What Stable or Stables would you like to see formed in ROH?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

What Stable or Stables would you like to see formed in ROH?

Post by HarpoonIPA »

With the current roster?

I was thinking last night about believe it or not this list of ROH Wrestlers together as a stable

As a heel Stable
Kevin Steen
Eddie Edwards
Adam Cole
The Young Bucks

lead by MR. ROH himself Cary Silkin yes Cary Silkin.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
TreeOfWHOA!

Re: What Stable or Stables would you like to see formed in R

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

I love this forum been way too long since i've read a good crazy Harpoon post and i don't mean that as an insult in anyway :) Change Silkin with Cornette and I think thats kind of the direction ROH is going to go after FB. Just with a much smaller stable i could see Edwards, Steen and Cole just not the YB's forming a group. Since those 3 men would all have something against Richards or better yet his pretend MMA camp with Kozina and O'Reilly.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

The reason I said Silkin is because Steen could have brain washed him with Sinclair should have given him more money and look what you built but none of the new fans of ROH see it, Sinclair is evil and so on :lol: Thinking out of the box
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

HarpoonIPA wrote:The reason I said Silkin is because Steen could have brain washed him with Sinclair should have given him more money and look what you built but none of the new fans of ROH see it, Sinclair is evil and so on :lol: Thinking out of the box
Clever idea but do you think the new company wants to paint the image that they are evil to the fans? Just sayin i think your close but a little off Cornette is ring side Steen asked for it why? Now if he had said Silkin then i'd say you might be on to something. But Steen specifically asked for Cornette, love the idea and who knows we both might be way off. But think about this Cornette as a heel manager with Kevin Steen the return of the tennis racket...Oh man i just got wood thinking about it :)
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Leave the fantasy booking to people that actually book wrestling. This idea is preposterous for about 13 reasons.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote:The reason I said Silkin is because Steen could have brain washed him with Sinclair should have given him more money and look what you built but none of the new fans of ROH see it, Sinclair is evil and so on :lol: Thinking out of the box
Clever idea but do you think the new company wants to paint the image that they are evil to the fans? Just sayin i think your close but a little off Cornette is ring side Steen asked for it why? Now if he had said Silkin then i'd say you might be on to something. But Steen specifically asked for Cornette, love the idea and who knows we both might be way off. But think about this Cornette as a heel manager with Kevin Steen the return of the tennis racket...Oh man i just got wood thinking about it :)
Cornette is extremely busy these days, and said in an interview that he will be more of a behind the scenes guy in the future, that's why I chose Silkin also

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/corin ... iday-night
From ROH's web site
Expect extra security on duty to tolerate the conditions at hand and don't forget that ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette will be at ringside during this match to oversee the situation, and we have also been informed that, per his request, ROH Ambassador Cary Silkin will join Cornette at ringside!
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

I didn't read that maybe your on to something..but i still doubt it. Only because only 4 men have been the main focal point of the whole storyline Steen,Corino,Jacobs and Cornette. Adding Silkin would be kind of out of left field and wouldn't make much sense. Unless he was more involved in the storyline to begin with i just don't see it goin down that way. I think Silkin being ringside will just add to the drama when Steen is rubbing it in that he is back!
Leave the fantasy booking to people that actually book wrestling. This idea is preposterous for about 13 reasons.
It's a wrestling forum and is part of the fun don't like it don't read it. But don't tell us how to discuss the product we love :D
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

:lol: :lol: I crack up every time I think of the day Steen tried the package pile driver on Silkin, it blew my mind :lol:
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

HarpoonIPA wrote::lol: :lol: I crack up every time I think of the day Steen tried the package pile driver on Silkin, it blew my mind :lol:
Yes it was rather shocking maybe after the match with Corino, Steen will get the job done this time :)
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

JSWO wrote:Leave the fantasy booking to people that actually book wrestling. This idea is preposterous for about 13 reasons.
Which is exactly why fantasy booking is so much fun!
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
Hammond Eggar

Post by Hammond Eggar »

JSWO wrote:Leave the fantasy booking to people that actually book wrestling. This idea is preposterous for about 13 reasons.
So, what 13 reasons would that be? Heel Cary Silkin would be awesome.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Hammond Eggar wrote:
Off topic sorry but i must say...Love your user name :)
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Hammond Eggar wrote:

