Matt Hardy (At DBD X, Rumored to be at Final Battle)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Re: Matt Hardy (At DBD X, Rumored to be at Final Battle)

Post by HarpoonIPA »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:The fact that Matt Hardy is on the front page on ROHWorld.com makes me feel a little bit sick.

If he main events Final Battle, I think the site will be closed down.
That's Matt Hardy? What's up with those hideous dreadlocks :?:
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

HarpoonIPA wrote:
ROHWorld_Steven wrote:The fact that Matt Hardy is on the front page on ROHWorld.com makes me feel a little bit sick.

Drugs.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

HarpoonIPA wrote:

He had them when he first joined TNA. It was either that picture or his mugshot!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think with good or bad numbers the old ROH isn´t going to come back because is imposible to a company with TV to have that format. Thanks for asking syxxpakk.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

187_Joeism wrote:I think with good or bad numbers the old ROH isn´t going to come back because is imposible to a company with TV to have that format. Thanks for asking syxxpakk.
It worked for about two years on HDnet, I don't see why it won't now.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

syxxpakk wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:I think with good or bad numbers the old ROH isn´t going to come back because is imposible to a company with TV to have that format. Thanks for asking syxxpakk.
It worked for about two years on HDnet, I don't see why it won't now.
Well if you think ROH on HDNet was good then yes.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

ROH on HDnet led to two of those highest-ordered iPPVs of all time (FB 2010 and BITW 11), so I'm not alone in that :D
astoph

Post by astoph »

syxxpakk wrote: If the numbers were higher than ever, I would do what I always do when I'm wrong: admit it (something that some people in this thread have a hard time doing). I'd also be highly disappointed, as that would mean that the ROH I love is not going to come back. I'd find a good stopping point for my DVD collection and quit buying them. I'd stop supporting this company and find a new promotion to jump on. And I'd do that because I refuse to support, of all things, TNA-lite.
I'm with you there. If I wanted to see this bullshit I'd just watch TNA.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Bent Albright is moderately funny but the others are bad.

Hope they enjoyed their five seconds of fame!
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

No offense 187_joeism, but I don't think anyone is begging for the 03-10 ROH to come back. All we want is a quality product that is more focused on putting the best shows possible rather than catering to the mainstream fan.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

SteenMark23 wrote:No offense 187_joeism, but I don't think anyone is begging for the 03-10 ROH to come back. All we want is a quality product that is more focused on putting the best shows possible rather than catering to the mainstream fan.
Which is all 02-10 ROH was, IMO.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

SteenMark23 wrote:No offense 187_joeism, but I don't think anyone is begging for the 03-10 ROH to come back. All we want is a quality product that is more focused on putting the best shows possible rather than catering to the mainstream fan.
Not taken, i want that too, i don´t like Matt Hardy to ME Final Battle by any means either. But as i see is, ROH needs money, Matt Hardy can bring money, they can bring better wrestlers with that money.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

But as mentioned, it hasn't been proven that any of these guys pull in any money... ROH is doing the same business it would do without them...
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If they use him to wrestle and don´t bring fans i will be against too, but i can do that before it happens.
YimYac

Re: Matt Hardy

Post by YimYac »

syxxpakk wrote:
Boiling Point was a sold out crowd. If they waited more than 3 weeks to promote that show buyrates would have likely been higher. Also keep in mind some people watched BP for free

House show attendance has been solid with most crowds ranging from 350-500 which is the average number ROH has always done for house shows.

So I'm not sure what you're trying to say in your post
I was saying that that iPPV buyrates and attendance have not gone up, which you correlated for me. Thanks!
Except house and IPPVs are doing just as good if not better than last year.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Who knew that internet trolls were middle-aged men who think they're Jon Bon Jovi?

I present to you, RocketRonnie:

YimYac

Post by YimYac »

syxxpakk wrote:But as mentioned, it hasn't been proven that any of these guys pull in any money... ROH is doing the same business it would do without them...
Except it hasn't been proven that they don't either.

I can safely say Rhino is drawing money from the casual fans. ROH has gotten a huge positive response from the casual fans for Rhino vs Steen. Rhino is incredibly over with all forms of crowds (smark and casual).

It's a first time encounter and it fits in a storyline perfect. If you can't see why Rhino is a draw and a good idea then I give up.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

YimYac wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:
Boiling Point was a sold out crowd. If they waited more than 3 weeks to promote that show buyrates would have likely been higher. Also keep in mind some people watched BP for free

House show attendance has been solid with most crowds ranging from 350-500 which is the average number ROH has always done for house shows.

So I'm not sure what you're trying to say in your post
I was saying that that iPPV buyrates and attendance have not gone up, which you correlated for me. Thanks!
Except house and IPPVs are doing just as good if not better than last year.
No they're not.

House show #s are the same on avg - 400-500 for non-Canada/NY events. iPPVs are down, but in fairness that should be blamed on the SITS/BW debacle and not wrestlers as I did earlier. Even still, DBDIX-10AS were down, on avg, compared to FB2010-BITW11 on avg.

And how in the world can you say in one post, "ROH house shows are doing the same they always have" and then in the next say "they're doing better!"

EDIT: Oh, you changed your statement afterward. Well, it actually has been proven by you that they don't anything. WGTT, Rhino, etc. have been on shows for over a year now and attendance has stayed the same. That means they've added nothing. And in fact, if you consider that guys like Rhino and WGTT probably draw bigger booking fee than say El Generico or the Young Bucks, then it's probably more expensive to keep booking them even though they've not increased business.

SECOND EDIT: Nope, you didn't change your statement - just made a different post.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

syxxpakk wrote:Except house and IPPVs are doing just as good if not better than last year.
No they're not.

House show #s are the same on avg - 400-500 for non-Canada/NY events. iPPVs are down, but in fairness that should be blamed on the SITS/BW debacle and not wrestlers as I did earlier. Even still, DBDIX-10AS were down, on avg, compared to FB2010-BITW11 on avg.

And how in the world can you say in one post, "ROH house shows are doing the same they always have" and then in the next say "they're doing better!"

EDIT: Oh, you changed your statement afterward.[/quote]

Where did I change my statement?

You said they haven't gone up when they have in-fact gone up. ROH is drawing a much more casual crowd which is their goal and they are suceeding. House shows have gone up that is a simple fact. I also said they are doing as good as they always have if not better. They are in-fact better.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

So on one hand: "ROH is doing the same average numbers they always do." On the other hand, "ROH is doing better than they used to." Which one is it? And you can't factually prove ROH draws a more casual crowd, so I'm not sure why you would say that.