"Super Fan" Patrick Edwards

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

"Super Fan" Patrick Edwards

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

What is the point of him? His stupid, condescending, frankly awful blog is a joke. I will give him some credit for making me chuckle, however. The following paragraph is from his latest "blog".

"I hope this finds you all and that you are doing well. This past Saturday the "Death Before Dishonor X" iPPV took place LIVE from Chicago and albeit there being some issues at the start of the broadcast, everything came together quickly which end resulted in an awesome night of ROH wrestling action. I must admit that I'm very impressed at how ROH has made the bold choice to take their live stream iPPV events into their own hands by producing it themselves at all costs in order to deliver a significantly better end product to the fans. It speaks volumes that ROH strives to and pulls out all the stops, caring about the fans to bring us the very best wrestling product possible. When you produce a live show, it’s never perfect and there is always a margin for unexpected production concern, but ROH proves loyal to produce a quality, consistent broadcast for the fans."

I don't care what position you hold at Sinclair, just please step away from the ROH site, you're an utter embarrassment.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Re: "Super Fan" Patrick Edwards

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

What a tool
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Where did you find that?
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

UGH STFU
MOOSE!
luchadork_67

Post by luchadork_67 »

Wow! ROH is completely clueless and totally tone deaf.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote: It speaks volumes that ROH strives to and pulls out all the stops, caring about the fans to bring us the very best wrestling product possible.
LMFAO :lol:
That sentence made my day :D WTF is going on there, don't they realize most fans are fed up with how this company is booked/is broadcasted?
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

HarpoonIPA wrote:Where did you find that?
ROH retweeted it. I think you can find them in the 'Blogs' section of the website.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote:Where did you find that?
ROH retweeted it. I think you can find them in the 'Blogs' section of the website.
Thanks, I never read there blog since they would never allow even us Annual members the ability to respond.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Another quote from the blog.
Look at it this way, how many times has your smart phone just turned itself off and rebooted for no reason? Does this happening change your opinion of the phone that now has 100 more features than your last phone? Do you stop using smart phones? No, you wait for the fix and appreciate the technology that belongs to your phone.. Technology isn’t perfect but it does continuously improve.
Except if my phone crashes 4 out of the first 5 times that I try to use it, I'm going to buy a new phone.

This attitude is the problem with ROH right now. If something like this happened while Cary was in charge, we would have probably gotten a huge apology letter on the front of the website. Now they send an E-Mail only to the people that bought it, NEVER apologize or mention it on Twitter or their website, and then post bullshit like this with some half assed excuse. It's like they are trying to lose fans.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

fm20000 wrote:Another quote from the blog.
Look at it this way, how many times has your smart phone just turned itself off and rebooted for no reason? Does this happening change your opinion of the phone that now has 100 more features than your last phone? Do you stop using smart phones? No, you wait for the fix and appreciate the technology that belongs to your phone.. Technology isn’t perfect but it does continuously improve.
Except if my phone crashes 4 out of the first 5 times that I try to use it, I'm going to buy a new phone.

This attitude is the problem with ROH right now. If something like this happened while Cary was in charge, we would have probably gotten a huge apology letter on the front of the website. Now they send an E-Mail only to the people that bought it, NEVER apologize or mention it on Twitter or their website, and then post bullshit like this with some half assed excuse. It's like they are trying to lose fans.
Agreed about everything, this thing really pissed me.
MOOSE!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Here's the rest of his bullshit in case ROH (wisely) take it down:

"As a fan, it’s nice to see that ROH remains committed to not let the fans down and will always do right by the fans as in this case by providing free copies of the "Death Before Dishonor X" event DVD or the right to a full refund even though the majority of the show was perfectly streamed. By understanding this, let’s turn the page and ignore negative columnists out there with an axe to grind that make their living by “eh hmm, slamming” everything in their path. Instead, take a positive approach and don’t let a few setbacks or gossip publications alter your opinion of ROH. There will be more fantastic PPVs and the ROH product is the best around. If something goes wrong, they take care of the fans and then strive to continue delivering to as many fans as possible.. Not all columnists’ comments are negative, some of these folks do a great job at reporting and being proactive, but the reality for most writers is that "stirring the pot" sells. .

