Official Glory by Honor XI Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: Official Glory by Honor XI Thread

Post by supersonic »

MuayThai wrote:Generico vs Steen for 10000000000000000000000000 time on the indy scene. Yawn where is my refund
It's probably in your basement.

It's a match that despite being done a million times, remains fresh on the indy scene and always delivers. The two of them have managed to fill the void of the Danielson vs. McGuinness rivalry, and while maybe not as consistent as those matches, they do have the genuinely engaging storylines going for them to make it a unique feud that crosses borders and promotions.

It's also a match that WILL get buyrates up as long as the technical snafus are in the past. With all due respect to Lethal, who is a phenomenal in-ring performer, he doesn't have the charisma of Generico to get the jaded smarky fanbase to believe a title change will take place. In addition, despite so-so booking, Generico remains a fresh and interesting act, whereas Elgin has not since Miami with similar treatment. Generico has also remained fresh despite an unfavorable title reign, which Richards couldn't do, and Generico also hasn't done anything to alienate his fanbase.

Perhaps most important to the founding principles of ROH, Generico is also THE best in-ring performer on the indy scene in 2012. That cannot be stated enough how vital and important that is to what he can bring to the table for this federation.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Riddick wrote:
Did they debut the new belt tonight? If so, how did it look?
No, they didn't. Steen mentioned that it was coming though.
dudelove

Post by dudelove »

Wow, great match. I feel like Steen could still have a nice reign in him with potential matchups like Steen /Elgin II, Lethal II, and Steen/Cole (champion vs champion would be awesome),
And Generico of course!
Captain44

Post by Captain44 »

Did Steen actually wrestle tonight instead of doing a Hardcore match?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Captain44 wrote:Did Steen actually wrestle tonight instead of doing a Hardcore match?
Yes, he did. There was still outside brawling and guardrail ramming and a table spot, but it was still primarily a wrestling match.
Captain44

Post by Captain44 »

SandsShifter wrote:
Captain44 wrote:Did Steen actually wrestle tonight instead of doing a Hardcore match?
Yes, he did. There was still outside brawling and guardrail ramming and a table spot, but it was still primarily a wrestling match.
Awesome. I perfer Steen wrestling with some of the spots you mentioned.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

supersonic wrote:
MuayThai wrote:Generico vs Steen for 10000000000000000000000000 time on the indy scene. Yawn where is my refund

It's a match that despite being done a million times, remains fresh on the indy scene and always delivers. The two of them have managed to fill the void of the Danielson vs. McGuinness rivalry, and while maybe not as consistent as those matches, they do have the genuinely engaging storylines going for them to make it a unique feud that crosses borders and promotions.

It's also a match that WILL get buyrates up as long as the technical snafus are in the past. With all due respect to Lethal, who is a phenomenal in-ring performer, he doesn't have the charisma of Generico to get the jaded smarky fanbase to believe a title change will take place. In addition, despite so-so booking, Generico remains a fresh and interesting act, whereas Elgin has not since Miami with similar treatment. Generico has also remained fresh despite an unfavorable title reign, which Richards couldn't do, and Generico also hasn't done anything to alienate his fanbase.

Perhaps most important to the founding principles of ROH, Generico is also THE best in-ring performer on the indy scene in 2012. That cannot be stated enough how vital and important that is to what he can bring to the table for this federation.

oh for the love of god calling Generico the best worker in 2012 is a stretch ROH needs fresh feuds.

and what the hell is with Titus having to job out to the WGTT clearly Cornball still gets to book that match
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Just got home from the show. I had a great time..I enjoyed the Main Event even more then i did Steen vs Davey which i also sat front row to see. I called the El Generico mask in the box soon as i seen the guy hand the box to Nigel ring side. So happy this show felt more like ROH of 2010 which is a good thing. Was the show perfect?? Not by a long shot but i still had a blast. Only real down sides were Bennett/Mondo, WGTT/Titus & BJ, and i wasn't found of the Rhino match.

Whats with the hipster garbage still trying to shit on the product even when they give us a good show. And something most of us have wanted for the last 4-5 months ...The return of El Generico
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

MuayThai wrote:
supersonic wrote:

oh for the love of god calling Generico the best worker in 2012 is a stretch ROH needs fresh feuds.
Feel free to present a good counter argument that someone on the indy scene is as consistent as or better than Generico has been with Danielson, Claudio, Aries, Hero, etc. all gone to bigger things.

