm stupid for wanting something fresh something new something hasn't been driven into the ground be doing every where and I'll get banned for stating how I feel. I am an ROH fan but I'm not a fan of this match beeing done for 6,000,000,000 time

ANd I'm not a troll just because I'm not going "ROH IS GREAT EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AGAIN ROH CAN DO NO WRONG"
Steen vs. Generico, much like Danielson vs. McGuinness, can be done 6,000,000 additional times and it won't become stale. They're not Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, or Eddie Edwards.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

supersonic wrote:
MuayThai wrote:Oh yeah I'm stupid for wanting something fresh something new something hasn't been driven into the ground be doing every where and I'll get banned for stating how I feel. I am an ROH fan but I'm not a fan of this match beeing done for 6,000,000,000 time

ANd I'm not a troll just because I'm not going "ROH IS GREAT EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AGAIN ROH CAN DO NO WRONG"
Steen vs. Generico, much like Danielson vs. McGuinness, can be done 6,000,000 additional times and it won't become stale. They're not Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, or Eddie Edwards.

See I disagree all matches and feuds can become stale and Saying it Danielson vs McGuinness doesn't help since I was sick of that feud when they left ROH as well
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

You can do right now what I did during the Cornette/SBG combo era, find something else to excite you until this fed does something appealing to you.
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

eh it's been done before.

Why not include Lethal and make it a Triangle Ladder War? Jay still has beef with Steen, and his new character obviously wouldn't have a problem smashing a ladder of Generico's head. Just seems like a missed opportunity to give Lethal a bonafide main event rub, especially after ROH finally got the fans to give two fucks about him.

In a sense I can agree with MuayThai, but only because there's a much more interesting match ROH could make. I mean, they could even have Lethal get injured mid-match and leave Steen and Generico to battle it out. That way he wouldn't lose momentum for his next tile shot, and most importantly wouldn't have an official loss to Steen should Steen win.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

MuayThai wrote:
supersonic wrote:

See I disagree all matches and feuds can become stale and Saying it Danielson vs McGuinness doesn't help since I was sick of that feud when they left ROH as well
There is a huge difference though: Danielson/McGuinness was just a series of matches without an intricate storyline.
Steen vs Generico at Final Battle is the culmination of the greatest grudge feud in ROH history, it's storytelling at its absolute best, it just doesn't get any more epic than that.
Besides, it's not like they had been facing each other every week, they only had 4 single matches against each other. It just doesn't get any bigger than that, I wouldn't have ordered a PPV headlined by Steen/Lethal, I don't even have to think one second whether I'm going to buy Steen/Generico Ladder War.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Thumbtack Matt

Post by Thumbtack Matt »

Their ladder match in PWG was brutal, emotional, and above all else, incredible. No matter how many times I see these guys in the ring together, it never gets old. This is a main event that will undoubtedly deliver. I'm almost afraid to see how they'll top themselves.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Final Battle 2009 - Steen turns on Generico
Final Battle 2010: Generico defeats Steen thus forcing him to leave ROH
Final Battle 2011: Steen is reinstated and takes out Generico
Final Battle 2012: Ladder War for the ROH World Championship.

How can anyone possibly complain about this? It's a perfect story.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

Let me flip this on you who wants to keep seeing the same match over and over again? And its far from perfect
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Robareid wrote:No, I'm not annoyed with you lot, I'm annoyed with ROH for spoiling themselves. Although, I guess it's probably a wise business decision, but it takes away a lot of the unpredictability of the TV show.

I can't really complain, I am on a ROH news site after all
If it's any consolation, it's the first thing Nigel announced in the opening of the first TV show. you weren't going to be kept in suspense for long. I do see you're point, though, and it is valid. Heck, it's one of the reasons we have a spoilers section devoted to itself.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

MuayThai wrote:Let me flip this on you who wants to keep seeing the same match over and over again? And its far from perfect
We've seen the same match twice, once.

They had 2 singles matches, a tag match, a street fight, a cage match, a double chain match, and a fight without honor.

And after every match they kept building and adding things to the story so that it wasn't over. Then they had the fight without honor and Steen had to leave ROH. 6 months later Steen started showing up at ROH shows trying to get back in. During that he Package Piledrivered Generico through a table at a show while causing havoc. Eventually 6 months after that, Steen got ROH to wager that if he wins a match vs Corino he has to be let back in, but if he loses he'll leave them alone. Steen won and was allowed back in. Generico then tried to get revenge on Steen for putting him through the table and taking him out for months, but Steen won by cheating with Jimmy Jacobs. Generico disappeared shortly after that. Since then Steen has won the ROH title and "taken the company hostage"

Now since Steen has almost gone through EVERYONE available and still managed to hold onto the belt, ROH is turning to the one guy who got rid of Steen before, El Generico.

Logically there is nothing about this storyline that doesn't make sense, and there is nothing that they've repeated. We never "saw the same match over and over again" and you saying that is just being ignorant. If you don't like the feud or matches, then okay. But to say that it's just the same shit over and over again is ignoring every detail of the story and the purpose of every match.

Oh yeah, any chance we get ThatWrestlingShow to make a video for this entire 3 year storyline and finale?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Question: Can you name something that is universally liked by everyone?

Answer: No, you can't since there's nothing that's universally liked by everyone.

And this is no exception. There's really no reason to get worked up about whether or not everyone loves or hates something. If MT was a booker or had some input in the matchmaking, then I can see why you'd want to change his mind, but he's not. He's just a random guy that doesn't like the match. It's really not a big deal. There are others out there that share his opinion as well, if for other reasons. However most people seem to like the idea of LW IV (I do, though I'm not getting a tingle down my leg or anything :D ), so it's not like anyone should feel threatened about a few people saying "This sucks', since there are always some people that feel that way about anything. And it's not like ROH is going to drop the idea because of a lack of popularity. MT's like or dislike isn't going to change anything.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

It's one thing to have an opinion, which is fine and everyone is different.

It's another thing to just lie and claim every match they've had is exactly the same, which couldn't be further from the truth.
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

I really think generico has a big chance of winning with lethhal taking out steen
DDMurdock

Post by DDMurdock »

Finally, an IPPV I'm going to rent again.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Don't feed the troll people :)
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Don't feed Ryback either...
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

Hellfont93 wrote:Don't feed Ryback either...
THIS!
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Now that Muaythai is banned he can get fed to Ryback!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

fm20000 wrote:
MuayThai wrote:Let me flip this on you who wants to keep seeing the same match over and over again? And its far from perfect
Oh yeah, any chance we get ThatWrestlingShow to make a video for this entire 3 year storyline and finale?
OH HELL YEAH!! Imagine how epic this match would be with a trademark ThatWrestlingShow video! We really should make a petition to get him back, even if it's just for that one match
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
thatwrestlingshow

Post by thatwrestlingshow »

oh man, everything's turning up Milhouse! I can hardly wait till December, I'm a mark for circular storytelling

And I'd definitely love to take another crack at Steen vs. Generico. That Final Battle hype video was the obvious peak of my time with ROH, I'd put it against any other hype video from the past decade and that's the only one of my videos I think could compete at that level. Anything concerning these two is fertile ground for greatness and I'd be open to it, whether ROH is open nowadays to it is a different story. But if you guys want it, let ROH know