Question for Everyone

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
donkitrk99

Question for Everyone

Post by donkitrk99 »

I see High Spots has a sale on a 3 ROH DVD grab bag. I want some suggestions for what shows I should choose - no need to tell me why just list your top 3. I kind of like not knowing much about the card before I watch it. Here are the choices:
Breakout
Buffalo Stampede
Caged Rage
Chicago Spectacular Night 1
Chicago Spectacular Night 2
Contention
Destiny
Fighting Spirit
Proving Ground 2009 Night 1
Proving Ground 2009 Night 2
Retribution

Thanks, I'll base my decision solely on your suggestions (3 pts for 1st place, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd) if I get enough responses and I'll be back with reviews for each when the time comes.
Colt45

Re: Question for Everyone

Post by Colt45 »

1. Fighting Spirit- Awesome world title match. Rest of the card flows really nice too. Briscoe's match **** imo too. (and you get to see Steen play a real heel. not some tweener).

2. Chicago Spectacular Night 2- Really solid card, one of Gabe's favorites. Main event is worth the price alone if you like big tag matches.

3. Breakout - Haven't actually seen this show, but from what I hear it's got a MOYC, and good main event, and a solid undercard.

So you'd get a dvd from 2006, 2007, and 2008, you get a little variety, and each show has a match above ****, and a good undercard.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

thanks for the reply! hope to get some more but you've made a pretty good sell on those three if not haha
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Yeah Breakout was a very good show so if you're going for the grab bag get that one. Any of the Chicago Spectacular shows (You COULD get both at one) are good, plus shows like Buffalo Stampede & Caged Raged aren't bad shows either
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

thanks for the input!
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

I was at Contention and it was a blast live and I think came off really well on the DVD as well. SNAPMARE!!!!
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

they kept referring to the snapmare reactions on Manhattan Mayhem III, I think it was. they must have been consecutive shows haha
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

donkitrk99 wrote:they kept referring to the snapmare reactions on Manhattan Mayhem III, I think it was. they must have been consecutive shows haha
Yeah, Contention was the previous night. It actually leads up pretty well to MMIII if you watch them back to back.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Stay away from Proving Ground 2009. The matches you need can be found on Death Before Dishonor VIII and the Generico comp.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Yes if are looking to get any ROH DVD in the future PLEASE get Death Before Dishonor VIII. For that matter be sure to get Glory By Honor IX & Final Battle 2010. (Three AWESOME iPPV's in a row, something I wish ROH could do more of nowadays)
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

I like the sounds of watching three really good shows that happened chronologically. Maybe those three will be next on my list (although I have seen the FB 2010 Main Event I can't recall seeing anything else on those shows off the top of my head)
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Final Battle 2010 was an awesome show (The only iPPV that was better was Death Before Dishonor VIII). Of course you had the Steen/Generico match, but everything else was good as well. ANX & Future Shock was a great opener. Cabana vs. TJ Perkins was fun. Kong & Haze vs. SDR & Serena Deeb was a great women's match. Edwards/Dutt & Homicide/Daniels were both good. The KOW vs. Briscoes was good too, although if you didn't watch the HDNet show you might not understand the story but I think they explain it well. Then the world title match was great also so nothing really much to complain about. Its funny because some of ROH's best shows are all the iPPV's from Death Before Dishonor VIII to Best in the World 2011 (I'd exclude the 9th Anniversary Show it was really good but not great)
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

I think I'm going to go with a grab bag of Breakout, and Chicago Spectacular Night 1 & Night 2. And I have Death Before Dishonor VIII, Glory By Honor IX, and Final Battle 2010 in my ROH cart for the next time I feel like buying something haha
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Cool, you're getting two cage matches out of that grab bag