Matt Hardy (At DBD X, Rumored to be at Final Battle)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
syxxpakk

Re: Matt Hardy (At DBD X, Rumored to be at Final Battle)

Post by syxxpakk »

I thought you were done?

And I can. Sorry that bothers you.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

syxxpakk wrote:I thought you were done?

And I can. Sorry that bothers you.
My mood has improved now that I know Lawler is stablized.

Alright then, prove the following things to me

1. Prove you know exactly how much flights for both Bucks
2. Prove you know exactly how much flights are for WGTT
Hint: To prove this you'd have to know what service ROH uses to book travel, I doubt Orbitz is going to help you much here

3. Prove you know how much The Bucks get paid per show and how much WGTT gets paid per show.

I await your response.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I've never said I know those things. I, in fact, said I don't. Again - READ what I write.

I said I can easily determine the costs of flights. If you're telling me that ROH is using a cheaper way to get flights, then good for them - it doesn't disprove my point though as one can reasonably assume the avg. price from Cali to NY is going to be proportionate to the avg. price of Houston to NY. If you're telling me ROH is spending more to pay for flights, then they should definitely start using Orbitz since I've found a cheaper solution.

I said logically determine that Haas/Benjamin would make more than the Bucks would. Hulk Hogan would make more money than Ruckus, because Hulk Hogan is a bigger star. Logic dictates that Haas/Benjamin, being bigger stars than the Bucks and assuredly treated as such, would get more money than them.

Glad your mood has improved, mine as well.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Although at this point we genuinely are off-topic.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Except you're using a fallacy with Hogan/Ruckus.

The gap between Hogan and Ruckus is much greater than WGTT and the Bucks. Therefore we can;t be sure how much either are being paid.

I can say TJP is a bigger star than O'Reilly, that doesn't mean TJP is getting paid more.

Again you can't determine the costs of flights because not everyone books flights with the same site.

Some sites have different deals that include reduced prices of hotels and rental cars if they are booked together.

Another poster even pointed out that Orbitz doesn't use every airline. Just going to Orbitz an typing in a flight doesn't prove anything and isn't evidence.

So your post is telling me

1. You have no idea what the costs of flights for the Bucks is
2. You have no idea what the costs of flights for WGTT is
3. You don't know how much either is paid

Therefore you know nothing and have just been making stuff up

Edit: We also have no idea whether flights are booked in first class or coach
Last edited by YimYac on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

If that's how you feel. Of course, all you're doing is proving my point for me so, again, thanks!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

syxxpakk wrote:If that's how you feel. Of course, all you're doing is proving my point for me so, again, thanks!
You proved my point that you have 0 evidence to back up anything you said regarding pay or flights.

So thanks I guess. I love the numbers you provided
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Except I've backed it all up with evidence, but you don't like that because it disproves what you think. Which is cool, I'm completely OK with that. I'd say let's go back to avoiding each other, but we're no good at that are we?

EDIT: And for my part, I am done with this discussion with you. You'll no doubt post a scathing remark and what not, and that's fine, but you'll get no retort from me afterward.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

syxxpakk wrote:Except I've backed it all up with evidence, but you don't like that because it disproves what you think. Which is cool, I'm completely OK with that. I'd say let's go back to avoiding each other, but we're no good at that are we?
I just asked you for evidence and you didn't provide it......

I asked you to prove you know how much they are paid, you didn't provide it

I asked you to prove without a shadow of a doubt you knew the exact cost of flying them in to shows, you didn't provide it.

I have yet to see any of this supposed evidence.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

syxxpakk wrote:Although at this point we genuinely are off-topic.
Somebody finally said something logical after pages of utter garbage. This was reaching levels of stupidity that hasn't been seen since people were arguing over what's-her-name from North Carolina was saying when the shows got cancelled this summer.

Get this thread back on topic or we'll have no choice but to close it.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

No... fuck, no!

BTW i saw him wrestle at 2012. He's not good. In house show i don't mind to be honest, but why in Final Battle? in Main Event??

Oh, and bring him to NYC it's the worst idea ever. The crowd there won't give him a chance.
MOOSE!
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Pussies. If you really want to protest, set yourself on fire at the card. Then you'll be heard. :D

On the serious side, I was never a big fan of Matt even in his prime. I'm hardly going to ditch ROH on the basis of a main event I don't approve of, especially since it does seem at the moment they're getting some new talent in the system, but if they do use him hopefully it would be more like the Lance Storm/Fit Finley sense: a name in some special challenge matches (actually that would be like Matt's first ROH run). That way you can catch the interest of the 'mainstream' fans while relegating the name guy to mid/upper card and not piss off the smarks too much.

