Kevin Steen's final message before Final Battle

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

Kevin Steen's final message before Final Battle

Post by fm20000 »

This isn't on the ROH website. He posted this on his Twitter.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/es3n4q

``The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.”
James Arthur Baldwin

In 48 hours, I'll be looking across the ring at someone I've admired for over a decade now, as we get ready to wage war on each other. I'll be looking at someone who I always considered a friend as he gets ready to referee the most important match of my life. I'll be looking ringside at someone who, as a kid, I used to watch on tv manage my favorite wrestlers like Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart, never guessing that he'd one day try to ruin my career.

To say that the odds are against me is an understatement. But you know what? The odds have been stacked against me since the very beginning of my career. I never looked like someone who should be a wrestler. I never looked like an athlete. Yet I managed to work through those obstacles to become one of the most entertaining, unpredictable and appreciated wrestlers on the independent scene today.

I have wrestled all over the world for many, many great promotions, mainly Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in California and Ring Of Honor all over the U.S. What I am is a MUST-SEE attraction for any promotion I work for.

I thrive on being seen as an outcast and a nutcase. I thrive on having people try to sabotage my career because of how big of a threat I've become. I feed on all of that. So you can bet your ass I am absolutely thrilled about the way everything is shaping up for Final Battle.

Some of you might think, judging from my comments here and the comments I made in the last ROH videowire while hanging out in a kid's playground, that I am taking Friday night's battle lightly. Let me assure you, nothing is further from the truth.

I am confident. Not in my victory but in the fact that I will lay waste to several people, cause mayhem and chaos as only I can and finally bring back to ROH an aura of danger and imminent disaster that has been missing for too long now.

I do hope to walk out victorious. But I'm not going to be the guy that walks around saying ''when, not if, I win'' because the man I'm facing on Friday is Steve Fucking Corino. And until recently, I thought that man I was facing was nothing but a shell of the one I looked up to as I came up in the wrestling world.

But last month in Chicago, and ever since then, I've noticed something in Steve's eye that had been missing since last year's Final Battle. I see glimmers of fear. I see glimmers of hate. I see glimmers of Evil.
Steve has been claiming that it will be the Corino of old fighting me in NYC. The one who bled buckets, sold out the Hammerstein Ballroom and fought as dirty as he could until he had nothing left to give.

If that's true...if that's really the Corino that shows up in NYC -and I hope it is- then I can't be sure of my victory. But you can all be sure of one thing...

Violence is coming back to ROH in a huge way at Final Battle.

Let me end with this...
Steve, you wrote that 10 years ago, you were walking into the Hammerstein as the 27 year old ECW World Heavyweight Champion. And 10 years ago, I was sitting at home watching you do it with admiration in my eyes.

This time, however, I'm the one walking into Hammerstein at 27 years old. But I don't have a title to defend...yet. No. I'm actually walking in with absolutely nothing to lose.

And you know what they say about a man who's got nothing to lose...
Chaosphere

Re: Kevin Steen's final message before Final Battle

Post by Chaosphere »

Brilliant article Steen. I'm psyched for this match more than any other on the card!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Woody for this match. I am now wondering if this could be the last match f the evening, with the new stipulations that were added a few days ago.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
cviens

Post by cviens »

It's on the ROH website now.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Steen's stuff this year has been, IMO, stronger than Punk's. Most of it is written (versus Punk's spoken), but I don't care. It's just been brilliant.