Leading up to "Death Before Dishonor X", ROH had 2 other iPPV events, “Best In The World” and “Boiling Point” that were both top notch in streaming quality and production throughout. They were better than any previous iPPVs and Death Before Dishonor X would have been the same without the technical difficulties. Look at it this way, how many times has your smart phone just turned itself off and rebooted for no reason? Does this happening change your opinion of the phone that now has 100 more features than your last phone? Do you stop using smart phones? No, you wait for the fix and appreciate the technology that belongs to your phone.. Technology isn’t perfect but it does continuously improve."
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Getting to know Patrick Edwards

http://www.rohwrestling.com/connect/blo ... ck-edwards
Hello everyone in ROH land, allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Patrick Edwards and I am the newest member of the ROH Family (albeit based on the feuds and matches that are seen on the ROH TV show, LIVE event and iPPV or if you've ever witnessed the interaction between Kevin Steen and Jim Cornette, a dysfunctional one at times, lol). Everyone whom I have met thus far has been great to me. I feel like I am joining ROH at the right time as the organization seems to be bursting at the sides with exciting things and I've been graciously given the opportunity to use this blog as means to announce my joining to all of you.
More at link above
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
jackalope3

Post by jackalope3 »

HarpoonIPA wrote:Getting to know Patrick Edwards

http://www.rohwrestling.com/connect/blo ... ck-edwards
Hello everyone in ROH land, allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Patrick Edwards and I am the newest member of the ROH Family (albeit based on the feuds and matches that are seen on the ROH TV show, LIVE event and iPPV or if you've ever witnessed the interaction between Kevin Steen and Jim Cornette, a dysfunctional one at times, lol). Everyone whom I have met thus far has been great to me. I feel like I am joining ROH at the right time as the organization seems to be bursting at the sides with exciting things and I've been graciously given the opportunity to use this blog as means to announce my joining to all of you.

Painful. Make it stop, please...
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

How someone that works for the company not bury them in the official website is beyond me too.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

As a fan, it’s nice to see that ROH remains committed to not let the fans down and will always do right by the fans as in this case by providing free copies of the "Death Before Dishonor X" event DVD or the right to a full refund even though the majority of the show was perfectly streamed. By understanding this, let’s turn the page and ignore negative columnists out there with an axe to grind that make their living by “eh hmm, slamming” everything in their path. Instead, take a positive approach and don’t let a few setbacks or gossip publications alter your opinion of ROH.
Seriously, there is very little reason to support ROH at this point. Nothing is going to change with this company. It's all TNA like management at this point, and from here on in it always will be. The wrestlers and management at PWG and Chikara are much more deserving of your money. It makes me sick right now to even think about giving ROH $20 instead of those other two, or hell even DGUSA or whatever. So glad I cancelled my ringside membership.
thatwrestlingshow

Post by thatwrestlingshow »

Not only is the booking stuck in the year 1984, ROH even has a Ministry of Propaganda.

I talked to Quack, I might start making some wrestling packages again for Chikara, support independent wrestling that deserves support.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I really want this guy on ROHCast. I just know the forum questions would be brilliant
LygerFan

Post by LygerFan »

It is astonishing this "blog" would be posted on their site. This is a slap in the face of the fans and it is very obvious that the people running Ring of Honor don't have a fucking clue. Only a moron would write an article praising Ring of Honor after last weekend. They fucked up in a major way last weekend and instead of blaiming the negative columnists maybe they should take a drink of reality. I hope everybody thinks twice before they give this company another dollar. Cancel your ringside memberships today and do not buy their IPPV's, tickets, or DVD's. Maybe they will get the message at that point. Until they make some drastic changes I am done.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:I really want this guy on ROHCast. I just know the forum questions would be brilliant
"Mr. Edwards, do you fuck pigs?"
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

187_Joeism wrote:How someone that works for the company not bury them in the official website is beyond me too.
It's not a case of burying or not burying ROH. It's the fact that he has included a variety of different lies in his 'blog' to make the situation sound very minor when it clearly wasn't. The 'blog' should NOT have been posted and as a paying fan is a slap in the face.

ROH have completely killed themselves PR wise over the past week or so and they have nobody but themselves to blame.