Ciampa Looks To Even The Score With Lethal

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Ciampa Looks To Even The Score With Lethal

Post by 187_Joeism »

On May 12th at “Border Wars” live on iPPV, the former ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal brought an end to the near year and a half unbeaten streak of “The Sicilian Psychopath” Tommaso Ciampa, the very same man who cost him the TV Title one month prior at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 2”.

Since that loss Ciampa's record has grown sporadic, ranging from dominant annihilations of opponents to questionable TV Title losses, and ultimately coming to a head when he viciously assaulted Prince Nana in Pittsburgh at the “Live Strong” event.

Now, with RD Evans seemingly at the helm, Ciampa is looking to even the score with the man who he blames for starting this out of control spiral: Jay Lethal.

“Tommaso Ciampa currently has one man in his sights.” said RD Evans, “Jay Lethal I hope that you have kissed your family goodbye, that you have checked off every item on your bucket list, and that all your documents are in order because in Providence on August 11th you will have the pleasure of attending your own funeral. Tommaso Ciampa has only one goal at this moment, and that is to break you, body and spirit, and then get back to the goal of winning championships and dominating the competition. Oh, and in case you don't have your affairs in order Jay Lethal, I would glad to be provide you with those services for a discounted rate.”

It will be “The Sicilian Psychopath” versus Jay Lethal one-on-one but that's not all. ROH officials have also determined that this match will be contested under 2/3 Falls Rules! Lethal may have the advantage in this meeting as he proved himself quite adept at those stipulations when he beat Roderick Strong at “Rising Above 2012” in two straight falls (Roderick captured the first). Will Lethal prove himself the master of this match or will Ciampa get his ship righted and return to his dominating ways?

Be there at “Boiling Point 2012” on August 11th when ROH debuts in Providence, RI!!! Get your tickets here!
187_Joeism

Re: Ciampa Looks To Even The Score With Lethal

Post by 187_Joeism »

It´s "Unbeatable" Jay Lethal vs “The Sicilian Psychopath” Tommaso here, i like it is a really good match, iPPV caliber to the Providence, they needed a blow off match, i think Ciampa will be the one to beat Lethal in a House Show.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

187_Joeism wrote:It´s "Unbeatable" Jay Lethal vs “The Sicilian Psychopath” i like it, they need a blow off match, i think Ciampa will be the one to beat Lethal in a House Show
Agree. Should be a good match.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Do they need a blowoff match? Lethal gave him 10 backbreakers to finish him off and survived about 5 interference attempts. They should've just left it at that. Let Ciampa move on.
Last Real Man Hype
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Ciampa HAVE to be the winner here. The match sounds very good, i really liked their Border Wars' match so i'm ok with that. With
Spoiler: show
Kingston vs Steen
and this the show looks very good so far.
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think they need this match to settle their feud, Ciampa wants revenge with Lethal for ending this winning streak and in BITW they don´t have a definitive ending to their history.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Ciampa falling to 10 backbreakers and losing despite a ton of interference on his behalf seems pretty definitive. Lethal's the better man. Keep Ciampa nuts from losing his streak, but keep him away from Lethal. I've no desire to see one fall between these two anymore, let alone three. What can they do to top that besides Lethal kicking out of Project Ciampa?
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Ciampa ripping Jay Lethal eyebrows :lol:
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

They should've just made this a hardcore match, at least.
Last Real Man Hype
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Marketh. wrote:They should've just made this a hardcore match, at least.
Agree with this
MOOSE!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Have to agree with Marketh here, just seems pointless to have these two face off again. I really hope they come up with a storyline for Lethal because he's starting to bore me.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Isn't the score for them 1-1?

They've had 3 matches so far

1 win for each and a draw
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

YimYac wrote:Isn't the score for them 1-1?

They've had 3 matches so far

1 win for each and a draw
Each has taken something the other values. Ciampa cost Lethal his title. Lethal cost Ciampa his streak. Each is still hurting over it, so it makes sense to have a blow off to the feud.

Hmm. If Ciampa has kicked out Nana, maybe there will be a Lethal/Nana alliance at some point to counter Ciampa/ Evans. Seems natural to keep everyone relevant.

And you have to love RD. Only a lawyer would hire someone to kill you, while offering you his services to put your final affairs in order at the same time.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

For some reason I don't see this moving tickets, PPV buys, or DVDs.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I have a good feeling the main event will when they announce it.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

supersonic wrote:For some reason I don't see this moving tickets, PPV buys, or DVDs.
You must not have read the spoilers for the ME