3 Wrestlers You'd Like To See In ROH

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
oldschoolhero66

3 Wrestlers You'd Like To See In ROH

Post by oldschoolhero66 »

Some people are saying there's a shortage of talent for the indies but I don't agree. So pick 3 people that are realistic in terms of money (and that fit the ROH style) that you'd like to see become a roster member.

I pick:
-Zack Saber Jr.
-Sami Callihan
-Johnny Gargano
Marketh.

Re: 3 Wrestlers You'd Like To See In ROH

Post by Marketh. »

"The French Stallion" Tom LaRuffa. Back before Ciampa eventually became really good, he would've made a better lone Embassy wrestler.

Sami Callihan. Obvious reasons.

The Young Bucks. Because I don't give a shit about how much or how little it costs to bring them in, they were worth it and the tag division needs them. The loss of Kenny King wouldn't have done nearly as much damage as eliminating the Bucks in addition. So you've lost a tag team? That's fine, just get rid of another one.
Last Real Man Hype
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Is Gargano realistic financially? I'm not sure ROH would pay what it would take to have him walk away from DGUSA, Evolve and the regular work he gets in Japan as a result if that affiliation

I'm not sure it's realistic to think Zack Sabre Jr could be a regular either considering he is based in the UK. If they didn't want to fly the Bucks (much more of a proven commodity on the indies) in from California, I can't see them bringing Zack across the Atlantic on a regular basis. I'd love them too though!

Interesting topic though, as I'm sure everyone has a different idea of what's affordable and achievable

I'd like to see ACH as a regular that's for sure. As Marketh said, getting the Young Bucks back and actually pushing them would be my choice too. They could be legitimate draws for ROH if used properly
Last edited by McXal on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimthy

Post by Jimthy »

I'm going to leave out DGUSA/Evolve guys, because they are under a contract with Gabe and aren't going to be coming in anytime soon, so why bother.

Bobby Fish - He was at Killer Instinct and would bring a great worker into the fold for great matches.

ACH - A young high flier who will develop over time into a hell of a hand I think.

Jigsaw - Wasn't a big fan when he was around the first time, but he is damn good now. Not sure what the working relationship between Chikara and ROH might be (if anything), and I know that he's scheduled for another Evolve shot, so maybe he's not able to, but I'd love to see Jigsaw back in an ROH ring in a featured role.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

How did I forget Fish? He has all the skills to be a main event level guy in ROH if they could nail him down for a run of shows and book him correctly

ACH
Bobby Fish
Matt Taven (he didnt sign for WWE in the end right?)
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

I'd say Sami Callihan, Zack Sabre Jr. (Maybe w/ Marty Scurll as The Leaders of the New School) and I guess someone like Johnny Gargano or maybe AR Fox would be Interesting.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Big Van Walter
Eddie Kingston
Mr Touchdown/Tim Donst
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Honestly I think they can bring in anyone from CHIKARA and it would work out great. I was surprised UltraMantis Black wasn't used much in ROH during Synergy save for the promo he cut at the Philly Show. Quakenbush can have some great matches with some of the younger guys on the roster like Cole & O'Reilly, and I think guys like The Colony, Jigsaw, 3.0, Gran Akuma, Hallowicked, Icarus, Eddie Kingston, Firghtmare, and even Mr. Touchdown could be used by ROH in some way, shape or form, even if it's only part time.

I think that since Delirious is now in full control of booking & such, involvement with CHIKARA could become more & more frequent.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

TJP
Joey Ryan
David Hart Smith
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Joey Ryan & TJP are with TNA right now.

And yeah, DH Smith would be great, his match with Davey at Jan was awesome but i think at the moment he's focusing more in his MMA tranning and Japan.
MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Bobby Fish
ACH
Young Bucks
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

ACH
Bucks
Silas
Fish
SSB
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Super Smash Bros, Young Bucks & Eddie Kingston
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

ACH
Young Bucks
Sami Callihan

I feel like those 2 and the Bucks could completely change each part of the card they were featured in. Bucks are good enough to be Tag champs and carry the division, ACH could put on a great match on any part of a card, and Sami could be a great main eventer/upper midcard guy like Eddie or Roddy.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Youngs Bucks are so exciting to watch and are a team that embody what tag wrestling should be.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Lone Wolf wrote:Youngs Bucks are so exciting to watch and are a team that embody what tag wrestling should be.
I don't think that. With their style, I'm glad there's only a small amount of teams like them. Doesn't mean they're bad, but I'm glad there isn't loads of teams like them and wannabes that will do even more Superkicks and even more spots, thinking that'll make them good workers. If the Bucks are the only team like themselves, ROH should want to have them.
Last Real Man Hype
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander are quite spoty though but i see what your getting at if the division was all spot based it would get dull .
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Callihan
Samuray Del Sol
Chuck Taylor

I hate listing three possibilities so unlikely but two of those guys should have been in ROH (in one case should have stayed in ROH) a long time ago.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Adam Page- Young talent with a lot of future in the business, i think he can be a new Adam Cole for the promotion if they give him the chance.

3.0/Irish Airborne/The Colony-The tag team division is getting better recently, i think any of those teams could help a lot.

Silas Young- He is one of the most underrated wrestlers right now in the independent circuit, i think he is perfect for TV because of his promos and inring style.
Riddick

Post by Riddick »

Samuray Del Sol
Tyson Dux
Matt Cross