TJ Perkins discusses his ROH release...

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

TJ Perkins discusses his ROH release...

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

http://rohworld.com/rohcast-episode-54- ... h-release/

We'll be posting the interview on YouTube tomorrow. As well as a transcript article containing some of the major topics discussed.

But for now, it's available on iTunes and as a direct download :)
fm20000

Re: TJ Perkins discusses his ROH release...

Post by fm20000 »

Thanks. Gonna check this out now. Interested to hear what TJ has to say.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Who wants to play the TJP "like" drinking game with me? ;)
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

I'm only like half an hour in but from what he's describing it doesn't sound like ROH is run the same at all anymore. Hearing past interviews and shoots I remember hearing how open ROH's creative was with the wrestlers, like Hero building his Young KO Kid character. TJ said he had literally no input on his nickname, promo catchphrases or anything. That sounds so much like WWE.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

BalzOfHonor wrote:Who wants to play the TJP "like" drinking game with me? ;)
I´m in, 1 shoot for every time someone complain about Cornette and remember old ROH
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

fm20000 wrote:I'm only like half an hour in but from what he's describing it doesn't sound like ROH is run the same at all anymore. Hearing past interviews and shoots I remember hearing how open ROH's creative was with the wrestlers, like Hero building his Young KO Kid character. TJ said he had literally no input on his nickname, promo catchphrases or anything. That sounds so much like WWE.
Doesn't sounds like TJP has any creative input to provide either way.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

187_Joeism wrote:
BalzOfHonor wrote:Who wants to play the TJP "like" drinking game with me? ;)
I´m in, 1 shoot for every time someone complain about Cornette and remember old ROH
Calm down there, nobody can drink that much lol :D
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

I just had a double shot of Bushmills Irish Honey this download interview is taking forever to download
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

OMG! TJP speaking about Cornette just crush a lot of haters hearts :lol:
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

187_Joeism wrote:OMG! TJP speaking about Cornette just crush a lot of haters hearts :lol:
And Corino said a month ago i guess that Cornette is the main reason that Steen is the champ today..
MOOSE!
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

I don't care, it's still all Cornette's fault!!!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Great interview guys. Glad to hear one of my questions asked. Really it just sounds like ROH didn't want to use TJP and the Bucks for some reason. They gave TJ ideas and then never fulfilled any of them, BS'd around why they didn't want to bring him or the Bucks in from California, and then just stopped booking him. Really confusing situation. And the people saying TJ has no charisma, character, etc, make no sense when ROH fed him EVERYTHING he was supposed to say or do. How can you know what someone can do when you never give them the shot to speak on their own?

And the problem isn't Cornette. Cornette could book for any company. It's just the overall direction in the company that I have a problem with. Cornette has obviously been part of the company when it was great. It just depends on what the direction is. If someone is a fan of the current ROH style they would love the weekly product. I'm not a fan of it and would like to see closer to what we used to get. Cornette's booking for 2012 ROH obviously isn't going to be the same as 2007 ROH. He's doing a good job for what Sinclair wants, but I still don't agree that what Sinclair wants is what the fanbase wants.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I just finished the interview, great job as always guys. TJ Perkins looks like a smart dude who don't want to burn bridges unlike other guys *samgmKennyKingtaugjsg*
MOOSE!
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

fm20000 wrote:And the people saying TJ has no charisma, character, etc, make no sense when ROH fed him EVERYTHING he was supposed to say or do. How can you know what someone can do when you never give them the shot to speak on their own?
I'd really like to see one of the Cornette fanboys defend this one. Perkins was never given a chance, so for anybody blaming him for the release is beyond naive. Comments of "Well what did he offer to ROH/How much money did he draw?" only prove my point in the other Perkins thread of the loyals turning the other way completely and avoiding the facts.
Heaven forbid somebody enjoy the old product! We must just accept mediocrity.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

187_Joeism wrote:OMG! TJP speaking about Cornette just crush a lot of haters hearts :lol:
That's all well and great for Cornette, but what about the big load of other stuff that just exposes how badly ROH in general is run?
Last Real Man Hype
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

fm20000 wrote:Great interview guys. Glad to hear one of my questions asked. Really it just sounds like ROH didn't want to use TJP and the Bucks for some reason. They gave TJ ideas and then never fulfilled any of them, BS'd around why they didn't want to bring him or the Bucks in from California, and then just stopped booking him. Really confusing situation. And the people saying TJ has no charisma, character, etc, make no sense when ROH fed him EVERYTHING he was supposed to say or do. How can you know what someone can do when you never give them the shot to speak on their own?

And the problem isn't Cornette. Cornette could book for any company. It's just the overall direction in the company that I have a problem with. Cornette has obviously been part of the company when it was great. It just depends on what the direction is. If someone is a fan of the current ROH style they would love the weekly product. I'm not a fan of it and would like to see closer to what we used to get. Cornette's booking for 2012 ROH obviously isn't going to be the same as 2007 ROH. He's doing a good job for what Sinclair wants, but I still don't agree that what Sinclair wants is what the fanbase wants.
SBG just needs to mind their own fucking business and worry about promoting ROH and backing them financially rather than trying to dictate the company.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Great interview once again guys, and thank you TJ for taking time to do said interview. Musical Chairs is a great answer from TJ and that is not a lot of "Hoopla"
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Jeremy wrote:
fm20000 wrote:And the people saying TJ has no charisma, character, etc, make no sense when ROH fed him EVERYTHING he was supposed to say or do. How can you know what someone can do when you never give them the shot to speak on their own?
I'd really like to see one of the Cornette fanboys defend this one. Perkins was never given a chance, so for anybody blaming him for the release is beyond naive. Comments of "Well what did he offer to ROH/How much money did he draw?" only prove my point in the other Perkins thread of the loyals turning the other way completely and avoiding the facts.
Sometimes it's not about being given a chance or a push, sometimes you need to go out there and cease the opportunity and make something happen. You could of sent TJP out there for a 100 matches and that was never going to happen.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Very, very good interview. I just feel really bad for TJ that he never got a fair chance. Noticed he mentioned doing stuff with TNA during his hiatus so I'm thinking he was offered to be apart of the build-up to Destination X as PUMA and Jigsaw was the 2nd choice, assuming TNA wanted a masked wrestler for TV/PPV.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

TJ Perkins is to the indies what Shelton Benjamin was to the WWE.