ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
SweetDaddy

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard Official Thread

Post by SweetDaddy »

I can honestly tell you that I hate Cody worse than any wrestler in the world.

As a man who's now pushing 40 I have no respect for anyone who was given what they have in life and didnt earn it.

With Cody we're looking at someone who would have never even been given a WWE tryout if his last name wasnt Runnels and the only thing he ever earned there was a pink slip.

Once he leaves there he came across no different than a Ryback or a Wade Barrett until he hooked up with the Bullet Club and then they started that gimmick that he was all of the sudden the leader.

The leader? Are you fucking kidding me? Youre a WWE failure and you all of the sudden show up and you're the leader of the hottest faction in the world? Why? You guessed it. Because he's the grandson of a plumber.

Now he's hooked up with a mark with money and he thinks he's something special.

I truly feel like the #1 thing his father taught him was how to hustle and play the game.

His father was always at the top of the card because he was always the booker and his knowledge caused the Crockett's to go bankrupt.

Cody and his buddies will run AEW however they choose till the Khan's pull the plug and then they'll all be scrambling for jobs again but Cody might be financially set by that point and why?

Because he's the grandson of a plumber. That's why. Not by anything that had anything to do with his talents or should I say lack there of.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

wow wow chill out bro.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wilson wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:59 pm I used to argue about how Cody got over due to his associations than honest wrestling skills, but Being The Elite got people over to such a degree that it's impossible to tease anything apart here. Imagining where someone might be without BTE is like imagining another world for that person.
See Flip Gordon. Cody and The Bucks are the reason he's become popular. Lord knows Delerious wouldn't have put that much effort into him. ROH can thank BTE for having Flip superstar ready.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

SweetDaddy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:18 pm I can honestly tell you that I hate Cody worse than any wrestler in the world.

As a man who's now pushing 40 I have no respect for anyone who was given what they have in life and didnt earn it.

With Cody we're looking at someone who would have never even been given a WWE tryout if his last name wasnt Runnels and the only thing he ever earned there was a pink slip.

Once he leaves there he came across no different than a Ryback or a Wade Barrett until he hooked up with the Bullet Club and then they started that gimmick that he was all of the sudden the leader.

The leader? Are you fucking kidding me? Youre a WWE failure and you all of the sudden show up and you're the leader of the hottest faction in the world? Why? You guessed it. Because he's the grandson of a plumber.

I truly feel like the #1 thing his father taught him was how to hustle and play the game.

His father was always at the top of the card because he was always the booker and his knowledge caused the Crockett's to go bankrupt.

Cody and his buddies will run AEW however they choose till the Khan's pull the plug and then they'll all be scrambling for jobs again but Cody might be financially set by that point and why?

Because he's the grandson of a plumber. That's why. Not by anything that had anything to do with his talents or should I say lack there of.

Jesus. Come back down from the soap box of jealousy and rejoin the rest of us on planet earth. Yikes. ~JS
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

With regards to Cody, he is a genius in how he has presented himself, even from his palatial mansion and showing how perfect his life he has still tapped into the working class wrestling fan, the nerd, and the hipster. He has gotten least of all because of his matches, as many never set the world a light, even at All Inn the match itself really wasn't anything special but the investment from the crowd made it so, he is very much like his brother and father he can get the crowd emotionally involved and that sticks as can be seen from what has followed with AEW.

It will be interesting to see what everyone feels about him, his mindset etc when AEW starts as it all seems very conflicted at the moment.

As for Flip I actually really hated how The Elite presented him, in ROH he was looking like a serious up and coming star then suddenly he is being Superkicked and put into dustbins on their show. It's one thing I am glad about with regards to the Elite going, many people aren't being treated like trash on that show. It shows in the difference in how AEW talent is treated on their show compared to previous talent.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

SweetDaddy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:18 pm I can honestly tell you that I hate Cody worse than any wrestler in the world.

Worse than Jose Gonzalez/Invader I? That's scary, dude.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

This is WAY too harsh. And keep in mind that the person telling you this is someone who routinely refers to Cody as "Space Clown" due to despising his matches and promos and pretty much everything he is involved in.