To order or not to order, that is the question. DBD X

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

To order or not to order, that is the question. DBD X

Post by HarpoonIPA »

For the first time in 3 + years of ordering ROH's IPPV's I'm at a crossroads. DBD X doesn't have not most attractive card for my enjoyment, but has potential.

From http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events ... o-ridge-il

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH World Champion Kevin Steen defends against "The Man Beast" Rhino "not exciting me at all"

**NEW** ROH World Tag Team Champions will be Crowned!!
- S.C.U.M. (Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino) vs. Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman "Should be average"
- Rhett Titus & Charlie Haas vs. Jay & Mark Briscoes "deja vu?"

The American Wolf Davey Richards Returns to ROH "Excited about"

ROH World TV Championship Match
ROH World TV Champion Adam Cole vs "No Fear" Mike Mondo "I like Mondo, but enough is enough already"

Special Challenge
ACH makes his ROH Debut vs. Kyle O'Reilly "Should be very entertaining"

Survival Of The Fittest Tournament Qualifier Match
Tadarius Thomas vs. Silas Young "Interesting match up"

Special Challenge Match
Jay Lethal vs. "The Notorious 187" Homicide "Not into either of these guys, so a big thumbs down"

Tag Team Attraction
The House of Truth ("Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong) w/ Truth Martini vs. The Irish Airborne (Jake & Dave Crist) "The breakup of the House, should be great"

After looking at each match, I now think I'm leaning towards getting it.

Are any of you excited about this card?
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
DieHard

Re: To order or not to order, that is the question. DBD X

Post by DieHard »

Pretty much yes. You should order it buddy, it'll be a good night of wrestling.
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'd agree....Yes, order it. I will. The undercard is pretty awesome. The tag tournament matches shouldn't be that bad, The TV Title match should be good (It's an Adam Cole Match), and the World Title match just might surprise you. Aside from the squashes, Rhino's matches have been good. Plus it's a different type of opponent for Steen.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

I just ordered it
Ringside member price Subtotal including discounts: $12.71
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think it will be a fun night of wrestling, if you are looking for that i don´t see why not order the show.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

the undercard and midcard is very intriguing, especially ACH vs O'Reilly and Young vs Thomas.
I will not order it, as the main focus of the show, the main event, Tv title match and even the tag tournament (only way to save that would be a 25+ Minutes between C & C and the Briscoes) are extremely lackluster to me.
To me this is the most disappointing card ROH has ever produced for an iPPV and I hope they will rebound at Glory by Honor, which will have a stellar Elgin vs Steen and hopefully Davey back in action. So yeah, I'll wait for Glory by Honor instead.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I don't see why not. The only things I'm down on are Haas/Titus and Davey returning (that's if they continue booking him as a face).

Rhino has been performing really well and is one of the most underrated guys on the roster just now. He's clearly putting the effort in, is over with the crowds (including house shows and iPPVs), cutting good promos and his matches this year have all been above average at the minimum. Hell, his series with Eddie was great and not just because Eddie can have a good match with anyone. Does he deserve the main event spot? No, but I don't see how it can't still be great.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

The card looks great, I don't see a problem here. Definite order here.

Anyone not ordering it because of any recent announcements likely wasn't ordering it anyway.
wordsasbombs

Post by wordsasbombs »

I'll be getting it. I'm curious enough to see who ends up with the tag titles, and I'm really excited to see all the new guys step up, it almost feels like it should be called DBDX:Do or Die. I don't care much about the world and TV title matches (especially the world), but I recognize that both matches have the potential (however little) to prove me wrong. I feel like this is the kind of card where everybody is going to be looking to step up and steal the show due to there being no real standout matches, and if the stars align we may end up with a show that has nine very good matches. To me that is as good if not better than a show with 2 great matches and 4 or 5 average ones, like we tend to get. If nothing else it looks better than Boiling point.
~Soyez réalistes. Demandez l'impossible.~
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buy my books...I'm hungry. Please.
http://www.jonathanculver.webs.com
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Don't think I'll be in town to watch it, but I'll definitely order it for the replay.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

I think the card top to bottom is as good as any ROH show since last year. I'm most excited for Kyle/ACH, which could be a MOTYC if given enough time.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

The card has the potential to be pretty good. Especially if Briscoes vs. C&C is the finals of the tourney (unlikely)

Mondo/Cole and Lethal/Homicide should be great.

And the undercard matches with the new guys all sound promising. But I can't get too excited for those as I don't know any of them.

The main event, will just be a brawl. Don't expect anything MOTY worthy. Just a brawl.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:The card has the potential to be pretty good. Especially if Briscoes vs. C&C is the finals of the tourney (unlikely)

Mondo/Cole and Lethal/Homicide should be great.

And the undercard matches with the new guys all sound promising. But I can't get too excited for those as I don't know any of them.

The main event, will just be a brawl. Don't expect anything MOTY worthy. Just a brawl.
Same here and with the later start time it's going to be really tough on you guys in the UK
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I'm not ordering, but that's beating a dead horse at this point. In truth, the only person who could/should make a decision about you ordering it is you. If you think it looks good, go for it. It's cheap enough not to really matter in that respect. If you don't think it looks good, don't. Simple enough. Don't let someone else tell you what you should do or would do. Make your own decision.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

DieHard wrote:Pretty much yes. You should order it buddy, it'll be a good night of wrestling.
Yup.
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

I'll be getting this one.

Every match looks at least decent, except Coleman/Alexander vs. Jacobs/Corino. Nothing against those teams, I just don't think they'll mesh well.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Gonna order and invite a few buddies over to watch.. it doesn't have the big drawing match that previous Death Before Dishonors have had, but if it's booked well and the new faces live up to their potential it could still end up being a really good show. For 15 bucks, with unlimited access to the replay, why not?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'll be getting the replay with my friend as always. I appreciate it more when I'm awake
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

I ordered it, will be great value for $13
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

I have faith that roh is gonna gain momentum wit this and glory by honor so final battle will be red hot. Imma order this show. DONT LET ME DOWN RING OF HONOR