Supercard of Honor X - April 1-2, 2016 - Dallas, TX

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

What slot on WM32 weekend should SCOH10 be slotted for?

Friday evening
40%
Saturday afternoon
53%
Saturday evening
7%

Total votes: 15

187_Joeism

Re: Supercard of Honor X - April 1-2, 2016 - Dallas, TX

Post by 187_Joeism »

Thelone wrote:Better late than never I guess, but that probably means we're gonna get ANOTHER Lethal vs. O'Reilly match at BITW.
Lethal vs O´Reilly II (III if you count the one for the TV Title)
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

187_Joeism wrote:
Thelone wrote:Better late than never I guess, but that probably means we're gonna get ANOTHER Lethal vs. O'Reilly match at BITW.
Lethal vs O´Reilly II (III if you count the one for the TV Title)
Too soon, Kyle hs to be built up longer to be a credible challenger again, I'd say All Star Extravaganza at the earliest, possibly Final Battle.
For Best in the World I think the Cole/Kyle feud will continue, likely building towards FWH.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:What a shame Roddy is wasted on such a show by working a match with Moose. Doesn't TNA or WWE need a green, husky Ex-Football player?
This.

Okada couldn't make Moose into a superstar. No way Roddy can either. Moose vs. Kongo easily one of the worst matches of the year so far.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

187_Joeism wrote:
TYFDK wrote:Image

Ahhhhh shit.
About time they give Kyle some singles wins.
I disagree. Sydal is doing some of the best wrestling of his career right now. Any singles wins O'Reilly gets now mean nothing. O'Reilly's singles career right now is dead, because he's been booked fucking terribly. I'd like to see Sydal take the TV title from Ishii. For a former WWE superstar, he shouldn't be languishing in a sea of mediocrity. Time to push him.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Sydal is simply occupying the role Daniels played during his second run in the company.

Observer:
Both ROH shows on 4/1 and 4/2 in Dallas at the Dallas Hyatt are sold out with 1,400 tickets to both shows. The 4/2 show will be a television taping
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:Sydal is simply occupying the role Daniels played during his second run in the company.
I don't disagree with that assessment at all. I'm not asking for a world title run, but a run with the TV title or even a high profile feud with Lethal could do something to hook me as a viewer. I just think Sydal has been looking fantastic overall in the ring. He just wrestles a lot smarter than he used to. He's been making everyone else around him look good too. I think more people need to take notice of this.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:What a shame Roddy is wasted on such a show by working a match with Moose. Doesn't TNA or WWE need a green, husky Ex-Football player?
This.

Okada couldn't make Moose into a superstar. No way Roddy can either. Moose vs. Kongo easily one of the worst matches of the year so far.
Man people just refuse to give Moose any credit at all. Dude has been having some fantastic matches over the past year. Everyone's entitled to their opinions but trying to call the Okada match bad in any way is ridiculous. Don't get the hate for Moose vs Kongo personally either, it was exactly what it needed to be. Two powerhouses going back and forth at it.

Please break down in depth why you find both these matches terrible I'm honestly curious.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Moose looked great against Okada, it´s just people hating him no matter what at this point.

Also LOL at singles wins meaning nothing to Kyle when that´s the whole point, he needed that and now they are giving him that wins, saying that is just being negative for the sake of being negative.

I agree they should push Sydal more though, he is one of favorite wrestler to watch right now.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

YimYac wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
This.

Man people just refuse to give Moose any credit at all. Dude has been having some fantastic matches over the past year. Everyone's entitled to their opinions but trying to call the Okada match bad in any way is ridiculous. Don't get the hate for Moose vs Kongo personally either, it was exactly what it needed to be. Two powerhouses going back and forth at it.

Please break down in depth why you find both these matches terrible I'm honestly curious.
IIRC, I have seen exactly zero fantastic Moose matches. The one against Okada wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. To call it fantastic would really be a stretch IMHO. But maybe I'm forgetting about some matches, so if that's the case, please enlighten me.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Jay Lethal vs Lio Rush for the ROH World Championship at Day 1 :shock:
I'm surprised that ROH trust Rush to give him such a big match.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

KL_ wrote:Jay Lethal vs Lio Rush for the ROH World Championship at Day 1 :shock:
[cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope this lead to the winner of the TPT being able to choose between the World or TV Title to challenge like the winner of the New Japan Cup does.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

KL_ wrote:Jay Lethal vs Lio Rush for the ROH World Championship at Day 1 :shock:
!

Good stuff. This is a very refreshing matchup. I hope Lio Rush performs well.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Lio will have a busy day for sure

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thats so dope and fresh,hope they have a very back and forth match with amount of time!
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Okay I guess I would have preferred Dijak or ACH vs Lethal than Rush vs Lethal
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

187_Joeism wrote:I hope this lead to the winner of the TPT being able to choose between the World or TV Title to challenge like the winner of the New Japan Cup does.
That's a great idea. There's been a lot of emphasis on the World portion of World Television Title. Wouldn't hate this - would close the equality gap.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

christopherclinton55 wrote:Okay I guess I would have preferred Dijak or ACH vs Lethal than Rush vs Lethal
I think we're going to have to wait for Dijak versus Lethal, which is probably a good thing. Gives it time to build more.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
christopherclinton55 wrote:Okay I guess I would have preferred Dijak or ACH vs Lethal than Rush vs Lethal
I think we're going to have to wait for Dijak versus Lethal, which is probably a good thing. Gives it time to build more.
That's true
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

YimYac wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
This.

What fantastic matches are you talking about? Give me examples, all I have seen are good matches at best, and they are few and far between.
Just face facts: Moose is green as fuck and so far has not had one outstanding match people will remember. And yes, not even Okada could carry him beyond a *** match.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer