MOTY/Show of the year 2012

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Colt45

MOTY/Show of the year 2012

Post by Colt45 »

Just would like to hear everyones opinions.

ROH only!

I have Cole/Oreilly from Best in the World. Just a crazy fight from start to finish. The injury added another layer to the match and bumped it up to MOTY caliber. The best part was that you knew Adam Cole was hurt, like really hurt. He showed the type of grit and determination that's found in ROH legends. It was up there with Nigel's cut from Rising Above on the gruesome scale. Just an awesome match that focused on that reckless endangerment we enjoy seeing on the indys, yet held together perfectly.

For show of the year I'm kind of limited because I havent seen many. Probably Best in the World because I also enjoyed Steen/Richards II way more than that first one. Edwards Homicide was pretty good too.
JigsawVs.Jason

Re: MOTY/Show of the year 2012

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

MOTY: Richards vs Elgin by a huge margin

Show of the year: I'd say Best in the World or Showdown in the Sun Day 1
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

MOTY:

1. Michael Elgin vs Davey Richards - *****.
2. Kevin Steen vs El Generico - ****1/2.
3. Davey Richards vs Kevin Steen @ Bitw - ****1/2.
4. Davey Richards vs Kevin Steen @ Border Wars - ****1/4.
5. Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole, Jay Lethal vs Richards (Homecoming), Eddie Edwards vs Davey Richards, Jacobs and Steen vs Whitmer and Generico were all ****+ IMO.

Shows Of The Year:

1. Border Wars - Great show top to bottom, every match was good to great and the Main Event was awesome.
2. Showdown In The Sun Night 1 - Very good show with good undercard and the last three matches were great
3. Best in The World 2012 - A show with two ****+ matches and some good undercard matches is enough for me
4. Homecoming - underrated show, really enjoyed the main event, the show had the house show felling and this is the only reason it's not higher
5. Showdown in The Sun Night 2 - Good show, the first half was meh but the second half was great with a MOTY match.

EDIT: Oh man i forget about Unity. It was the best show of 2012 IMO.
Last edited by DieHard on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOOSE!
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Match of the Year is Richards/Elgin at Showdown in the Sun Night 2, with Cole/O'Reilly at BITW as #2.

I really do not feel that ROH has put on a blow-away show this year. Showdown in the Sun 1 & 2, Border Wars, and Best in the World have probably been the best, but all of them also had flaws and none really jump out at me as being vastly superior to the others.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

As great as Richards v Elgin was, Cole/O'Reilly at BITW is my MOTY, so far. Id give them both 5 stars but watching the BITW match live as it happened on iPPV makes it slightly more memorable.

BITW is the best show, cracking main event too.

Despite being an average show, Cole/Richards at Rising Above was a belter.

Adam Cole is ROH MVP for 2012 so far, for me at least.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Richards/Elgin definitely has my MOTY vote.

As far as show of the year I'm not sure. Showdown in the Sun Night 1, Borders Wars & Best in the World are certainly up there. The 10th Anniversary Show was good as well. I'd also throw in the mix Homecoming & Unity since both were really good house shows.
wordsasbombs

Post by wordsasbombs »

Absolutely Richards vs Elgin, I don't see anything else coming very close. Show of the year I'm going with Border Wars, as stated it was just a great all around show.
~Soyez réalistes. Demandez l'impossible.~
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buy my books...I'm hungry. Please.
http://www.jonathanculver.webs.com
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

Match of the year is elgin vs richards
Show of the year......i have to go with episode 47 of roh tv. JUST KIDDING I say show of the year was border wars
SM22

Post by SM22 »

My show of the year is Homecoming 2012, and my match of the year is Steen vs. Generico at Showdown in the Sun Day I.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

MOTY

1. Davey Richards vs Michael Elgin - Showdown In The Sun Night 2
2. Kevin Steen vs El Generico - Showdown In The Sun Night 1
3. Davey Richards vs Kevin Steen - Best In The World 2012
4. Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Withmer & El Generico - Unity
5. Adam Cole vs Kyle O´Reilly - Best In The World 2012
6. Davey Richards vs Kevin Steen - Border Wars
7. Team Ambition vs Eddie Edwards & Adam Cole - 10th Anniversary Young Wolves Rising
8. Kevin Steen vs Eddie Kingston - Boiling Point 2012
9. Davey Richards vs Adam Cole - Rising Adobe 2012
10. Young Bucks vs Bravado Brothers - Unity/Team Ambition vs House Of Truth - Underground/Eddie Edwards vs Roderick Strong - Rise & Prove

Show Of The Year

1. Border Wars
2. Unity
3. Best In The World 2012
4. Showdown In The Sun Night 1
5. The Homecoming 2012/Showdown In The Sun Night 2
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

Battle of richmond= ROH show of the decade
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

I felt like Davey Richards vs Michael Elgin from Showdown In The Sun was head and shoulders better then everything else this year. Even my 4th favourite match of the year, Davey vs. Steen, doesn't come remotely close to me. Not sure about best ROH show though, none stand out as "show of the year" calibre. Probably will be Final Battle.