1. Cary Silkin hates being in front of the camera
2. People who don't act or bump regularly, or cut promos that sell tickets don't need to be front of the camera
3. Brain washing? It's almost 2012.
4. Eddie Edwards is incredibly over as a face, no need to turn him until his fanbase becomes board.
5. While Cole works heel elsewhere in front of fans wanting blood, in ROH he can be himself, a white meat babyface. You wouldn't turn Ricky Morton heel in 1983 would you?
6. Kevin Steen is a tweener. He gets huge pops and only minor level of booing. Steen is not a heel.
7. What united bond do these guys have? They're angry at ROH? There's an angle that has not been done ever before.
8. Larger stables as the featured act take away from the other storylines going on.
9. Heel manager gimmick is already featured with Hagadorn(on hiatus), Nana, and Martini
10. Cary's the nicest guy ever, being a heel would be so incredibly forced
11. If this happens, Steen is a main event guy, Edwards is also a main event guy, this devalues both if they're on equal ground
12. Tag wrestling is a featured act in ROH, splitting up Cole/O'Reilly would not help the division.
13. I don't want to see Steen do anything where he teams with a guy he almost killed with a package piledriver(Cary)
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

MEGA HEEL GROUP:

Steen
Corino
Jacobs

And they annihilate ROH so badly that Davey Richards is forced into not wrestling the same match over and over again ;)
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Chaosphere wrote:MEGA HEEL GROUP:

Steen
Corino
Jacobs

And they annihilate ROH so badly that Davey Richards is forced into not wrestling the same match over and over again ;)
Most of us have been thinking that way all along, and maybe that's because it was going to go down that way. But something has changed, I can feel it. What ever it is, it sure will be memorable
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

JSWO wrote:
Hammond Eggar wrote:

1. Cary Silkin hates being in front of the camera
2. People who don't act or bump regularly, or cut promos that sell tickets don't need to be front of the camera
3. Brain washing? It's almost 2012.
4. Eddie Edwards is incredibly over as a face, no need to turn him until his fanbase becomes board.
5. While Cole works heel elsewhere in front of fans wanting blood, in ROH he can be himself, a white meat babyface. You wouldn't turn Ricky Morton heel in 1983 would you?
6. Kevin Steen is a tweener. He gets huge pops and only minor level of booing. Steen is not a heel.
7. What united bond do these guys have? They're angry at ROH? There's an angle that has not been done ever before.
8. Larger stables as the featured act take away from the other storylines going on.
9. Heel manager gimmick is already featured with Hagadorn(on hiatus), Nana, and Martini
10. Cary's the nicest guy ever, being a heel would be so incredibly forced
11. If this happens, Steen is a main event guy, Edwards is also a main event guy, this devalues both if they're on equal ground
12. Tag wrestling is a featured act in ROH, splitting up Cole/O'Reilly would not help the division.
13. I don't want to see Steen do anything where he teams with a guy he almost killed with a package piledriver(Cary)
I agree with almost all of this logic! But understand it's just fun Fantasy Booking part of being a fan. With that said i don't agree that Steen is a Tweener. Yes the fans cheer him which might make him a Tweener in some peoples eyes which is fine. But ROH is not booking him as a Tweener they are booking him as an evil person. This is a man who almost killed ROH's top baby face, this is a man who wanted to kill Cary Silkin on IPPV he is a man who hates everything about the new SBG ROH. Hardly something i'm sure ROH would want the fans to get behind but we cheer him because well..he is awesome :) That still don't make him Stone Cold 2.0 it might in the future i'm sure of it but as of right now he is booked as a major heel. They are already planting seeds for a future Steen vs Richards match in what i'm sure ROH has plans to make it a Heel vs Face match.