Unless of course he still has some good matches in him. I have my doubts, but we'll see. Or maybe even a program with QT Marshall to put him over...
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

DBSommer wrote:Pussies. If you really want to protest, set yourself on fire at the card. Then you'll be heard. :D

On the serious side, I was never a big fan of Matt even in his prime. I'm hardly going to ditch ROH on the basis of a main event I don't approve of, especially since it does seem at the moment they're getting some new talent in the system, but if they do use him hopefully it would be more like the Lance Storm/Fit Finley sense: a name in some special challenge matches (actually that would be like Matt's first ROH run). That way you can catch the interest of the 'mainstream' fans while relegating the name guy to mid/upper card and not piss off the smarks too much.

Unless of course he still has some good matches in him. I have my doubts, but we'll see. Or maybe even a program with QT Marshall to put him over...
It's a good idea, and as one who don't care if he was in WWE or TNA, i'm ok with that. But why Hardy? he's not a good wrestler. I'd prefer Masters much more.
MOOSE!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Isn't Masters signed to TNA's India promotion?

Masters isn't as relevant as Matt Hardy, at least Matt works for a variety of indy promotions. I never hear anything about Masters
abekoby

Post by abekoby »

I'm ok with WWE or even TNA castoffs. James Gibson was the world champion 2005, and he was a pretty good addition to the roster. I thought Finlay would do pretty well, but he proved me wrong there. Rhino's been a bit of a disappointment, and I don't expect Hardy to be much better. If they're going to bring in former WWE guys, can't they give us someone like John Morrison or Brian Kendrick or Carlito? Just someone with something left in the tank. Hardy coming to ROH in 2005 was kind of fun, if a little lackluster. But in 2012, it's difficult to expect much out of him. That being said, I'll probably still watch the show if for nothing else but curiosity.
abekoby

Post by abekoby »

That is, unless we can also have Mike Adamle as a special ring announcer to introduce him as Matt Harvey.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Carlito seems pretty burnt out on wrestling.

Isn't Morrison more into acting now?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I pray to god it's not Steen vs. Hardy at Final Battle
Dr. D

Post by Dr. D »

Pretty sure they're going to use him to try and draw fans of the Hardy Boys/early 2000s WWE and the casual fans in those markets where the events are being held to help sell tickets. Perhaps, it's Matt's way to rival his brother who's in TNA now and getting a decent push from what I've seen. Though, I'm no TNA follower. Or maybe it's Matt's launching pad to prove to TNA he deserves a contract with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if ROH did bring in the random ex-WWE or ex-TNA guy in the future to try and increase their appeal to a wider audience. I'm sure SBC would push for this, though that's only conjecture. It's easy for SBC to assume wrestling fans will come to ROH shows regardless of what washed up ex-WWE guy is on the card. I'm sure they're just throwing out ideas to try and make a profit and feel good about their investment.

If he does wrestle in ROH, I hope they don't bring him in and hype him big and make him nearly unbeatable. That will make the ROH roster look quite poor in quality and only make WWE look even more powerful. Will he be willing to do a job? Possibly if paid well.

If Matt Hardy is brought in, hopefully it won't open the door for future ex-WWE guys that don't fit ROH's style to come in for an easy pay day.

But the real question now is, what is ROH's current style?
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

assuming Hardy is indeed main eventing Final Battle, i will probably quit ROH. There is still PWG to see the best indy wrestlers in USA, including the top ROH guys.
But to get back to the argument whether Hardy can contribute: I would bet my bottom dollar he will not deliver a bigger buyrate than Steen vs Generico would at Final Battle.
Decide for yourself, if that assumption is accurate. I for one am convinced casual fans are not the target group who actually BUY an ROH iPPV, they might go to shows, check them out or even watch the TV show, but if I had to venture a guess, I'd say 90% of the iPPV buys are coming from the die hard fans. I can't prove it, but that's what I think, feel free to disagree.
Considering, there is no way in hell, Generico is more expensive than Hardy and I am convinced he will never draw as much buys as Steen/Generico would, this is a horrible business decision. They will spend more emoney booking Hardy, than what Hardy will draw.
I can only hope, there is still someone at ROH reading this forum and realizes spending the same money that they will pay Hardy to bring back Generico is what the fans want and would generate more buys as well IMO:

Note to DXvsNWO: It'sirrelevant to me that Steen would beat Hardy, I will never in my wildest dreams watch an ROH iPPV main evented by Matt fuckin Hardy. NEVER EVER, that's the point where I just cannot support this company any longer. I will stick with PWG or Gabe instead, if ROH is permanently booking big names in the main events of the biggest shows of the year, like DBD or FB.

Another note to those rightfully hinting at the fact, nothing is confirmed yet: What really scares me, there is hardly anyone on the ROH roster left, who could challenge Steen and would make for a worthy FB main event. Apart from Jay Briscoe and Cole I can't think of anyone, that's why I am scared as hell, this rumour of Hardy main eventing FBcould in fact be true.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer