New Survival Of The Fittest Qualifier Set!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DieHard

New Survival Of The Fittest Qualifier Set!

Post by DieHard »

The randomized computer drawing for “Survival of the Fittest 2012”, taking place on September 22nd in Baltimore, has selected the next match-up for the Qualifying Round of the tournament. The two names randomly selected to square off are:

Jay Lethal & “God's Gift” QT Marshall

Lethal is coming off a big weekend at “Caged Hostility” that saw him not only win his bout against Adam Page but also step up to the Jim Cornette's challenge and prove himself worthy of getting an ROH World Title match at “Killer Instinct” in Rahway on October 6th. Before getting to The Du Burns, he still has to contend with “The Notorious 187” Homicide this weekend at “Death Before Dishonor X” which will certainly force Lethal to dig deep into that killer instinct for which Cornette was searching.

Marshall, who has been impressive since his ROH debut a few months ago, fell short in Charlotte in his battle with “No Fear” Mike Mondo but is hoping to rebound in SOTF and earn himself an ROH World Title shot to go along with his newly won ROH contract.

“The fact that I have secured an ROH World title match does not make me any less hungry.” said Lethal to ROHWrestling.com, “You could be forgiven for thinking that Survival of the Fittest somehow is less important to me now that I have my shot. You would be wrong but I can forgive that. This tournament is my insurance policy that, god forbid, Rahway does not go my way. On the chance that Steve Corino or Jimmy Jacobs decide to screw me over or the chance that Kevin Steen takes an easy way out to keep his title, winning SOTF is my insurance policy that he won't get away. Should I face Rhino and have to deal with Truth Martini and the HoT looking for a way to cost me my opportunity, like the way they did when I faced Davey Richards earlier this year, I will have this title chance in my back pocket. By hook or by crook, I will be the ROH World Champion before you know it.”

Jay Lethal vs. “God's Gift” QT Marshall! “Survival of the Fittest 2012”! September 22, 2012! Baltimore, MD! Tickets right here!

--

Thanks, ROH.
MOOSE!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Re: New Survival Of The Fittest Qualifier Set!

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

If he has a bad match with Lethal then all the slack this guy has been getting is justified.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:If he has a bad match with Lethal then all the slack this guy has been getting is justified.
It's not QT's fault. People hate him because he doesn't do flips. Yeah, that must be it.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Marketh. wrote:
ROHWorld_Harry wrote:If he has a bad match with Lethal then all the slack this guy has been getting is justified.
It's not QT's fault. People hate him because he doesn't do flips. Yeah, that must be it.
Oddly enough that is the reason. I saw his previous match with Lethal posted here, should be good.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

This match will be probably be less than spectacular.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Lethal have good matches always and the older match poster here between them was good, i hope QT finally deliver.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

For the people who complain that Lethal never loses non-title matches, this one should delight them. :D

Seriously, I do hope QT has a good match finally. I do want the guy to succeed. At least he's young, and has room for improvement.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Lethal wins this, no doubt
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Lethal doesn't have a bad match with anybody, he's so consistant if nothing else. If this gets time, and it's not a ***+ match, then QT really deserves all the shit he's getting. I can't think of a Lethal match so far in ROH that has gotten time and has gone under ***
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Robareid wrote:Lethal doesn't have a bad match with anybody, he's so consistant if nothing else. If this gets time, and it's not a ***+ match, then QT really deserves all the shit he's getting. I can't think of a Lethal match so far in ROH that has gotten time and has gone under ***
Yo buddy it's a TV match, it's may be really short match.
MOOSE!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Thats the problem with TV matches a lot of the time

Matches are usually shorter with less craziness because of time constraints