Steen vs. Generico IS a fresh feud. Just because it isn't new doesn't mean that it's stale. You're in a very clear minority.

And is there a reason why you didn't bother actually discussing any of the points I made to prove that Steen vs. Generico is THE money match for ROH. You're probably one of those smarky stereotypes that thought Rock vs. Austin was a bad idea to headline WM17.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

fm20000 wrote:5 STARS FUCKING MAYBE MATCH OF THE YEAR. OH MY GOD. THAT WAS ROH. THAT WAS WHAT I MISSED.
It was just as great live my friend i'm glad to see this show brought back one of the old school board members faith...I know this show helped make me a fan again as well.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

I've been apathetic about the ROH product for several months now and just reading the results makes me want to have faith in the company again. I can't wait to watch it.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

I can't wait for this week's ROHCast. I want to talk about this show so bad.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Awesome show ROH :D
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

ROHWorld_Jon wrote:I can't wait for this week's ROHCast. I want to talk about this show so bad.
Can't wait to listen to it!

Steen v El Generico is fresh and something we want to see, the are so many new factors since 2010 and now there is the World title involved. Plus it'll be great to see El Generico in the role of tormentor, the ending last night was special. Don't know where it was from but it was executed perfectly and the crowd chanting ole made it more special
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

ROH Glory By Honor XI: The Unbreakable Hope spoiler free

The Bravados vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander - ***1/4 Solid opener. A good spotty match to get the crowd hot. Exactly what an opener should be.

Mike Bennett vs. Mike Mondo - **1/2 It was better than you'd think it would be. Mondo still has a horrible horrible gimmick but the guy is tough as shit.

Titus/Whitmer vs WGTT - ** Worst match of the night by far but just because Haas and Benjamin are lazy fucks. They seriously look like they are going to hurt somebody with how careless they are in the ring.

Jay Lethal vs Davey Richards - **** Great, great match here. Your typical 500 kickout nosell Davey richards match, but it worked here and was by far the best match Lethal has had since returning to ROH.

TD Thomas vs Rhino - I won't even rate this since it wasn't really a match. More of a segment with wrestling moves involved. Was sort of a real mess.

Adam Cole vs Eddie Edwards - ***3/4 Great back and forth match between these two with one holy shit moment that I still don't know what happened. Did feel a little slow at times though

SCUM vs Briscoes - *** I'll admit I was pretty bored the first few minutes since I wasn't interested in this match in the first place, but they got me back and the last few minutes were really good.

Kevin Steen vs Michael Elgin - ***** Screw Dave Meltzer. This is everything I would want in a wrestling match between these two or just in general. Literally nothing else they could have done or nothing they could have done better than what happened in this match. This is my new match of the year.

Post main event segment - If I could give this stars it would be at least 10/5. Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect.

For the joke ROH has become the past few months, this show made up for it. Amazing. This show made me want to see what was going to happen next. Of course the post main event stuff, the HOT stuff, and what happened after Davey's match are all interesting angles. Good job Delirious.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Was there any Matt Hardy mention last night? If not, I really really really hope Delirious says hey fuck you we don't need you.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

SteenMark23 wrote:Was there any Matt Hardy mention last night? If not, I really really really hope Delirious says hey fuck you we don't need you.
No
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

fm20000 wrote:Kevin Steen vs Michael Elgin - ***** Screw Dave Meltzer. This is everything I would want in a wrestling match between these two or just in general. Literally nothing else they could have done or nothing they could have done better than what happened in this match. This is my new match of the year.

Post main event segment - If I could give this stars it would be at least 10/5. Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect.
Did Meltzer even rate this show yet? I'm interested to see what people think of this compared to Richards/Elgin. Anyone know where I can find the reviews?
No Remorse

Post by No Remorse »

Kenny wrote:The card looks awesome, but I'm tired of the broken streams. If I didn't have a free code, I doubt I'd order it due to the streaming issues.
Had the free code, so gave it a try, but once again due to constant streaming issues found it impossible to watch. Very disappointed.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Were their stream issues?? Everything was flawless on my end save for a few sporadic glitches that lasted only a few seconds (Had not real effect on the show for me).