The Item in the Box Was BAD! - Differing View

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ICHIFUJI

Re: The Item in the Box Was BAD! - Differing View

Post by ICHIFUJI »

I don't care Steen/Generico as Non-title-match.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Wrestlingisback wrote:With the reports that Generico hasn't signed with ROH, and Sinclair still smarting from the Kenny King deal (though I can't conceive that scenario happening with Generico), I could see Steen/Generico happening at FB with Steen going over and the road to Lethal getting the title beginning soon after. Not sure how I feel about that.
Makes sense in a way (Not even Steen greatest rival could stop his reign of terror, it's the "darkest" time in ROH history, Lethal does something cliche like put his career on the line for one last shot, he wins). Plus, you get another Steen/Generico match but it's almost like throwing the long-time fans a bone and then moving in the same direction they have been
This is exactly what they already did with Steen beating Generico in March of this year at Showdown in the Sun, Part 1.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

Burnside wrote:
Wrestlingisback wrote:With the reports that Generico hasn't signed with ROH, and Sinclair still smarting from the Kenny King deal (though I can't conceive that scenario happening with Generico), I could see Steen/Generico happening at FB with Steen going over and the road to Lethal getting the title beginning soon after. Not sure how I feel about that.
Makes sense in a way (Not even Steen greatest rival could stop his reign of terror, it's the "darkest" time in ROH history, Lethal does something cliche like put his career on the line for one last shot, he wins). Plus, you get another Steen/Generico match but it's almost like throwing the long-time fans a bone and then moving in the same direction they have been
This is exactly what they already did with Steen beating Generico in March of this year at Showdown in the Sun, Part 1.
Not really. Steen's win there was less about Generico being unable to beat him and more Jacobs turning. This scenario likely means a clean win by Steen
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Wrestlingisback wrote:
Burnside wrote:
Not really. Steen's win there was less about Generico being unable to beat him and more Jacobs turning. This scenario likely means a clean win by Steen
I guess. Not sure it would be very compelling to see Generico beaten yet again, after Steen got the better of him at DBD 2011, hospitalized him at Final Battle 2011, beat him at Showdown in the Sun Part 1, and then Jacobs beat him at Showdown in the Sun Part 2. Kind of makes Generico a bit too much of an ineffectual loser.
Wrestlingisback

Burnside wrote:
I guess. Not sure it would be very compelling to see Generico beaten yet again, after Steen got the better of him at DBD 2011, hospitalized him at Final Battle 2011, beat him at Showdown in the Sun Part 1, and then Jacobs beat him at Showdown in the Sun Part 2. Kind of makes Generico a bit too much of an ineffectual loser.
Totally agree, but I don't see them giving Generico the belt if he's not under contract-even though the chance of him running to TNA or WWE are pretty slim IMO.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Wrestlingisback wrote:
Burnside wrote:
Totally agree, but I don't see them giving Generico the belt if he's not under contract-even though the chance of him running to TNA or WWE are pretty slim IMO.
Generico certainly isn't getting the belt if he's not under contract. Maybe Lethal will take the belt off Steen at Final Battle, leaving Steen vs Generico as a match for March or April with no belt involved?
Wrestlingisback

Burnside wrote:
Wrestlingisback wrote:
Burnside wrote:
Generico certainly isn't getting the belt if he's not under contract. Maybe Lethal will take the belt off Steen at Final Battle, leaving Steen vs Generico as a match for March or April with no belt involved?
I suppose, but then it's just another match. Gold on the line would be the fresh wrinkle in the feud. They've done everything else
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Wrestlingisback wrote:
I suppose, but then it's just another match. Gold on the line would be the fresh wrinkle in the feud. They've done everything else
It's a Catch 22, then. Belt on the line would make the match fresh, but if the belt's on the line then Generico jobs again, which is lame.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

just a few weeks ago we were all saying theres no way Generico's ever coming back w/o a contract.
We didnt get that one right.
Now were all saying theres no way he gets the belt w/o a contract?
Just something to think about.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

Having the title in there isn't that fresh since it will still be the same Generico vs Steen match witch has been done way to many times.
Wrestlingisback

MuayThai wrote:Having the title in there isn't that fresh since it will still be the same Generico vs Steen match witch has been done way to many times.
Considering how important titles are in ROH compared to some promotions, I disagree
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

RoaringElbow wrote:just a few weeks ago we were all saying theres no way Generico's ever coming back w/o a contract.
I think ROH putting their world title on somebody who is not under contract would be a really stupid move on their part, no matter who it is.

I don't remember many people saying Generico was never coming back at all without a contract. Just not full time.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Burnside wrote:
RoaringElbow wrote:just a few weeks ago we were all saying theres no way Generico's ever coming back w/o a contract.
I think ROH putting their world title on somebody who is not under contract would be a really stupid move on their part, no matter who it is.

I don't remember many people saying Generico was never coming back at all without a contract. Just not full time.
Just search "Generico contact" and head back to around Showdown in the Sun time frame. Thats pretty much what everyone was saying
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

ROH better not put the title on some one with no contract if they learned anything from Kenny King
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I agree, that's why they should pay Generico whatever he wants to sign a contract, he might be the biggest draw available and is beloved by both the diehard fan base as well as casual fans. He's the only one to put a loggical end to Steen's reign of terror, that's just the way it is, anybody else would be a gigantic disappointment.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I agree, that's why they should pay Generico whatever he wants to sign a contract, he might be the biggest draw available and is beloved by both the diehard fan base as well as casual fans. He's the only one to put a loggical end to Steen's reign of terror, that's just the way it is, anybody else would be a gigantic disappointment.
What are you basing the idea that Generico is a "draw" on?

"Casual fans" have no idea he exists.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

Burnside wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I agree, that's why they should pay Generico whatever he wants to sign a contract, he might be the biggest draw available and is beloved by both the diehard fan base as well as casual fans. He's the only one to put a loggical end to Steen's reign of terror, that's just the way it is, anybody else would be a gigantic disappointment.

To be fair most causual fans have no idea ROH exists
thepoo62

Post by thepoo62 »

MuayThai wrote:
Burnside wrote:

To be fair most causual fans have no idea ROH exists
Generico may not be that note worthy to casual fans but he has such a unique and marketable demeanor that ROH could turn him into a maintstream draw a lot easier than almost any of the *ahem* vanilla midgets that strong style and no sell eachother all over the place. Generico is different in the best way possible. He just needs to start cutting promos and they can strap the rocket to his back....
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

This is the stupidest thread of all time. Just stop.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

El Generico is officially back to the Roh roster, i think it will be more that 3 or 4 appearance (clic on the "z" on their roster in the roh website to see his partial profile, maybe when you see this message his profile will be complete...)
ImageImage