What Stable or Stables would you like to see formed in ROH?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Re: What Stable or Stables would you like to see formed in R

Post by HarpoonIPA »

JSWO wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote: I haven't seen good heels since the mid 70's to early 80's Larry Zbyszko was a great heel, and it was Awesome when he turned on his tag team partner Tony Garcia back in the WWWF. Other great heels were the Fabulous Freebirds back in WCCW. People hated these guys, even wanted them dead. With to days society heel heat is dead, and it's a dam shame.

At one point for the first year the NWO got a ton of heat. Cena now gets legit heel heat, despite being booked as a babyface. Heel heat exists, you just have to be able to notice it.
As most people know here I only do ROH and other indies, it's what works for me :D
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

JSWO wrote:
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:I agree with almost all of this logic! But understand it's just fun Fantasy Booking part of being a fan. With that said i don't agree that Steen is a Tweener. Yes the fans cheer him which might make him a Tweener in some peoples eyes which is fine. But ROH is not booking him as a Tweener they are booking him as an evil person. This is a man who almost killed ROH's top baby face, this is a man who wanted to kill Cary Silkin on IPPV he is a man who hates everything about the new SBG ROH. Hardly something i'm sure ROH would want the fans to get behind but we cheer him because well..he is awesome :) That still don't make him Stone Cold 2.0 it might in the future i'm sure of it but as of right now he is booked as a major heel. They are already planting seeds for a future Steen vs Richards match in what i'm sure ROH has plans to make it a Heel vs Face match.
He's booked as a heel, but so was Steve Austin and so was Shawn Michaels. The fans will cheer if they like someone and should boo if they don't. Most fans don't understand that booing a heel is just as good as cheering a face. The heel wants to be booed, cheering them is disrespectful no matter how awesome they are. Steen's a tweener. Eventually he ends up as a face.
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:I don't see a faction being formed(As awesome as a Corino,Jacobs,Steen faction would be) instead i see them swerving the fans. By having Cornette turn his back on ROH and screw Corino during his match with Steen somehow. No Faction just Cornette leading his new psyco path monster around trying to kill Davey Richards. Maybe because Davey represents everything Cornette has grown to hate about the wrestling world. The fans cheer him and ROH pushes him down our throats i'm sure there are more then a few clever ideas to have Cornette turn on ROH and the fans. All i know is this Heel Corny is awesome, Heel Steen is great together it is a win,win situation.
This is a swerve that makes absolutely no sense at all.
As for Steen becoming a Face or a Tweener in the future i did say "That still don't make him Stone Cold 2.0 it might in the future i'm sure of it" As for my fantasy booking not making much sense not everything in pro wrestling always makes sense. This is a fun discussion so how do you see the Steen angle going down JSWO?
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:As for Steen becoming a Face or a Tweener in the future i did say "That still don't make him Stone Cold 2.0 it might in the future i'm sure of it" As for my fantasy booking not making much sense not everything in pro wrestling always makes sense. This is a fun discussion so how do you see the Steen angle going down JSWO?

Turning something into anything 2.0 never works. The New Rockers sucked as an example. Steen will be a booked as a babyface as soon as it's logical to do so. I have a feeling long term Richards becomes a heel and Steen is a face.

As for the Steen angle, I've got a sneaking suspicion Corino turns on Jacobs, after a brutal match with Steen. Corino declares himself in a relapse of evil or whatever word he was using for the storyline. Steen is back in ROH, Corino is re-aligned with Steen, Jacobs stays a babyface where he's the best fit. Corino and Steen are programmed with Jacobs and Whitmer(or Generico both of whom Jacobs would beg to help him) for the next six months or so in brawls maybe finishing up at a Supercard of Honor or other themed event. This could also open up returns of Cabana or Whitmer(if he's not Jacobs partner). Eventually the angle ends and Richards/Steen is built for Final Battle next year.

This allows the Richards/Edwards program to go a little longer, you have a secondary main event program with great brawls for TV like Cornette likes(ala SMW), and you can allow the Briscoes to dominate the tag division for a while until somebody is ready to take the belts like ANX in Florida.

Just as a bonus booking idea here, I move Haas and Benjamin toward a program with the Bucks(non-title) basing it on the older guys teaching the young smart asses respect toward the vets. I take Strong and Elgin and program them as a tag team against O'Reilly and Cole, with the next step being the tag belts for either group with ANX.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
No Remorse

Post by No Remorse »

I'd like to see Roderick Strong and Eddie Edwards team-up, with perhaps Jack Evans and Alex Shelley returning as a new Gen X 2012.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I like the idea of Steen/Jacobs/Adam Cole/Cornette. Future Shock isn't my favorite team, honestly, so my feelings won't be hurt if they split. If they did a new Gen X, though, I think they'd do better to use four new guys versus bringing back Jack Evans and Alex Shelley. Plus, Roddy has grown so much since then I think it'd be a step back for him.
Hammond Eggar

Post by Hammond Eggar »

Damn Jeff, you love being the message board bad ass don't you?
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Hammond Eggar wrote:Damn Jeff, you love being the message board bad ass don't you?

?????
Admin note: User permanently banned.