ROH/New Japan 2015 SuperShows Speculation Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: ROH/New Japan 2015 SuperShows Speculation Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Actually, in regards to Moose, I find it really interesting that Meltzer mentioned on a recent podcast (where he & Alvarez reviewed Supercard of Honor IX) that somebody is doing something wrong (something to that degree) if Moose isn't a big star (somewhere) three years down the line.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Actually, in regards to Moose, I find it really interesting that Meltzer mentioned on a recent podcast (where he & Alvarez reviewed Supercard of Honor IX) that somebody is doing something wrong (something to that degree) if Moose isn't a big star (somewhere) three years down the line.
I know, he did say that. I'm just not seeing in Moose what other people are seeing I guess.

What sets him apart in ROH is his bigness. That will mean nothing in WWE where there will be 10-12 bigger guys on the roster. What else does he have? He can do a high dropkick.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

He's budget Uhaa Nation without any kind of charisma.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I think he's still way too early in his development to decide if he'll ever be a star, but I'm yet to really see anything special from him yet.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I don't want to bitch, but I don't understand why they couldn't make one of the shows an iPPV. Last year's shows were excellent. The ROH fanbase is drooling at the mouths for these shows. I just don't understand the decision making.
I doubt you're old enough to remember reel to reel projection. When those suckers ripped in the middle of what you were watching, it was a huge pain in the posterior to try to get back into it once the film was taped together and working. ROH's iPPV excursions are like an updated version of that. More hassle and frustration than worth doing because they don't work right.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I don't think ROH need to get iPPV for their big shows, but if they could get next day VOD that was announced it would be as so beforehand it'd be a hell of a lot better than what we have now.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Maybe they can get the Philadelphia Shows out there really quickly since those shows are in the middle of the week.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@ringofhonor · 3h 3 hours ago
Tomorrow the first @njpw1972 @newjapaneng star signed for #WarOfTheWorlds & #GlobalWars will be announced
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I understand why ROH doesn't want there iPPVs to be live due to all the problems they have had; that being said they NEED to get these shows up by the next morning. People want to see them and will pay money to see them as soon as possible and unspoiled. If it gets to be like 3-4 days fans are going to get spoiled and not care about seeing it ASAP and they'll just wait a few extra days until they can find it online somewhere else for free.

Hoping they start off with one of the top names tomorrow to get the hype train moving!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Noted. Great analogy DBSommer.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Absolutely agree with you guys! These shows need to be available the very next day! It's unacceptable that SCOH was almost a week ago and it's still not up. I certainly am not really eager to buy the show now, I rather wait for the DVD, since it's absolutely impossible to stay spoiler free for such a long time.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Absolutely agree with you guys! These shows need to be available the very next day! It's unacceptable that SCOH was almost a week ago and it's still not up. I certainly am not really eager to buy the show now, I rather wait for the DVD, since it's absolutely impossible to stay spoiler free for such a long time.
Exactly. You promote the hell out of Samoa Joe coming back and...still no show. What's worse is that word of mouth says that this is a fairly entertaining show. SBG better get their collective heads out of their asses and figure out a quicker turnaround for these shows if they want interest level to stay high.