I don't see a faction being formed(As awesome as a Corino,Jacobs,Steen faction would be) instead i see them swerving the fans. By having Cornette turn his back on ROH and screw Corino during his match with Steen somehow. No Faction just Cornette leading his new psyco path monster around trying to kill Davey Richards. Maybe because Davey represents everything Cornette has grown to hate about the wrestling world. The fans cheer him and ROH pushes him down our throats i'm sure there are more then a few clever ideas to have Cornette turn on ROH and the fans. All i know is this Heel Corny is awesome, Heel Steen is great together it is a win,win situation.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:I agree with almost all of this logic! But understand it's just fun Fantasy Booking part of being a fan. With that said i don't agree that Steen is a Tweener. Yes the fans cheer him which might make him a Tweener in some peoples eyes which is fine. But ROH is not booking him as a Tweener they are booking him as an evil person. This is a man who almost killed ROH's top baby face, this is a man who wanted to kill Cary Silkin on IPPV he is a man who hates everything about the new SBG ROH. Hardly something i'm sure ROH would want the fans to get behind but we cheer him because well..he is awesome :) That still don't make him Stone Cold 2.0 it might in the future i'm sure of it but as of right now he is booked as a major heel. They are already planting seeds for a future Steen vs Richards match in what i'm sure ROH has plans to make it a Heel vs Face match.
He's booked as a heel, but so was Steve Austin and so was Shawn Michaels. The fans will cheer if they like someone and should boo if they don't. Most fans don't understand that booing a heel is just as good as cheering a face. The heel wants to be booed, cheering them is disrespectful no matter how awesome they are. Steen's a tweener. Eventually he ends up as a face.
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:I don't see a faction being formed(As awesome as a Corino,Jacobs,Steen faction would be) instead i see them swerving the fans. By having Cornette turn his back on ROH and screw Corino during his match with Steen somehow. No Faction just Cornette leading his new psyco path monster around trying to kill Davey Richards. Maybe because Davey represents everything Cornette has grown to hate about the wrestling world. The fans cheer him and ROH pushes him down our throats i'm sure there are more then a few clever ideas to have Cornette turn on ROH and the fans. All i know is this Heel Corny is awesome, Heel Steen is great together it is a win,win situation.
This is a swerve that makes absolutely no sense at all.
cviens

Post by cviens »

JSWO wins via ownage.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

JSWO wrote:
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:I agree with almost all of this logic! But understand it's just fun Fantasy Booking part of being a fan. With that said i don't agree that Steen is a Tweener. Yes the fans cheer him which might make him a Tweener in some peoples eyes which is fine. But ROH is not booking him as a Tweener they are booking him as an evil person. This is a man who almost killed ROH's top baby face, this is a man who wanted to kill Cary Silkin on IPPV he is a man who hates everything about the new SBG ROH. Hardly something i'm sure ROH would want the fans to get behind but we cheer him because well..he is awesome :) That still don't make him Stone Cold 2.0 it might in the future i'm sure of it but as of right now he is booked as a major heel. They are already planting seeds for a future Steen vs Richards match in what i'm sure ROH has plans to make it a Heel vs Face match.
He's booked as a heel, but so was Steve Austin and so was Shawn Michaels. The fans will cheer if they like someone and should boo if they don't. Most fans don't understand that booing a heel is just as good as cheering a face. The heel wants to be booed, cheering them is disrespectful no matter how awesome they are. Steen's a tweener. Eventually he ends up as a face.
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:I don't see a faction being formed(As awesome as a Corino,Jacobs,Steen faction would be) instead i see them swerving the fans. By having Cornette turn his back on ROH and screw Corino during his match with Steen somehow. No Faction just Cornette leading his new psyco path monster around trying to kill Davey Richards. Maybe because Davey represents everything Cornette has grown to hate about the wrestling world. The fans cheer him and ROH pushes him down our throats i'm sure there are more then a few clever ideas to have Cornette turn on ROH and the fans. All i know is this Heel Corny is awesome, Heel Steen is great together it is a win,win situation.
This is a swerve that makes absolutely no sense at all.
I haven't seen good heels since the mid 70's to early 80's Larry Zbyszko was a great heel, and it was Awesome when he turned on his tag team partner Tony Garcia back in the WWWF. Other great heels were the Fabulous Freebirds back in WCCW. People hated these guys, even wanted them dead. With to days society heel heat is dead, and it's a dam shame.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

HarpoonIPA wrote: I haven't seen good heels since the mid 70's to early 80's Larry Zbyszko was a great heel, and it was Awesome when he turned on his tag team partner Tony Garcia back in the WWWF. Other great heels were the Fabulous Freebirds back in WCCW. People hated these guys, even wanted them dead. With to days society heel heat is dead, and it's a dam shame.

At one point for the first year the NWO got a ton of heat. Cena now gets legit heel heat, despite being booked as a babyface. Heel heat exists, you just have to be able to notice it.